***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Diers been alright. But he's obviously no Toby. We miss him in so many ways, even just down to his presence on the pitch. He brings the best out of everyone around him. When the goal went in tonight, heads dropped and you could see the confidence go. When we're looking to our experience players to keep spirits high.... Sissoko? No chance. Wanyama? Still pretty new. Vertonghen just isn't that kind of person. Hugo's all the way back in goal.

Actually now i think about it, Alderweireld, Lamela and Kane, even Dembele are all big losses in that respect. They all have that kind of influence, and that clap your hands together shouting COME ON kind of mentality. And that sort of, lead by example lets get a goal back kinda thing. Dembele on form would have been demanding the ball going past players. Lamela and Kane would be trying to make something happen.

I think we're just really unlucky in the timing of it all. Stick those 4 players in, instead of Dier, Sissoko Janssen and Son and Its a completely different team, if they're on form. Then we can afford Eriksen to have a bad run of games.

Bleurgh. It's been cathartic to think about it, and write it down. But it doesnt make Sunday any easier.

This, 100%. (Apart from the comment on Sissoko: I would still wait to judge him until lat least the end of the season)

I think our tactical approach to all of the games we have played has been the same and that shouldn't happen. We have played the same style of football against West Brom, Sunderland etc as we have against Man City. I think Poch forces our players to make waaaaaay too many unnecessary passes when we our in the oppositions last third. We need to me more direct. We need to make more forward passes and not side ways. Our players need to dribble the ball more and drive it more often to the opposition's box. It's good to have a strategical approach against th likes of City, Woolwich etc where making more passses and switching our attack from left to right and left to right. But we need to be more direct and play simple football when it comes to West brom, palace, Sunderland etc etc etc.
It would be good if poch allowed them to play with more freedom. More free flowing, off the cuff football.
Our set in our ways system worked last year so it's understandable he stuck with it.
But now we need to maybe be a bit more flexible with our system. It can't hurt to try!

Spurscommunity already calling for Poch's head fucking turncoats
& which good managers have they suggested to take over? I can't think of any available who would improve us.
maybe eddie howe in 10 years when poch manages atletico madrid or someone like that.
But even he hasn't had the pressure of a big club yet.

Tbh watching it live I really didn't think Sissoko was that bad. Defensively we looked very naive and made numerous bone head mistakes. In an attacking sense we didn't do enough to get anything from it.

I did think Sissoko was that bad

He looked clueless and out of his depth but he wasn't the only one!
Only Hugo n Jan looked ok

But the main problem with Sissoko was that he didn't seem to give a fuck and that is totally unacceptable

Huge test of Poch's man management skills and wd take an Everton offer of £29.5 million in January if in the unlikely event of it still being on the table!

You ain't hurt my feelings. I'm just curious to know about your pre occupation with race & wild ideas about others perceptions of race. It all sounds a bit isolated & insecure in your world. You should take stock again. Giving up the alcohol was a start but the time spent alone, in the middle of nowhere for days/weeks on end, with no crutch, must take its toll on you. I'm not having a go, but you get weird from time to time, then back off, then get even more strange. I'd love to know why "physical specimen+black man=racist" exists in your mind? It's as potty as it gets.

As I'm half a Jock, Bolton, I get it!
We grow up with a chip on our shoulders and we take being insular to new levels!
It's a beautiful country with some wonderful warm friendly people but in my experience these are a minority and all too often the welcome extends only to tourists spending money
Try living and working there as I did for 2 years!!!
Happily back in Blighty now

I think 90% of Sausage is a wind up but if he gets a reach around on one of his trips he's far more amenable

The bloke has every attribute of a fraud. When the selling teams fans are jumping with joy at getting rid, then surely the player is a worry? He has massive ability as he showed on the euro platform but apart from elbowing some unheard of bloke from Bournemouth & getting suspended for it, has he even made an impact for us? I will happily give new players time to settle but this chap has "expensive fail" written all over him. And it baffles me. We didn't need him. He cheated his ex team a penalty against us when they were relegated. £30 million could have been invested more sensibly earlier in the window. But hey ho, Daniel knew better.

You're not blaming Levy for buying Sissoko surely?

He gets slated for not stumping up cash for players his manager wants and when he does he still gets slated!
:levywtf:

As I'm half a Jock, Bolton, I get it!
We grow up with a chip on our shoulders and we take being insular to new levels!
It's a beautiful country with some wonderful warm friendly people but in my experience these are a minority and all too often the welcome extends only to tourists spending money
Try living and working there as I did for 2 years!!!
Happily back in Blighty now

I think 90% of Sausage is a wind up but if he gets a reach around on one of his trips he's far more amenable
It's got nothing to do with being Scottish. Scotland is a glorious country & I've met some absolutely fantastic people from there & whilst holidaying there. My dad even owned a pub in Scotland. Perhaps I was a bit tetchy last night because of the result & the manner of the defeat. For a team of huge physical specimens, they played like pussies. I'm going to leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom