Final home game of the season vs Southampton. 08 May, 1330KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

blow the whole fucking transfer budget on someone who can deputise for Mousa. We can hardly win at all without him. A scrambled win over Swansea with 2 late goals last time without him. So fucking obvious.

you spend a couple of months playing catch up and constantly having to respond to what the team above has done, it's got to be mentally draining. added to the way the media have gone overboard about monday night, im not surprised they lost a bit of steam once southampton went in front.

Now, having seen so many sides choose to bend over and get fucked by leicester and then have a run of form before playing us, maybe city can do us a favour this arfternoon. It'll make a fucking change for someone to us a favour over the last couple of months

Our last 3 games we have just thrown in the towel. Really disappointing
Rubbish. We have struggled because of the constant chasing Leicester and all the fallout from Monday.

Southampton are a good side with the kind of attacking mix we lack.

Add the absence of Alli and Dembele and to me it was always a game we would lose today.

It was a match too far but we will be fine for the Newcastle match.

Plenty of procession but did not seem to know what to do with it. Back to earlier in the season performance/last season performance.
Cannot watch the City match going down the pub

What fucks me off is that we still continue to play slow possession football all the way up to the 90th minute. Fine if your winning but in a game like this cause some mayhem in their box and get crosses in and through passes when they are on. But no, we will go side to side back forward side to side with 2 yard passes. Getting absolutely nowhere and dont use width properly either. Caused more issues in stopage time then in then after saints scored or in the entire 2nd half. Alli and dembele suspensions coming back to bite us too. Fucks sake

Depends. If Sunderland win midweek vs Everton then Newcastle are down by the time we play them due to a 4pt gap.

Personally I'd be more happy to play them if they're already relegated.

Spurs were flat from being cheated of victory by Chelscum, and a media campaign to ban ALL of our players. Hostile Jon Moss giving dives to the away team all very demoralising for the players, but that's where the manager must lift them.

Gonna have to do it the 'hard' way.

I used the last 5 minutes of my life to make you a collage, dearest Totti Totti
I called it - in the spirit of your own words - "Totti criticising the performance"

That's pathetic.
What the fuck is Walker doing? Idiot.
Unlucky? It was pathetic.
God, the the replays of that Kane chance make it even more infuriating that he didnt pass.
Why on earth is Walker so slow to track back? Absolutely lazy.
Kane is pissing me off lol
Walker is GARBAGE going forward so fuck knows why he keeps going forward and more central lol
Absolute garbage.
We're going to finish fourth aren't we?
I'm going to blame Walker if we lose this, just for trying to play central midfield.
This is atrocious.

Well done, buddy.
Now I'm gonna stop spending my life on such stupid shit and enjoy the sun, while trying my best not to shoot myself.

I won´t go into any kind of depression because if this. Maybe Poch is starting to prep for next season - letting up training intensity. Lots of players are going to the Euros and will have short holidays. 2nd or 3d is important to us fans, I guess for Poch it´s next season that counts.

Well that was lackluster. Never seemed to have that killer instinct.

No Dembele. No Alli. Big problem.

disappointed Mason didn't take his chance. Doesn't look like he can handle the middle 2 position.

Considering that we conceded 2 goals to Southampton's two shots on target, I'm loathe to completely slag off our team today.

We were playing against longball shitcunts in the heat, while missing Dembele (in particular) and Alli quite badly.

Mason was a weak link (and got worse as the game went on), and we lacked any game-changers on the bench.
My biggest gripe is that we didn't play through the middle enough, and Walker's crosses were hardly fabulous.

It's fucking Spursy that such a good season would be kinda undermined by the last two weeks. Spurs social media will be pulling their hair out trying to cover the lap of honour.
:pochfacepalm:

So seriously... a message to the cunts in Park Lane block 35 who didn't sing a fucking word all match, yet somehow on HT and full time managed to make me feel like shit for DARING to sing and get me thrown out on FT... seriously. .. FUCK YOU CUNTS!
WHOEVER YOU SUPPORT it ain't the same team as me.
Fuck you. .. glad you left early you fucking PRICK!
FAIRWEATHER supporters... you don't deserve our club you stain on our name!

Newcastle did beat us at home though and will have everything to play for and we don't. The players don't care about finishing above the scum the way we too. They went for the title and gave their all doing it (and hats off to them for being in it longer than any other side) but they don't have the same motivation the Newcastle players will have. Pressure is one aspect that may benefit us though. We will be able to play way more relaxed than them.

"The players don't care about finishing above the scum"????????

Are you for fucking real?

:avbhumph:

Well for those that think we don't need to continue to strengthen and also sell our weaker players there it is to see. Mason and Carroll are just not physical enough for that role, not their fault but we need to sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom