Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham fans will love Yves Bissouma's brilliant reaction to Yaya Toure's one piece of advice​

Tottenham midfielder Yves Bissouma has been given some valuable advice from Yaya Toure that could help Antonio Conte's Spurs side

SPURS
By
Rob GuestTottenham Hotspur Writer
  • 17:00, 21 SEP 2022

Yves Bissouma has joked that he is "coming for the Ballon d'Or" after receiving some valuable advice from his hero Yaya Toure. Securing a move to Tottenham from Brighton & Hove Albion in the summer, the transfer deal has seen the Mali international join the club where his idol is now coaching.

Although Toure is developing the next generation at Tottenham with his work in the academy, he joined forces with Bissouma for a special video on SPURSPLAY. Asking the former Man City midfielder for one piece of advice to help his game, Toure offered the 26-year-old some wisdom that could really benefit Antonio Conte's Tottenham side in the process.

"For me I think football has been our passion, it has been our belief and lift. The most important is try to be coachable, when I say try to be coachable...listen and focus all the time, always be focused," Toure told the midfield star.

"Take care of yourself. it's really, really important because games in Premier League come week in, week out. Playing for me has always been [more] important than training. That doesn't mean I say don't train, you have to train and always try to be available as much as you can because for your development it is really, really important.

"For me I have been learning and developing when I was playing more games because I confront myself with different kinds of players from around the world, like when I go to the national team or play in the Premier League it was totally different. I was learning more and more and trying to be better and better.

"The one good piece of advice I have to give to you is every day make as much as possible to improve. Every day. Sometimes some players go to the session or the training and sometimes they are bored or sometimes thinking what are they doing today. They don't realise when I come to the session that it has to be a session where I have to learn and improve.

"In everything I have been doing I have to improve. I have to improve how I get my muscles to rest well, every day I get a massage before I go home, coming back in the morning I have to drink one litre or two litre bottles of water to be clean. Coming to the session, even if it's a poor session or the best session of work, how I can improve myself because the coaches are there to help you improve.

"The most important is how you get the best out of it and you can take that with you. For you every day it is time for you to develop to improve and be better and better. Everything for me was challenging, but everything for me was learning as well. If it was passing session for one hour my passing has to be better and better and better. I have to get clip of it and when I pass like that it is better and when I pass like that is is no good. I have to change it."

Tottenham fans will love Yves Bissouma's brilliant reaction to Yaya Toure's one piece of advice​

Tottenham midfielder Yves Bissouma has been given some valuable advice from Yaya Toure that could help Antonio Conte's Spurs side

SPURS
By
Rob GuestTottenham Hotspur Writer
  • 17:00, 21 SEP 2022

Yves Bissouma has joked that he is "coming for the Ballon d'Or" after receiving some valuable advice from his hero Yaya Toure. Securing a move to Tottenham from Brighton & Hove Albion in the summer, the transfer deal has seen the Mali international join the club where his idol is now coaching.

Although Toure is developing the next generation at Tottenham with his work in the academy, he joined forces with Bissouma for a special video on SPURSPLAY. Asking the former Man City midfielder for one piece of advice to help his game, Toure offered the 26-year-old some wisdom that could really benefit Antonio Conte's Tottenham side in the process.

"For me I think football has been our passion, it has been our belief and lift. The most important is try to be coachable, when I say try to be coachable...listen and focus all the time, always be focused," Toure told the midfield star.

"Take care of yourself. it's really, really important because games in Premier League come week in, week out. Playing for me has always been [more] important than training. That doesn't mean I say don't train, you have to train and always try to be available as much as you can because for your development it is really, really important.

"For me I have been learning and developing when I was playing more games because I confront myself with different kinds of players from around the world, like when I go to the national team or play in the Premier League it was totally different. I was learning more and more and trying to be better and better.

"The one good piece of advice I have to give to you is every day make as much as possible to improve. Every day. Sometimes some players go to the session or the training and sometimes they are bored or sometimes thinking what are they doing today. They don't realise when I come to the session that it has to be a session where I have to learn and improve.

"In everything I have been doing I have to improve. I have to improve how I get my muscles to rest well, every day I get a massage before I go home, coming back in the morning I have to drink one litre or two litre bottles of water to be clean. Coming to the session, even if it's a poor session or the best session of work, how I can improve myself because the coaches are there to help you improve.

"The most important is how you get the best out of it and you can take that with you. For you every day it is time for you to develop to improve and be better and better. Everything for me was challenging, but everything for me was learning as well. If it was passing session for one hour my passing has to be better and better and better. I have to get clip of it and when I pass like that it is better and when I pass like that is is no good. I have to change it."

From Potter to Yaya & Conte...... What a pathway this guy has at his disposal......

The prospect of Bissouma hitting his prime with us is mouth-watering!

Not sure what this guy has to do to get a start. Constantly lauded as one of the leagues best midfielders last season and yet he doesn’t seem to fit. I think he was what we needed yesterday in place of either Son or Richy. Stiffen midfield and allow a little more freedom to the wingbacks. Isn’t that Conte’s style?

:contehandshead:

Not sure what this guy has to do to get a start. Constantly lauded as one of the leagues best midfielders last season and yet he doesn’t seem to fit. I think he was what we needed yesterday in place of either Son or Richy. Stiffen midfield and allow a little more freedom to the wingbacks. Isn’t that Conte’s style?

:contehandshead:

He was on the pitch for 24 minutes at the weekend.

Touches - 3 (yes 3. That's not a typo)
Tackles attempted - 0
Interceptions - 0
Blocks - 0

I'd suggest he has to do more than that to get a start ahead of Holjberg and Bentancaur.

Tackles attempted - 0
Interceptions - 0
Blocks - 0

I'd suggest he has to do more than that to get a start ahead of Holjberg and Bentancaur.
yes really poor figures, but for some of us its not playing him instead of Holjberg & Bentancaur he should be playing with them giving us control higher up the field instead of 10 players on/in the penatly box

Tackles attempted - 0
Interceptions - 0
Blocks - 0

Bit unfair we were being overran in midfield and had 10 men, why would you use the Weekend's game to suggest that he's not good enough when anyone similar in his position would have most probably posted the same numbers?

Tackles attempted - 0
Interceptions - 0
Blocks - 0

Okay but I don’t think you can really judge him on that alone. He will need starts to get up to speed. I’m not saying he is the saviour of the squad but I do feel he was worth a start at the weekend.

Tackles attempted - 0
Interceptions - 0
Blocks - 0

Hardly suitable circumstances to judge a player.

Bit unfair we were being overran in midfield and had 10 men, why would you use the Weekend's game to suggest that he's not good enough when anyone similar in his position would have most probably posted the same numbers?

Unfair? He was on the pitch for 24 minutes. Didn't attempt a single tackle and touched the ball 3 times.

Skipp had less minutes and managed 3 times as many touches of the ball and made 3 tackles.

Well, that's the problem. There was 25 minutes still left to play.

The game was far from over.

Even United didn't give up when they went 6-1 down to City.

The subs from the manager suggested that he threw the towel in.

Those 25 mins aren't going to define whether he plays in this team or not.

Interesting that he declared himself unfit 24 hours before the NLD.

I remember Ndombele doing the same and getting dogs abuse for it.

Back
Top Bottom