Final home game of the season vs Southampton. 08 May, 1330KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All this shit about Mason not being worth playing is a fucking disgrace really. We're sitting second in the league, and we would be at least 2 points worse off without Mason's contributions early in the season. Just because Dembele has grown into the player he always should have been doesn't ruin Mason's ability to be a good player and doesn't change the fact that he's always given 110% to the club, even at the risk of his own health.

The fact that any of our "fans" feel criticising him is unreal and it's funny to see that these are the same fucking fans who only seemed to reappear after we failed to achieve first, despite the fact that we have more than surpassed our targets for this season.

To anyone saying Mason isn't a good enough replacement for Dembele, and that we should be playing a fucking defender in his place, you can seriously go fucking do one because it shows how little you truly know about the sport.

Spurs v Southampton Preview

Short preview this week as I’ve been focussing on my end of season piece.

It’s the last home game of the season and I’ve got a golden ticket. For once that’s relevant. I give pundits and the media a lot of hassle for talking constantly about passion, belief, leadership, etc. and ignoring the tactical aspects of the game but I will side with them on this occasion. Monday’s game, the result and the antics, was a huge blow to the club – players, staff and fans – and a morale lift is vital to seeing out the season well and securing second place.
Across all the official, and even some unofficial, channels Tottenham have been very overt in trying to push the big occasion. Reminding us of the incredible season that we’ve had and even encouraging us to bring flags. The White Hart Lane atmosphere this season has been fantastic. I get emotional every time I think of the 15 minute rendition of Park Lane/Shelf Side at the Fiorentina game or singing the team off the pitch after being demolished by Dortmund.

Despite knocks to Rose and Alderweireld, Bentaleb is our only injury. Dembele and Alli are our two suspensions so Mason will take that the spot alongside Dier and Son, or maybe Chadli will play off of Kane and onto the left.
Southampton could be tempted to switch to the 3/5 at the back system they’ve used at times this season as we’ve struggled against teams playing this shape but I think it was reliant on Pelle who has mysteriously vanished from the first team without suspension, injury or lack of form.

screen-shot-2016-05-06-at-17-02-56.png

Even when not in their alternate shape their play this season has been very reliant on crosses into Pelle which made very frustrating viewing when cheering them on against Leicester a few weeks ago.

Without Pelle their main route to goal is by utilising the pace and endless running of Long and Mane. Aside from pressing so well that they fail to get the ball forward our best defence against Long and Mane running on to balls over our high-line defence is Lloris sweeping. While Lloris’ sweeping can be dangerous it’s also really exciting and moments like Lloris winning the ball outside his box are the ones that can get the crowd going and give the team that much needed boost.

Come On You Spurs!

Considering popping into the TFL shop at covent garden for one of these on the way home....

4964.1.298.298.FFFFFF.0.jpeg

I'll obviously keep the receipt.........:llorisserious:

I'm still reeling from last night...
The way an entire season has seemingly hinged on this one shocking night...
And how come CHELSEA get to somehow celebrate a miserable season as if they'd won the league??
Arseanal were demanding Wenger's head on Saturday and online polling themselves blue in the face... they've had arguably the BEST chance to take advantage of this crazy season. ,and yet haven't done so....

So how come all I'm seeing now is Chelsenal as if they suddenly joined forces against us, and are somehow celebrating OUR demise??

Fuck that.
Southampton at the weekend is where WE answer those cunts back... those who have DARED to paint a wonderful , exciting. , hungry young team full of English talent as THE VILLAINS! It fucking destroys any sense of achievement or building foundations that I thought long term plans were built on.

We need WHL absolutely rocking for this one... and no, not just fucking happy clappers... I mean a CAULDRON OF EVIL!
They want us to be the bad guys...? Fine, Bring it the fuck on!!

See you there, thems that are going...
90+ minutes of non stop singing, support and POSITIVE energy for OUR BELOVED TEAM!
.The rest of the Cuntry can go fuck themselves. .. they've nailed their colour to the mast the moment they ALL turned Chelsea fans for the night.

We ARE TOTTENHAM. .. SUPER TOTTENHAM.

All we needed was a draw in the end.. 1-0 up and a draw would have done.. Fuck sake why do we make it so hard for ourselves?
That was such a lackluster display it was painful. Did they not realise that a win would have made us finish above Woolwich for the first time in 20 years.??? it's not too much to ask for is it?
Yes it's been a brilliant season but if we fuck this up then it will be a total write off. We will have a summer of shit from that lot up the road and everyone else as well.
We had this sewn up but no, let's make it uncomfortable. Now we need Sunderland to beat Everton to help us out. If we play Newcastle when they have a chance of survival it will be a totally different game to playing them if they are relegated. If they had the fans right behind them then it could and probably would spur them on to victory. And guess who would shit out?????

It doesn't bare thinking about finishing below them it really doesn't.. This is probably only the 2nd time this season i've been really pissed off.

I'm still backing the boys to get at least a point but fuck me did it have to be this way?

Oh and it would have been nice to have seen Poch at the end but he was obviously as pissed off as me.

Probably doesn't need to be said but I expect our fans to sing loud and proud at this one. Show those boys that it doesn't matter if they didn't win the league, we are behind them always. Hopefully by full time we can also be able to give some back to the gooners as we confirm finishing above them.

The fans love having someone they like to isolate and blame when things go wrong. Mason is part of the squad Poch trusts and just bringing him in for Dembele causes least disruption, he is no Dembele but who is?

Let him for once know he is starting a game, prepare all week and see how he does, he must know he is maybe fighting to stay at club if we are looking to buy in summer. One midfield change vs Wanyama does not mean suddenly we have no chance, we'll put them away

Plus I always loved him doing this:
1411839386896_wps_7_Arsenal_s_Jack_Wilshere_b.jpg

One of our own

Just listening in on two Scum fans in the photocopying room. They were laughing saying how they would piss themselves if we lost both games and they finished second.

We HAVE to win on Sunday. I will then get in early on Monday and take a shit on their desks.

I'm gonna concentrate on the good bits of today.

I legit had a little cry when that lad came on for the kick about at half time today. And big up's to the crowd for getting behind the lil' yido. It was lovely.

The weather was nice.

I had a few Tyskie's.

There was a girl with the nicest bum I've ever seen when walking back to the train station.

Looking on the bright side and that.

That little lad put a few tears in my eyes as well and was one of the most heart-warming moments I've seen all season:

It was a great gesture by he club, to let him have a kickabout with his heroes during the half-time break. I think, it was his very first visit to WHL as well.

Considering what's at stake for the fans with Woolwich breathing down our necks this has been a fucking shameful performance

To all you fucking melts

We've had a brilliant season

We've got a great manager

We've got the makings of a great team with a great team spirit

We're getting a new stadium

We're in the CL next season probably playing at Wembley

Cousin Eddie is still a nervous wreck!

Reasons to be cheerful pt 1 & 2

COYMS

Back
Top Bottom