New rules for next season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People want linesman making decisions still??

pedromendesgaol05a.jpg

Fuck that!!

Bring on our robot overlords!!!

People want linesman making decisions still??

pedromendesgaol05a.jpg

Fuck that!!

Bring on our robot overlords!!!
...but maybe we'd have been awarded a goal the other week, when the goal-line tech graphic 'proved' to us that the whole of the ball hadn't crossed the whole of the line - BY ABOUT A MILLIMETRE. Sonny, wasn't it?

Swings & roundabouts, mate. swings & roundabouts.

Would England have won the World Cup in 1966, if the tech had been available? Possibly not.

And to think, in Premiership games, we'll never again be able to laugh at images like the one you've just posted - it almost breaks my heart.

PLUS- how many times are we going to have to sit and wait for the game to start/restart and suddenly realise we can't carry on because one of the official's bloody batteries has run out!!!

Put the humans back in charge and I'll take the errors on the chin - they're part of the game.

FA Cup replays scrapped from the first round onwards

The FA and Premier League have reached an agreement which means the FA Cup format will change from the 2024-25 season.

Starting next season, FA Cup replays will not take place from the first round onwards.

Premier League to increase funding to the football pyramid

FA Cup replays scrapped for 2024-25

More details on the breaking FA Cup story, announcing a host of changes for the 2024-25 season.

Other alterations include:

• All rounds played on weekends
  • Fourth, fifth and quarter-finals weekends exclusive of EPL games
  • No replays from first round proper
  • Cup final weekend exclusive of Premier League games
  • Premier League to increase funding to football pyramid

FA Cup replays scrapped from the first round onwards​

The FA and Premier League have reached an agreement which means the FA Cup format will change from the 2024-25 season.

Starting next season, FA Cup replays will not take place from the first round onwards.

Premier League to increase funding to the football pyramid​

FA Cup replays scrapped for 2024-25

More details on the breaking FA Cup story, announcing a host of changes for the 2024-25 season.

Other alterations include:

• All rounds played on weekends
  • Fourth, fifth and quarter-finals weekends exclusive of EPL games
  • No replays from first round proper
  • Cup final weekend exclusive of Premier League games
  • Premier League to increase funding to football pyramid
I'm glad that they've scrapped the replays.

Yet another disgusting move so the millionaires don’t have a fixture pile up with the champions league schedule.

So basically Fuck the lower league clubs who benefit financially from replays against bigger clubs.

An extra 33 million for grass roots football? All well and good for tier 9 and below but the gap between the top flight and the leagues grows ever wider.

Last edited:

FA Cup replays scrapped from the first round onwards​

I can't understand this. The teams involved in the 1st and 2nd rounds don't play in Europe, so why scrap replays for these rounds?

Does anyone think the league Cup will be a thing beyond 2030. I asume there will be at least two more European Competitions by then and ever tem in the Premier League will compete in some kind of competition.

Does anyone think the league Cup will be a thing beyond 2030. I asume there will be at least two more European Competitions by then and ever tem in the Premier League will compete in some kind of competition.
I wouldn’t be surprised even though it robs some clubs of the chance to win silverware.

Last edited:
...but maybe we'd have been awarded a goal the other week, when the goal-line tech graphic 'proved' to us that the whole of the ball hadn't crossed the whole of the line - BY ABOUT A MILLIMETRE. Sonny, wasn't it?

Swings & roundabouts, mate. swings & roundabouts.

Would England have won the World Cup in 1966, if the tech had been available? Possibly not.

And to think, in Premiership games, we'll never again be able to laugh at images like the one you've just posted - it almost breaks my heart.

PLUS- how many times are we going to have to sit and wait for the game to start/restart and suddenly realise we can't carry on because one of the official's bloody batteries has run out!!!

Put the humans back in charge and I'll take the errors on the chin - they're part of the game.
Excellent post...and 1000% right...

Back
Top Bottom