Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He assisted the equaliser - how can you ignore that?

Kane was dog shit beginning of last season - then went on to win the golden boot.

I really don't understand this instant gratification mentality
I agree. His shot that the keeper parried was a belter. He also came very close twice to scoring a winner v LCFC, one a very good free kick and the other a neat turn and shot.

For me the real problem was selecting so few creative players against a crap WH team who leak goals for fun. They didn't have too much difficulty with frustrating us on a small pitch. Apart from that Dier header to make it 2-1, we hardly ever threatened their goal.

I have the weirdest feeling that not only will Janssen & Sissoko start tomorrow night... but that it could be their night!

A goal apiece, and they assist the other one with their goal.
2-0. Done. two new heroes to add to the Spurs Hall of Fame!!

....dammit, 12.37, I've missed my midday medication...
NURRRRRRRRSE... NUR-UURRRRSE!!!!

How can you defend Jansen and lay into sisoko - they have been as average as each other. We have to ignore the cash paid for these guys. Lamela must have taught us to have patience.

There are lots of examples of players needing time to come good. But why is Lamela one? With his price tag and our expectations, he's still far from where he should be. He's been good in some games, and even for limited periods of time, but all in all he's far from a key player for us.

In 3.33 seasons for us he has started 62 games and came on as a sub in 23 in the Premier League, pretty much always in a relatively free AMR role. He has scored 8 goals and had 18 assists. I think people are mostly appreciating his defensive effort, all the needless free kicks he gives away and the 17 yellow cards he has collected.

People have been patient. He has repaid that patience by looking arrogant in the early parts of this season, and playing like he did in the early parts of his career again.

If it's right that Sissoko's on 95 grand a week and with his 30 mil price tag, PL experience and age the last thing I've got is patience with him, unlike Vinnie , he should be hitting the fucking ground running, what's his excuse this time ?
Yeh the numbers are ridiculous but he's not had a pre season and regardless of his experience, he's with a new team, system, manager etc - it takes time. If he's still shit by the end of the season then I'll be as pissed as you.

I had high hopes for this guy but he disappoints me greatly atm. We need a striker with pace dammit.
For once I may have got it wrong.

How can you defend Jansen and lay into sisoko - they have been as average as each other. We have to ignore the cash paid for these guys. Lamela must have taught us to have patience.
Difference for me is this is Sissoko's 5th season in the Prem and his 11th in the top flight.

Granted, he needs time, but he's displaying the exact form he had the whole of last season, which is why many (including me) were against his signing.

I'll give him the season, but I don't hold out hope.

Bale
Kane
Lamela
Rose
Walker

just a few players that were written off as dogshite in recent times.
The last 4 now being called integral parts of the team and one of them judged one of the top 3 players in the world.

Back
Top Bottom