January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And if he doesnt score shit loads by May, then its back to square one.

What do we do then? Stick with him and give him time? That doesnt seem to be an option for Vinny, so why for anyone else? We are happy to build, so then lets build.

Our expectations have sky rocketed. People talking about finishing 13th at the beginning of December demanding signings so we can win the league.

I didn't mean us necessarily, but you never know what some of these lads are capable of

That young Dembele up in Scotland must have something weird showing up when they x-ray him.

We turned him down after the medical, and today he was in London for a knee scan which had nothing to do with Chelsea. Sure..

Do you honestly think if we had signed anyone last Jan it would have made a difference where we finished?
i don't think it would have changed a thing, being as we were very lucky with injuries, besides if the rumours are true Lamela is back in training, when he is fit he will be like a new signing!
Spot on. I've already factually eviscerated this argument in the United thread in December...but fuck it, I'll post it again...

Not only that, but Leicester's League record from February 1st...

15 games played
10 Wins
4 Draws
1 Loss

That's a total of 11 dropped points from the end of the January transfer window. We finished 11 points behind Leicester. That means we would have needed to win EVERY game just to have a shot at a goal difference win.

The reason they can't think of a player that would have pushed us to the title, is because that player doesn't exist. We could have signed Lionel fucking Messi and we still wouldn't have won.

These are the facts the melters don't look into. They just pipe off their ill-informed, ill-researched opinions like ''If the club had taken our motto at face value, just for once, I doubt we would have gone on to somehow to finish 3rd'' and think that they are somehow the people with their finger on the pulse of what this club should have done to win the League last year. Dropping a quote from Bill Nick as if that would have somehow got us the title. It wouldn't have, nothing would have.

Leicester won the League, and nothing we could have done, no player bought, would have changed that.

took advantage of some cheeky transfer bets.

Put £1 or so on each

Ulloa to stay at Leicester 1/2
Jay Rod to stay at Soton 1/4
Townsend to Newcastle 11/4
Kone to stay at Everton 6/1

I have a well know sauce that spotted leandro damiao at Heathrow, it's still a bit of back and forth. Daniel levy seen in the back of a black cab speaking feverishly on a nokia 3310 .
Please tell me he checked the ink levels in the fax machine.

9unfFH5.gif

Back
Top Bottom