Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As an 8? He covers ground much faster with those long strides.

Long strides..... Biss has those and can do it with the ball at his feet.

Has better timing to arrive in the box.

When we're on top, Biss is prone to bulldozing runs where he dribbles and 1-2s into the box.

Not sure we've seen so much of Sarr arriving in the box since the earlier games this season.

Biss is more 6 than 8. Bentancur is genuinely both 6&8. Maddison and GLC are more 10 than 8. Sarr is still learning what he is.

I think Biss has everthing you'd want from a box to box... Except for the likelihood of goals.

I think what makes Benta an appealing option at #6 is that he has a better array of passing with which to recycle the ball..... With a 'Maddison' alongside our #8(***) I think the spread of passing ability accross the 3 positions makes more sense with RB at #6 instead of #8).

....For me MF is always about the blend - and how we spread the abilities accross the pitch.

(***Notice how in the summer all the talk was that Angeball consisted of 433 with 2 x adv #8s - or proxy #10s? .....Funny; now we're up and running people are instinctively back to talking in terms of 6/8/10 and 4231 formations...... )

I do think Sarr has the ability to develop into an incredible 6 but not as good at being press resistant yet. Yet.

So far, he's also a bit of a non-entity with the ball too.

Sarr has the chassis of an amazing player, but he's clearly not found his final form yet........

Last edited:
I don’t really see it mentioned that he brought the ball down from the sky on his chest in a difficult position. He immediately had two players on him. The defence had previously failed to cope with the high ball.

As other have said, he could have passed to Udogie but all that does is pass the pressure on. He got tackled by the best 6 in the world under pressure from two more. City are a good team who press really well and have great players. This supposed mistake is really being blown out of proportion.

In every other match, these mistakes lead to 2 goals conceded.
How is that "blown out of proportions"?

That's an absurd statement.

Not saying that we should drop him because of that, but this was total disaster of display by him, there is no other way of putting it really.

I don’t really see it mentioned that he brought the ball down from the sky on his chest in a difficult position. He immediately had two players on him. The defence had previously failed to cope with the high ball.

As other have said, he could have passed to Udogie but all that does is pass the pressure on. He got tackled by the best 6 in the world under pressure from two more. City are a good team who press really well and have great players. This supposed mistake is really being blown out of proportion.

Yet you're still talking about it 3 days after it happened :confused:

Only that I am very confident, that Ange did not enjoy these specific moments that ended up in goal + other very likely goal.

While I agree that Ange will not throw players under the bus nor blame them too harshly, it feels very logical that his perfect play would be right on the edge, without crossing the line and actually giving the ball away.

I do not think that you are saying this, but from how you are speaking, it sounds like your point would be that such mistakes on their own are the goal of Ange philosophy. And that sounds utterly dumb.

No, that’s not what I’m saying mate. In anyway. I’m saying Ange accounts for the risk of conceding these goals in the equation when deciding to play this way.

No, that’s not what I’m saying mate. In anyway. I’m saying Ange accounts for the risk of conceding these goals in the equation when deciding to play this way.

Exactly, that's why I added that I actually do not think that you would be saying that.

I agree that Ange realizes the risk of conceding, but even he is trying to find a balance between progressing the ball and breaking lines vs conceding chances/goals.

Exactly, that's why I added that I actually do not think that you would be saying that.

I agree that Ange realizes the risk of conceding, but even he is trying to find a balance between progressing the ball and breaking lines vs conceding chances/goals.

I think he’s more looking to get better at breaking lines and then trying do it as often as possible.

In every other match, these mistakes lead to 2 goals conceded.
How is that "blown out of proportions"?

That's an absurd statement.

Not saying that we should drop him because of that, but this was total disaster of display by him, there is no other way of putting it really.
You’re focusing in on one part. You don’t focus on lots of other contributing factors - the way Emerson Royal dealt with the original ball, the lack of productive support (if a player is surrounded by 3 opposition players then there are some unmarked spurs players not contributing) , any tactical aims that Bissouma was trying to stick to… the quality of the opposition…

Instead it would have all been on one player? Not really buying that.

It's been blown put of proportion by those who keep talking about it.

The intention of playing like that is correct but the execution was poor - it's a minor issue that can be tweaked, talk about going OTT
It’s being blown out of proportion by attributing more blame on Bissouma than is due; not by talking about it.

He's out of form but is quality and we know it. The mistake is gonna happen when you're a risk taking player in a high-risk position.

Probably will boss West Ham and everything will be forgiven and he'll be the league's best midfielder again!!!

Much more like his old self today. Think he clearly prefers playing with sarr due to higher technical ability and trusts him to play off of. Not perfect but definitely a huge improvement in his performance and a bit more of his usual swagger at times.

Much more like his old self today. Think he clearly prefers playing with sarr due to higher technical ability and trusts him to play off of. Not perfect but definitely a huge improvement in his performance and a bit more of his usual swagger at times.
I think Biss is a strong and muscular and struggles to zip about the pitch the way Sarr and Benta do, that's probably the key to their partnership.

I think Biss is a strong and muscular and struggles to zip about the pitch the way Sarr and Benta do, that's probably the key to their partnership.
He's pure technique with fantastic feet in close quarters with opposition. Makes sense what you say and there was a drop off Maybe even subconsciously playing next to hojbjerg and skipp.

Can see how much easier life is for him with Sarr playing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom