Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

200_s.gif

So I just watched the game delayed....they lost about 20 minutes for a connection issue. Lucky there was the Scum game to watch *vomit. From what I saw it was a game with two great managers implementing their football philosophy well to what would be regarded as 2nd team players/youngsters. Sturrige was just more clinical.
Wimmer was understandably rusty and slow looking, winks got better as the game progressed and Jansen tried hard. I didn't really like how he would throw his hands about when not receiving the ball... he is getting frustrated so I can forgive him.
One thing I find is he is constantly sitting in an offside position! He needs to cool his head, time his runs and those threw balls will come. Even if he does that 10 times and it takes the 11th time then it will be worth it.
All in all I actually enjoyed the game. Yes, it sucks to lose but their are bigger ponds to swim in so it was nice to see players get a run out that normally wouldn't. Vorm as usual quality back up and would make a fine first choice in most other teams.

Ladies and Gents - I present you the most fickle, embarrassing shit-fuck of a Spurs fan or simply a Roma troll - Totti Totti

You decide

Wimmer has been DREADFUL so far.

Some of these passes are pathetic.

We didn't buy him for his hold up play. We may as well have just wasted the money on Akinfenwa ffs.

Grant Holt then. He must be knocking about still.

Fuck me, N'koudou has been trash lol

Origi ripping us apart lol

Not surprised. None of us really thought we would win this anyway. Going by this thread build up.

We're slowly falling behind Liverpool in the pecking order.

Wanyama on for Dier tells you all you need to know about that embarrassing captains performance.

Might as well bring Harrison on, nothing to lose.

Awful awful awful.

Would be very Janssenny to miss.

Don't understand why Wimmer is so out of position every single time.

Vorm is class. Never EVER gets credit.

such a fucking waste.

Liverpool are on the up. Sadly, they have finally got a decision right when it comes to appointing a manager.

I'm more a Spurs fan than a football fan

Last edited:
We have a thread on this forum DESIGNATED to laughing at them I'd say a lot of people on here care about them. Just like people seem to care about Woolwich and what they get up to. Usually shown as a sign of fear to continuously look and see what league rivals are doing and what they're getting up.

Jumping on bandwagons tend to happen on forums.

Shock horror you've piped up.
We have a thread on this forum DESIGNATED to laughing at them I'd say a lot of people on here care about them. Just like people seem to care about Woolwich and what they get up to. Usually shown as a sign of fear to continuously look and see what league rivals are doing and what they're getting up.

Jumping on bandwagons tend to happen on forums.

Shock horror you've piped up.
is this where you put your hands over your ears and shut your eyes, whilst going la la la la la la at the top of your voice?
You can listen to what people say about your posting style and adjust to fit in, or you can keep posting your thoughtless continual carping and bitching, and wind people up. Its your choice really.

I think the United board and definitely their fans will be silently sighing at the fact they missed out on Klopp whole getting a manager whose best days might well be behind him.

Klopp is an excellent manager and where he is ahead of Pochettino is only that he has more attacking options that are able to make the key differences now.

All the Spurs fans on here can go on about whatever but unless we add a 3rd striker in January just like I suggested in the summer we will fall short again.

We are very good. Just need a touch more.

Taking the piss out a team when they're performing well is a sign of worry. Like you said, the best team won tonight but we gave it go. Leciester City next, must beat them and put last season firmly behind us and a lift of spirit. Let's move on.
I was always told to attack upwards not sideways on your own. Giving the Scum or Liverpool or Chavs ect. a roasting now and then is necessary. Unfairly Critising your ownbis bonkers?.

Wimmer was understandably rusty and slow looking, winks got better as the game progressed and Jansen tried hard. I didn't really like how he would throw his hands about when not receiving the ball... he is getting frustrated so I can forgive him.
One thing I find is he is constantly sitting in an offside position! He needs to cool his head, time his runs and those threw balls will come. Even if he does that 10 times and it takes the 11th time then it will be worth it.
All in all I actually enjoyed the game.

I honestly don't think its Jansens's fault, this has been an issue for some time now - creatively there's more work to be done and maybe a player or two required to come in and make the difference.

You can make all the excuses you like for Janssen but he's fluffing the chances he does get.

Adebayor would have been slaughtered for putting in the performances we are seeing from him as well.

I honestly don't think its Jansens's fault, this has been an issue for some time now - creatively there's more work to be done and maybe a player or two required to come in and make the difference.

Very much agree. We need to be good enough to play to our strikers' strengths.

Janssen is arguably trying a bit too hard but two penalty successes will give him a bit of confidence. I have no issues with him at this early stage of his Tottenham career.

We just need to recognise that sometimes we move through the gears too slowly or Pochettino needs to see that we need a 3rd striker who has the pace that would mean opposing teams would have to sit deep. That much is not rocket science.

You can make all the excuses you like for Janssen but he's fluffing the chances he does get.

Adebayor would have been slaughtered for putting in the performances we are seeing from him as well.

Not really fair. There where Number of reasons why Adebayor was slaughtered by the fans; not least because he was an ex gooner mercenary who spent whole games strolling around the pitch with a shit eating grin on his face.

Not really fair. There where Number of reasons why Adebayor was slaughtered by the fans; not least because he was an ex gooner mercenary who spent whole games strolling around the pitch with a shit eating grin on his face.

Perfectly fair.

Adebayor was 30... just about at the end if his Prime... and had played for some of the most famous clubs in European football... oh, and Arseanal!

If someone of his experience was missing those chances (AAAAAND he was, lest we forget!) I can understand the abuse...
But we ALL need to remember Janssen is 22... and has been playing in this Country a little over 2 months!
Plus, Janssen apeears likeable.
Ade does not!
:adeohshit::adesalute: :adeninja::adewtf::adestare:

In my opinion the big difference between how Liverpool played and how Spurs played is the time between winning the ball and getting into dangerous positions. When Spurs won the ball it was all about control and slowly building up to chances. When Liverpool won the ball, in ten seconds they created something or lost the ball again. Spurs defence never got the chance to regroup and therefore gave up a lot of chances. While the slow build-up from Spurs always gave Liverpool the chance to be on the right side of the ball.

I managed to watch most of the game whilst trying to keep 2 x 8 week old babies happy.

Main observations:

We have 2 x top class keepers at the club. Vorm was excellent and helped save our fairly awful and unorganised defense on a couple of occasions. Playing the 2 least experienced CB's in the first team together is what "threw" the game for us in the league cup last season.

We passed the ball well for short spells and looked positive for the first ten mins or so, but once we had our fingers burnt on the break we looked nervous to concede possession and this led to a lot of sideways / cross field passing and not a great deal of penetration.

Klopp almost threw the game with the Origi / Ings sub. He looked dangerous every time he had the ball. Once we had Lamella and Wanyama on the pitch i felt we could have nicked a goal. Not sure i would have wanted another 30 mins of that game though it was hard work.

That Harrison miss, whilst not Soldado against Fiorentina levels of bad, still had me subjecting my two sons to a barrage of words that there small sponge like minds shouldn't have been exposed to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom