Zero Debt

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you happy with the transfer strategy of ENIC?

• Yes

Votes: 48 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • I don't know and I don't care. This is a stupid poll.

Votes: 13 14.6%

• Total voters
Mate, you don't like the club, you don't like the manager, you don't like the fans - half the players, you don't like people on message boards, you want the Lane demolished. This is the reason you are getting nothing out of it. You've fallen out of love.
I can see your POV on this Joe.

But just for the record, I still, in a way, love Spurs the club, but I most definitely do NOT love ENIC. Sometimes for shorthand I'll say 'club' when really I mean ENIC.

Of course what constitutes the 'club' is a difficult philosophical point. To use a modern business term, the club has many stakeholders, some parts I like, some parts I don't etc.

For example, the reason I joined here is because of the fantastic 1882 movement, which I think is brilliant. So clearly I like some of the fans.

Re the Lane being demolished, pretty much everyone wants that surely, as the way forward is a new stadium.

I can see your POV on this Joe.

But just for the record, I still, in a way, love Spurs the club, but I most definitely do NOT love ENIC. Sometimes for shorthand I'll say 'club' when really I mean ENIC.

Of course what constitutes the 'club' is a difficult philosophical point. To use a modern business term, the club has many stakeholders, some parts I like, some parts I don't etc.

For example, the reason I joined here is because of the fantastic 1882 movement, which I think is brilliant. So clearly I like some of the fans.

Re the Lane being demolished, pretty much everyone wants that surely, as the way forward is a new stadium.
I love the Lane, it's a proper football stadium.

Going to games doesnt mean you are not a cunt.

Its funny that whenever people like you make yourselves look like pathetic tossers with your anti Levy stuff and it blows up in your face, the argument turns to "I go to more games than you..."

Doesnt make you a good fan
1) No, your right. Just less of a cunt than someone like yourself.

2) Which bit has blown up in my face. The bit we spent no money in January despite turning a profit and look likely to miss out on top 4 again ?, or the revelation of a new car park underneath "new WHL" maybe.

3) Whats your idea of a good fan then. Someone who agrees with everything you say. ?

You tell me. But apparently, whatever it is, I`m not one.
John, you're one of the most insightful people on here and indeed on Spurs forums in general.:thumbup: Of course I don't know you personally so can't vouch for the fact that you're a great fan, but I'm happy to take your word on it. Certainly on the basis on yours and others posts you seem a far better and more knoledgeable fan than many/most on here.

To me, the amount of people who think that ENIC and Poch are doing a great job is mind blowingly large.

No trophies again, and unlikely to finish higher than we did last season ( incidentally, when Sherwood was coated appallingly for our highest PPG in top flight history) and that's a great achievement, I don't think so.

John, you're one of the most insightful people on here and indeed on Spurs forums in general.:thumbup: Of course I don't know you personally so can't vouch for the fact that you're a great fan, but I'm happy to take your word on it. Certainly on the basis on yours and others posts you seem a far better and more knoledgeable fan than many/most on here.

To me, the amount of people who think that ENIC and Poch are doing a great job is mind blowingly large.

No trophies again, and unlikely to finish higher than we did last season ( incidentally, when Sherwood was coated appallingly for our highest PPG in top flight history) and that's a great achievement, I don't think so.
Thanks for the kind words mate. And if we win tomorrow, I`m sure we`ll both be dancing in the streets of our respective towns. Even if Levy scores the winner.:dude:

1) No, your right. Just less of a cunt than someone like yourself.
A cunt is a cunt. No brownie points for being slightly less of a cunt

2) Which bit has blown up in my face. The bit we spent no money in January despite turning a profit and look likely to miss out on top 4 again ?, or the revelation of a new car park underneath "new WHL" maybe.
No...this bit for one of many examples

The fact its just one small business employing a handfull of people leads me to wonder wether ENIC themselves are not in some sort of collusion with Archways in order to keep the thing dragging on as long as possible. I stress this is just my opinion, and most people on here probably disagree. But its the way I see it. Just to clarify, ENIC own all the land between the stadium and the college apart from ASM right ?. So if the little sheet metal works emerge victorious, would there be anything to stop ENIC selling off there acquired Land for other purposes ( at a huge profit, obviously) while leaving WHL as it is ? . I dont know, just wondering if anyone else does ?

Followed by:

We don't even know the design, the size or even the capacity of the thing. It seems when Archway unexpectedly threw in the towel, Levy suddenly got caught in the headlights with his pants down.

You total fucking moron

3) Whats your idea of a good fan then. Someone who agrees with everything you say. ?
I dont give a toss what makes a good fan. I support the club how I see fit.
Im not one of those embarrassing cunts who thinks that going to games makes them unique. Ive put in enough hours to be satisfied that nowadays, I dont have the means or lust to fly home every week to watch a football match.

If I were a Villa fan, I'd be sweating my balls off right now, considering they are only three points off the relegation zone.

Leicester looks right fucked.

The highest: Chavs £958m, followed by: Man U £342m, Woolwich £240m, Newcastle £129 and Spammers £110m debt !
That's very interesting? You could say it pays for 3 of those, the other basically gives away it's tickets but what's the excuse from the well supported, non spending, taxpayer funded stadium Spam?

Chelsea are in a billion quid debt? absurd they should go into liquidation until at least 80% of this is settled. just shows you the old phrase 'if you owe the bank 10K$ you work for the bank, if you owe the bank a million $ the bank works for you' is spot on.
The FA\UEFA\PL should address this in a stricter way than the fair play laws, this really is unfair to clubs like us who are trying to maintain a stable business and playing it fair.

on a side note: more than 1 season outside of the EPL could get clubs like QPR\wet spam\NUFC\Leicester bankrupt

bullet would be better !.. or a poisoned cup of tea!!
vv
original.jpg
original.jpg
original.jpg
original.jpg
original.jpg

Whilst any improving finances are good - our change is really an accounting procedure imo.

We had Bale at a book value of c. £1m replaced with players with a book value of c.£90m

So when does Fair Play kick in???? :townhmm:
Good question.

Answer almost certainly is that it won't be clear cut. The worst affected clubs will doubtless work to 'get round it' in a legal way.

A good indicator of FFP kicking in would be if a team outside the 'big 5' won the Prem or CL. I can't see that happening any time in the next 5 years. While teams outside the cartel aren't winning either of the 'big 2' trophies, then FFP is going to look pretty hollow I suspect.

In fact I'll go further, I don't see any English team outside the big 5 even finishing top 2 or getting to a CL final in the next five years. Teams like us and West Ham may dream our dreams, but seriously we're way off the pace, West Ham far more so than us of course.

Maybe within the next ten years our new stadium may turn us around sufficiently to break the cartel. Maybe West Ham will win the lottery again with new City/Chelsea-style owners, having already won the lottery once with a cut-price stadium at the taxpayers. Maybe maybe maybe... :cautious:

Us

We
16px-Schutzstaffel_SS.svg.png
Ham

Hence my comment 'West Ham far more so than us of course.'

I mention West Ham, because they have a potential game changer in a new stadium, just as we do.

They would need, as I've already explained, also to get a City/Chelsea style owner. But the OS gets them a much better chance of doing that, IMHO.

Re the poll, it's quite interesting just how big a backing ENIC are getting for their transfer strategy. There's an awful lot of Spurs fans it seems, if this poll is an indicator, with the fiasco of the 'Magnificent 7' summer of Bale, and the inactivity of last winter. Absolutely baffling to me, but each to their own, etc.

I mention West Ham, because they have a potential game changer in a new stadium, just as we do.

They would need, as I've already explained, also to get a City/Chelsea style owner. But the OS gets them a much better chance of doing that, IMHO.

Re the poll, it's quite interesting just how big a backing ENIC are getting for their transfer strategy. There's an awful lot of Spurs fans it seems, if this poll is an indicator, with the fiasco of the 'Magnificent 7' summer of Bale, and the inactivity of last winter. Absolutely baffling to me, but each to their own, etc.

greaves!.
you forgot one thing.. west hams record crowd in there history is 44.000.. & that was against us!!.. where are all these fans newbo fans coming from !!.. football attendances have peaked for this cycle.. they only way to fill the place will be heavily discounted tickets to put bums on seats.
they cant sell out upton park without kids for a quid offers etc..and a dying fanbase centered around basildon where there possibly still not the most supported team in the town!.
stop comparing them and us there is no comparison... after the initial novelty factor of visiting the "Olympic" stadium and normality kicks in they 'll still be shit ! just in a shiney new half empty rented home!.

they will never own the Olympic stadium and rules in place stipulate they cant profit from naming rights or any merchandising of the stadium itself plus in the unlikely event they ever get into profit a large amount goes back to the taxpayer.. add ffp and it aint as rosey as all told.
etc thus curtailing revenue streams

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom