Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am afraid it's skill in this league and not luck. One thing I do agree is yes...there has been lots of chances.
He is getting in really good positions, majority of time his first touch is excellent and for his age his strength seems to be beastly. He is a proper, old fashioned number 9 just lacking in confidence and goals. All he needs is backing from Fans and Poch, and a goal asap in open play. In no time there will be a conundrum on Kane Vs Yanssen starts.

He is getting in really good positions, majority of time his first touch is excellent and for his age his strength seems to be beastly. He is a proper, old fashioned number 9 just lacking in confidence and goals. All he needs is backing from Fans and Poch, and a goal asap in open play. In no time there will be a conundrum on Kane Vs Yanssen starts.
If you really think that Janssen is capable of being beating Kane to a starting spot any time soon you are kidding yourself.

If you really think that Janssen is capable of being beating Kane to a starting spot any time soon you are kidding yourself.

Yea and who predicted Kane would be this good i didn't see that coming looked like crap before he developed what about our beloved bale you never even gave him a second thought he was back up LB and yet this lad hasn't been here for 10 games good and your ready to cut him off every player develops differently give the lad a chance.

Being reported he has lost 20 mins of memory re last night's injury. Is there a rule that he cannot play for a set period. Seem to recall Lloris out for a couple of weeks when he had head injury a couple of years ago even though he played the next match where the club was heavily criticised.

Im saying he has all the tools to succeed and wonder why so much burden is being placed on his young shoulders. He ll come good and excel for us, if ppl says AZ form is a fluke they should watch him play for Dutch, the guy is top notch. I believe that he would become as good as Kane if not better.
Kane's England contribution is equivalent to Janssen's Spurs contribution it doesnt mean Kane isnt world class bcos of his performances for country. It goes the same way for Janssen. He needs time and trust.

Yea and who predicted Kane would be this good i didn't see that coming looked like crap before he developed what about our beloved bale you never even gave him a second thought he was back up LB and yet this lad hasn't been here for 10 games good and your ready to cut him off every player develops differently give the lad a chance.
Key phrase: "Any time soon"

It's funny I was thinking the same – well along those lines watching Kane line-up Sunday. It seems amazing how quickly he has gone from a kid trying to break into the team to our experienced talisman. I thought he looked mature and confident lining up and physically he has really developed well. Personally I didn't really see it coming, he looked keen but was worried about another Barnard... I remember watching Bale having that poor run of games, the media on his back saying we've not won with him in the team for XX games. For me Janssen already looks decent but i'm on edge when I see him play as i'm worried he will miss and people will get on his back. He may have missed a few half chances but he puts in a shift and deserves to hear his name cheered not jeered. For me Lamella has bags of skill but do you know what makes me the happiest? It's the way he works – can't ask anymore than that, if you put in a shift and work for the team leaving nothing in the tank well that's good enough for me.

I am afraid it's skill in this league and not luck. One thing I do agree is yes...there has been lots of chances.

Only fair thing to do is to give him time to show that he has the skills for succeed in the PL. Seeing he does very well for Holland I'll expect him to do well for us too.

The easy thing is to write him off, let's wait it out a bit longer.

Being reported he has lost 20 mins of memory re last night's injury. Is there a rule that he cannot play for a set period. Seem to recall Lloris out for a couple of weeks when he had head injury a couple of years ago even though he played the next match where the club was heavily criticised.

Dunno how long the set period would be, but it sounds about right that he wouldn't be able to play for a bit.
Another fucking injury though , just what we need.

VJ is signigicantly better than Kane was, when he started out for us, let alone went he was on his loan spells.

No reason he can't improve. Even if he just turns out to be 85% the player Kane has become, it will still be good.

I am shocked how people are treating him and Sissoko, when you compared to the blind faith in Lamela

As long as he doesn't forget where the goal is... oh, no hang on... :pochsmirk:
...maybe it's a blessing in disguise!

Hope he is ok.

Mignolet is a twat.

I'm happy to give him time. Hard league to come into. A lot of pressure with Kane injured. Hope everyone gets behind him!

Who remembers Bale, Lamela in their first seasons....

It's funny I was thinking the same – well along those lines watching Kane line-up Sunday. It seems amazing how quickly he has gone from a kid trying to break into the team to our experienced talisman. I thought he looked mature and confident lining up and physically he has really developed well. Personally I didn't really see it coming, he looked keen but was worried about another Barnard... I remember watching Bale having that poor run of games, the media on his back saying we've not won with him in the team for XX games. For me Janssen already looks decent but i'm on edge when I see him play as i'm worried he will miss and people will get on his back. He may have missed a few half chances but he puts in a shift and deserves to hear his name cheered not jeered. For me Lamella has bags of skill but do you know what makes me the happiest? It's the way he works – can't ask anymore than that, if you put in a shift and work for the team leaving nothing in the tank well that's good enough for me.
I always thought Bale was something special even with that run of games. But Kane I would never have predicted in a million years. I remember saying he'll be lucky to end up playing in the Championship after his first few performances.

I think that the crowd has been good to Janssen so far to be fair. There looks to be a good player in there, let's hope it all falls into place.

Agree about Lamela. Exceptional workrate and commitment, great to see.

Back
Top Bottom