Final home game of the season vs Southampton. 08 May, 1330KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck off back to Leicester and take your fucking avatar with you, mong
charming. I will do, as u sound like a right hard bastard.
U wont see me messing with the likes of u tough geezers.

Last edited:
true. But i was more arguing against his point that said if we had targeted the title from day 1, we would have won it.

As u pointed out, leicester targeted survival & then just 1 more point once they got 40 pts.

I just dont think we will the title next season because we target it from day 1.
Theres far more too it than that.

I could have just said Woolwich, city, utd & chelsea all made the title their target.
It didnt work did it.
Show me where I said that! At no point did I say "we will win the League". I said our players and the whole club's mentality is shifting towards thinking about it and more importantly should be genuinely believing it.

It feels almost treacherous the way this team have gotten us to CL football to feel let down, but I can't help think that if we finish third this season will have petered out disappointingly. And to finish third will mean finishing below a mutinous team who have been awful, genuinely awful, for large parts of the season.

For those of us who live in London, and specifically north London, it will be unbearable.

Keep thinking long term is what I am telling myself but I can't see past next week.
They say the table doesn't lie.its a quote I have often used myself.
But.....If we should finish behind that lot,then it will have in my opinion.
We have been (at the very least) the 2nd best team in the country this year and the only one that had Leicester looking over the shoulder at all in the last 3rd of it.

Last edited:
why would u even say that when we lost at home to them

Lightning doesn't strike twice?

I saw them at Villa and they were shite

Your "logic" doesn't make sense

So, according to you, after losing at ManU on opening game of season we wd have no chance against them later on in the return

Let me remind you of the scores

0-1

3-0 and add total domination to the equation!

So take your 'doom and gloom' ethos somewhere else!

Spurs Vital welcomes miserable cunts like you!

:dembelefingers:

I feel I have finally calmed down to come on here and talk about the game. Firstly can I say the atmosphere pre match and for much of the game was amazing. The flag display looked quality and I would say 80 percent of people wore white. We should have the flag display for every game.
Now on to the game. I think we just edged it first half and should have had a couple of goals. We still looked very vulnerable when they counter attacked. Mason, even then, was getting caught on the ball. The second half was appalling. We created virtually nothing. I noticed throughout Lamela was way out of position and they were allowed free crosses into the box. On balance Southampton probably deserved it. They made us look like mugs in the second half. This summer we really need some quality behind Kane.

Also bear in mind Soton are a good side, had their 1st team available, with a good manager, are in good form and enjoyed uninterrupted preparation unlike us

They didn't have arguably two of their best two players suspended

And we still had enough chances to win the game and were unlucky not to at least draw!

i think they focused on winning the league, not Woolwich. They fell well short & are now in danger of finishing behind them.

If anything, focusing on winning the title has hindered us.
We were over pumped up for a few games like the chavs.

& as it got more & more clearer we couldnt win the title, our performances have dropped off.

Realistically we will hardly ever challenge for the title.
So if we focus on that every season, then by easter most seasons we will be out the title race anyway.

Go and "support" someone else you apathetic cunt!

:pochbye:

This is one of those 'I said' posts....

I said that we're destined to need a win on the final day, I had meant for a top four finish, and Townsend would ruin it for us. I'm not shitting myself that it will happen.
Why not Townsend do us a favour (he still must have friends at Spurs and still (being an X Tottenham player) hate Woolwich. He may just put his boots on the wrong feet as he did so often for us. We can draw with some effort, win if we have to. Newcastle will be down on the final day, Everton will lose to Sunderland, sorted.

But I have won a BAFTA.

I appreciate it means nothing to you. Tbh it's not help me a jot. But it's true you fat throated monster.

I am one of the best in the whole world at what I do. I can live with that.
You've never won anything you worthless waste of oxygen

Roll over once and for all

i agree players are not fans and should not really be fans... They are professionals. Which is the reason I am fucked off over the downing of tools yesterday and the piss poor reaction to WBA and Chelsea fight backs. If your professional then in one of them games you hold out for three points. If your not professionals and fans then your still battling to finish as high as you can, either way the current run is hard to excuse.

I don't want our season to be defined by finishing above the scum, but not do I want to carry that burden for yet another year. I've had enough of it and Wenger too !

Lightning doesn't strike twice?

I saw them at Villa and they were shite

Your "logic" doesn't make sense

So, according to you, after losing at ManU on opening game of season we wd have no chance against them later on in the return

Let me remind you of the scores

0-1

3-0 and add total domination to the equation!

So take your 'doom and gloom' ethos somewhere else!

Spurs Vital welcomes miserable cunts like you!

:dembelefingers:
nah, i am confident of a draw & 2nd.
I just wouldnt dismiss a team who beat us at home.
But your right, say we will win 3-0 & tell others to fuck off & u get some easy likes & agrees.
Keep up the good work.
I mean, we will win 3-0 & anyone who doesnt say we deserve to win the title can fuck off u cunts!

nah, i am confident of a draw & 2nd.
I just wouldnt dismiss a team who beat us at home.
But your right, say we will win 3-0 & tell others to fuck off & u get some easy likes & agrees.
Keep up the good work.
I mean, we will win 3-0 & anyone who doesnt say we deserve to win the title can fuck off u cunts!

Not here for likes/agrees etc unlike some

Call it like I see it

So when a miserable cunt like you comes on expect me to comment accordingly

If you don't like it fuck off elsewhere you waste of space

Now go on give me a 'like'

You know you want to

:avbhumph:

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if something similar has already been posted...

I love Poch and don't mean this as anything more than constructive criticism. But I think that what has happened recently is another instance of his training methods letting his sides down in the last few games of the season. In all the last three games, we have started well, had energy, and then in the second half lost energy, ran out of ideas, looked exhausted, and completely unable to threaten the opponents goal in any meaningful way. The stats show that this has happened to every Pochettino side so far...every season his sides finish poorly.

I am sure he knows this and will be working on fine tuning his methods to avoid this for next season, so I don't think it will necessarily happen again, I just think it is happening now and it makes me terrified of losing again next week. The other thing is that a bigger squad of quality players would guard against this somewhat. We need to have other players like Wimmer, Davies and Trippier who can come in, who are almost as good as their first choice equivalent. We especially need this up front. It's incredible we have done so well, and a real tribute to Kane, considering how many games he's played up front on his own, and after barely having a rest in the summer.
definitely run out of a bit of steam towards the end of this season.
a bigger squad will help. & hopefully go a bit easier on the training methods next season.
the euro's wont help either!

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if something similar has already been posted...

I love Poch and don't mean this as anything more than constructive criticism. But I think that what has happened recently is another instance of his training methods letting his sides down in the last few games of the season. In all the last three games, we have started well, had energy, and then in the second half lost energy, ran out of ideas, looked exhausted, and completely unable to threaten the opponents goal in any meaningful way. The stats show that this has happened to every Pochettino side so far...every season his sides finish poorly.

I am sure he knows this and will be working on fine tuning his methods to avoid this for next season, so I don't think it will necessarily happen again, I just think it is happening now and it makes me terrified of losing again next week. The other thing is that a bigger squad of quality players would guard against this somewhat. We need to have other players like Wimmer, Davies and Trippier who can come in, who are almost as good as their first choice equivalent. We especially need this up front. It's incredible we have done so well, and a real tribute to Kane, considering how many games he's played up front on his own, and after barely having a rest in the summer.

Agree with all that but normally Harry sticks those chances away for breakfast and how unlucky was Chadli?

I get all the disappointment of last 3 games but still a great season for me!

:levystare:

Back
Top Bottom