Final home game of the season vs Southampton. 08 May, 1330KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last word on the Chelsea game, it was clear after the 1st chav goal that they would employ the tactics that they are known for. One of our senior players, Vertonghen, Toby or Dembele, should have steadied the ship by imposing discipline on the team. The more they cheated, the more we reacted.
Our youngsters did not have the experience to deal with their serial cheats, and consequently were sucked into their world. This is always difficult to halt when the keeper is the skipper. He is too far removed from the incident.
However if we had been pulled up when the shennanagans started, we would have won the game.
We really do have to learn from this. Sunday must be disciplined and clinical.

The losses in our squad are going to hurt us, but I'm optimistic because we've really had Southampton's number in recent history.

Time for Mason or someone to really step up.

Quick question guys,

City beat arse and Swansea, arse win against villa, means arse are 4th on goal difference... Now if Liverpool beat Sevilla does that mean no CL for 4th spot? If so I fucking hope this happens lol.

EDIT: fuck, read its now 5 teams... Now I hope for a classy spurs performance+wins in our last two, and a good ol battering for arse from city and villa (if this happens which is unlikely given villa, and united win their last 3 then arse are 5th)

Last edited:
Merson and Lawro have both predicted draws for us.

Aaaahhh the usual Tottenham predictions are back. Usually we prove them wrong!

End of an era this weekend. I hope the players know what's at stake. Match or even better Arsenals result and we guarantee 2nd place.

I think we will win 2-0.

All this shit about Mason not being worth playing is a fucking disgrace really. We're sitting second in the league, and we would be at least 2 points worse off without Mason's contributions early in the season. Just because Dembele has grown into the player he always should have been doesn't ruin Mason's ability to be a good player and doesn't change the fact that he's always given 110% to the club, even at the risk of his own health.

The fact that any of our "fans" feel criticising him is unreal and it's funny to see that these are the same fucking fans who only seemed to reappear after we failed to achieve first, despite the fact that we have more than surpassed our targets for this season.

To anyone saying Mason isn't a good enough replacement for Dembele, and that we should be playing a fucking defender in his place, you can seriously go fucking do one because it shows how little you truly know about the sport.

Considering popping into the TFL shop at covent garden for one of these on the way home....

4964.1.298.298.FFFFFF.0.jpeg

I'll obviously keep the receipt.........:llorisserious:

All this shit about Mason not being worth playing is a fucking disgrace really. We're sitting second in the league, and we would be at least 2 points worse off without Mason's contributions early in the season. Just because Dembele has grown into the player he always should have been doesn't ruin Mason's ability to be a good player and doesn't change the fact that he's always given 110% to the club, even at the risk of his own health.

The fact that any of our "fans" feel criticising him is unreal and it's funny to see that these are the same fucking fans who only seemed to reappear after we failed to achieve first, despite the fact that we have more than surpassed our targets for this season.

To anyone saying Mason isn't a good enough replacement for Dembele, and that we should be playing a fucking defender in his place, you can seriously go fucking do one because it shows how little you truly know about the sport.

I've always been a fan of Mason, must admit though when he missed that opportunity vs Chelsea I died a little inside. I still think he has a place in our squad though... Interested to see what Poch does this summer. I'm only expecting a couple of people going out (fazio, Bentaleb) and at most 3 signings, likely two. Wouldn't be shocked if Poch goes back in for Berahino. Isn't Carroll or winks contract up soon?

I've always been a fan of Mason, must admit though when he missed that opportunity vs Chelsea I died a little inside. I still think he has a place in our squad though... Interested to see what Poch does this summer. I'm only expecting a couple of people going out (fazio, Bentaleb) and at most 3 signings, likely two. Wouldn't be shocked if Poch goes back in for Berahino. Isn't Carroll or winks contract up soon?

The problem Mason has had isn't a lack of quality but more a lack of game time, and that's not really his fault or Poch's fault, it's just the fault we have where our starting CM's are very solid and consistent and unbelievably difficult to leave out, even for half an hour at the end of a game. Had Mason been a regular starter still, you could put your money on him finishing that chance. Anyone calling a lack of match fitness and sharpness a lack of quality though is insane. He was a key part of our season last year.

Just listening in on two Scum fans in the photocopying room. They were laughing saying how they would piss themselves if we lost both games and they finished second.

We HAVE to win on Sunday. I will then get in early on Monday and take a shit on their desks.

I have regular contact with this Gooner cunt in head office who is pissing me off this week gloating about LCFC and how Cheslki cunts rolled us over. (Ha) I am going to leave a couple of red-backs in his coffee cup.

For those of us on here who are gonna be in or around the Park Lane end on Sunday...

At some point (maybe quite early on) in the game... do you think we can set aside 10 minutes or so to sing through EVERY player's song, so that each and every one of them gets an airing on the last home game... we can run through the starting line-up and carry on with the subs... and then Dembele of course finishing off with the "Pochettino is Magic" song!

Wouldn't half be nice to give them their own minute or so in song.

I'll start the ball rolling with HUGO...YIDDO.... HUGO... YIDDO and we can go on from there!

Just checking, does every player HAVE thrir own song? (apart from Davies & Trippier, who should have)

Our last home match of the season is a must win game v Southampton.

If Spurs win, they can lose to Newcastle and not be caught; we will be guaranteed 2nd place which will really rankle with the Gooners, especially those who want Wenger out!

It will make our season a success, despite the opposite stated by Goldstein & Adrian Durham. Tottenham to finish above Woolwich is a great season; qualifying for the Champs' League is a bonus.

Jason Cundy predicted Spurs would finish above Woolwich, something that muted Goldstein whenever he said it on their Talksport night show, and he also called the gooners "flat track bullies". Nice one!

A win V Southampton or Newcastle would ensure 2nd spot, would be easier at home I think. COYS

Back
Top Bottom