Final home game of the season vs Southampton. 08 May, 1330KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Playing Mason (since returning from his injury) is like playing with 10 men. Walker also needs dropping for the way he's been acting the last 2 games.

-------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------
Trippier-------Wimmer------Vertonghen--------Rose
----------------------------Toby---Dier--------------------------
--------Lamela--------------Eriksen-------------Son--------
--------------------------------Kane------------------------------
Poch won't play Toby as a DM

probably not but i struggle to see what Mason (and Carroll) offer to be honest. Wanyama will eat them for breakfast.
It's not worth breaking up the Toby/Jan partnership to experiment putting him in midfield, we'd just weaken 2 areas rather than just the midfield. Dier & Mason can do a job in midfield, with the front 4 all helping out defensively as well it's not like it'll be Mason v Wanyama the whole game.

Southampton have been on a good run so it'll be a tough game, but I think the Chelsea result will just make everyone even more focused on getting the win. 3-1 spurs for me.

The fans love having someone they like to isolate and blame when things go wrong. Mason is part of the squad Poch trusts and just bringing him in for Dembele causes least disruption, he is no Dembele but who is?

Let him for once know he is starting a game, prepare all week and see how he does, he must know he is maybe fighting to stay at club if we are looking to buy in summer. One midfield change vs Wanyama does not mean suddenly we have no chance, we'll put them away

Plus I always loved him doing this:
1411839386896_wps_7_Arsenal_s_Jack_Wilshere_b.jpg

One of our own

The fans love having someone they like to isolate and blame when things go wrong. Mason is part of the squad Poch trusts and just bringing him in for Dembele causes least disruption, he is no Dembele but who is?

Let him for once know he is starting a game, prepare all week and see how he does, he must know he is maybe fighting to stay at club if we are looking to buy in summer. One midfield change vs Wanyama does not mean suddenly we have no chance, we'll put them away

One of our own

That has just reminded me, someone belted the ball at Willian the other night after the whistle had gone, can't for the life of me remember who it was. Loved it.

Vertonghen would do a better job in midfield than Alderwiereld IMO.

Maybe, I think any of Dier, Verts, Toby can do the role because they are mobile and good on the ball. Toby has the best all round game in my view.

However as our covering CB is Wimmer who prefers the left side of defence I would probably go with Verts for balance and keep Toby in the backline.

One of our own
And he would definitely get what it would mean to finish 2nd and above the scum

Wanyama is massively overhyped.
No he's not. I've watched him plenty of times, he's a very, very good DM. Southampton were 2-0 down at HT against Liverpool, Wanyama comes on, Liverpool don't get a sniff at goal, Southampton win 3-2. He's to Southampton what Dembélé is to us; their midfield just isn't as solid without him. Like I said, he's a very good player; would love him at Spurs this summer.

Last edited:
We're gonna miss Dembele hugely in this match. His power and directness controls games.. Whoever steps in better be able to play that role.

I want an UGLY WIN. I think southampton have the stronger ( physically) attack compared to us and their recent form suggests they can get a result.If we try to play our normal open game ( without dembele) we will possibly lose. it is time to grind out an ugly 1-0 or whatever to ENSURE we finish above Woolwich. They will automatically get3 points in their last game against villa while we aren't certain to do so playing newcastle.

I want an UGLY WIN. I think southampton have the stronger ( physically) attack compared to us and their recent form suggests they can get a result.If we try to play our normal open game ( without dembele) we will possibly lose. it is time to grind out an ugly 1-0 or whatever to ENSURE we finish above Woolwich. They will automatically get3 points in their last game against villa while we aren't certain to do so playing newcastle.
Shall we start the 'who's going to get a retrospective ban this time?' raffle?

Back
Top Bottom