Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You've hated him since the day he signed - can dig up your posts in the transfer thread

Some of us want him to suceed - give it a rest, please
I would have prefered we signed another striker and thought he would be a flop. That is correct so whats the need of digging up posts? i'm fully aware of this.

I wont give it a rest though until he performs well. If he continues to be annonymous i will continue to call him out (without being abusive like most do with Sissoko). Yesterday he was annonymous again and gave away a silly pen. He went off and we scored 2 goals.

If he does well i will also be happy to praise his performances.

Who is the better buy?

Vincent at £17 million or Sissoko at £33?

As a Spurs fan I hope they both come good

Stating the obvious I know but you'd sometimes wonder on here

:pochrolleyes:

...Kane's backup.
COYS
This.....I like Janssen but he is not one of the fantastic four to build for the next 5 years. Players under the age of 25 that will be the core nucleus of the team are Kane, Lamela, Ali, Winks, Son and Dier. These six should not be tampered with for the next 5 years and we should be fine. Sadly Janssen is a luxury and not a necessity from what we observed in the last 4 months.

Happy to see majority of ours backing VJ to come good. Shows he has less pressure from the fans until he is ready to put his shift. Sissokko on the other side seems one trick pony on this, he seems a guy who gives up easily if things dont go his way.
And as far as penalty he conceded seems like more of a mistake from Verts losing Reid and janssen instinctively reacting to stop him which is a good thing. My only concern is Janssen is trying too much to bully the defenders rather than making himself available in the channels for Eriksen to pass which in turn makes Eriksen look like shit.

This is a guy who didn't score in his first 8 games at AZ, then scored 20 league goals in the second half of the season - clearly he knows how to hit the back of the net so give him a full season before any judgement is made.

Also, Kane didn't have any pace when he got in the first team under Sherwood - Poch's hard training and gym work has turned him into the machine he is now. Surely VJ can work on this part of his game too.

Yesterday he was annonymous again and gave away a silly pen. He went off and we scored 2 goals.
He assisted the equaliser - how can you ignore that?

Kane was dog shit beginning of last season - then went on to win the golden boot.

I really don't understand this instant gratification mentality

He assisted the equaliser - how can you ignore that?

Kane was dog shit beginning of last season - then went on to win the golden boot.

I really don't understand this instant gratification mentality
This is a good post and i agree with your "instant gratification" point in general. i just feel its blatantly obvious his attributes and style of play does not suit us but we shall see.

Happy to see majority of ours backing VJ to come good. Shows he has less pressure from the fans until he is ready to put his shift. Sissokko on the other side seems one trick pony on this, he seems a guy who gives up easily if things dont go his way.
And as far as penalty he conceded seems like more of a mistake from Verts losing Reid and janssen instinctively reacting to stop him which is a good thing. My only concern is Janssen is trying too much to bully the defenders rather than making himself available in the channels for Eriksen to pass which in turn makes Eriksen look like shit.
How can you defend Jansen and lay into sisoko - they have been as average as each other. We have to ignore the cash paid for these guys. Lamela must have taught us to have patience.

How can you defend Jansen and lay into sisoko - they have been as average as each other. We have to ignore the cash paid for these guys. Lamela must have taught us to have patience.
I dont hold any grudge over Sissokko, just pointing out am yet to see Sissokko giving his all for the team throughout his career, except for the Euro Final. I agree patitence is the key and also accept that he shouldnt be written off without proper chance, but the guy is 27 and Lamela 22 when bought. But its a different topic altogether and I seriously hope Sissokko comes good and prove doubters wrong. My opinion is us fans are ready to be more patient on player if he is ready to give his all

I would have prefered we signed another striker and thought he would be a flop. That is correct so whats the need of digging up posts? i'm fully aware of this.

I wont give it a rest though until he performs well. If he continues to be annonymous i will continue to call him out (without being abusive like most do with Sissoko). Yesterday he was annonymous again and gave away a silly pen. He went off and we scored 2 goals.

If he does well i will also be happy to praise his performances.

We looked more of an attacking threat once Ali and Son came on, so us scoring 2 goals when he came of is more down to Pochs changes, not the fact Vince wasn't playing.
why can't we just get behind him and give him a bit of time?

Granted sissoko deserves time to train under Poch, but he has experience of playing in the PL, and at 27 is older, so I just expect more from him then I have seen so far, but as long as he is wearing our shirt and Poch trusts in him he deserves the time to prove himself.

If it's right that Sissoko's on 95 grand a week and with his 30 mil price tag, PL experience and age the last thing I've got is patience with him, unlike Vinnie , he should be hitting the fucking ground running, what's his excuse this time ?

Back
Top Bottom