January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is interesting to see that of the 4 Summer signings, only Wanyama has made a real impact...

TBH, I think GKN was always gonna be brought in to improve the overall squad, and not necessarily a 1st team player.
Likewise Janssen, whose main remit must've been; "Take the burden off Kane, and fill in when he's injured!" ...but he hasn't really been able to do that, and as such, we've probably tweaked the system away from 2 up front (as I believe we were playing earlier in the season with them both) to one main Striker, and one just off (Dele/Son)

Sissoko is probably the biggest early-season disappointment, but it's early days, he's clea;y got something about him, and has definitely shown shoots of recovery...

Any January signings are either gonna have to hit the ground running (tough ask) or be patient and gradually be eased into the team (as is Poch's preference I think!)
Wanyama has played the most mins in the PL out of all midlfilders this season - read that somewhere recently - could be hollox

Good little player, will wish him well if he moves on. The quality needed at Spurs is at a high level these days, he tried to break through at his favourite club.

Another one of Kane's mates beats the dust, with Mason and Townsend already gone, Carroll was the last companion of that group of players that came through together.

Love this video!

He was described as Tim Sherwood as the next Xavi or something ? . I don't know why he never cut it. It is a shame. I always thought if tommy carroll bulked up he would have more presence but it wasn't to be.

I still think we need more creative flair in midfield though . Dembele, Dier, Wanyama are all defensively minded players. Ok except Dembele but he is better at possession and dribbling than distribution .

He was described as Tim Sherwood as the next Xavi or something ? . I don't know why he never cut it. It is a shame. I always thought if tommy carroll bulked up he would have more presence but it wasn't to be.

I still think we need more creative flair in midfield though . Dembele, Dier, Wanyama are all defensively minded players. Ok except Dembele but he is better at possession and dribbling than distribution .

Winks

£20,000,000 is a lot of money for someone like Davies to be honest. Especially with Walker-Peters waiting in the wings.

Back
Top Bottom