Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Enjoying ourselves with them losing to Watford is one thing. Saying a different way of "mind the gap" with a point difference on January 31st is straight up dumb.
SoCal giving us a tutorial on how we need to react as Spurs supporters. Good stuff my man. I'll enjoy the table. You do as you plz.

You've got to learn to finish 2nd before you learn to win. We didn't learn that lesson last season. I hope we learn it this. When we have fans who give up on the league in January, in 2nd, don't expect the players to give a shit.

We all saw how much they cared about 2nd last season. They need to prove to themselves that they are serious.

The players are professionals, us supporters are amateurs, but last season away to Newcastle when it counted in one game it looked the other way round.
I'm reading nothing into this one game, but it was disappointing, enough said for me.

Not aimed at you Joe, but the endless never see anything but a great result and performance no matter what has happened on here gets on my tits a bit, whatever happened to discussion ?

I know, I should support Celtic/ Barca etc etc :mong:

they'd still drop 9 points before the end of the year.

9 points is only relevant if we win every single game from now until the end of the season though.

Do you think we'll win our next 16 games?

If not you need to add on multiple points for every loss or draw and once you do that it becomes a very dire situation where we're depending on a team that's 15th to beat the league leaders.

I'm sorry I aspire for my team to win titles while the rest of you are content to finish 2nd. Remember the celebrations we had at the end of the season as we graciously finished 3rd? We all cheered and was really happy, right? It will be forever remembered.

No one gives a shit if we finish 2nd or third. The game is about glory, no?

Too many people content with second best. Sort of people who would lose in a cup final and be happy we at least made it that far.

It was a poor game and the death of our title hopes. You can punch on other Spurs fans all you like, but it won't change that, it's just a reflection of your frustration with the team lol.
Well maybe we should have fucked every other up completion off then. We haven't got a good enough squad.
I also suppose Man U, Woolwich, City and Liverpool,fans want the same too and realistically they should be in with a much better chance.
Death of our title hopes ffs. You said yourself Chelase won't lose or draw more games, so what's the difference between being 7 behind them to the 9 we are now?

9 points is only relevant if we win every single game from now until the end of the season though.

Do you think we'll win our next 16 games?

If not you need to add on multiple points for every loss or draw and once you do that it becomes a very dire situation where we're depending on a team that's 15th to beat the league leaders.
Way to ignore the rest of my fucking post.

Well maybe we should have fucked every other up completion off then. We haven't got a good enough squad.
I also suppose Man U, Woolwich, City and Liverpool,fans want the same too and realistically they should be in with a much better chance.
Death of our title hopes ffs. You said yourself Chelase won't lose or draw more games, so what's the difference between being 7 behind them to the 9 we are now?

7 point gap can quickly be cut down, 1 loss and it's down to 4 and pressure mounts.

If they lose and have a 6 point lead, there's no pressure. Those 2 points are huge.

We need to put this in to perspective, this is not a season where the league is realistic, it's a 'possible' not a probable. We have a great squad that is moving on from the losing the odd game stupidly to drawing the odd game stupidly. Top 4 is still a bloody massive achievement when you consider how much the teams around us have strengthened and the depth of squads they boast.

It's easy to take for granted the mass of choices City, Chelsea and Man United have in their squads, and right now only one of those are above us past the half way point of the season. It does feel a little bit crazy to bemoan the fact we're not closer to the top team, this is not last season, the top 6 teams have stepped it up a notch.

Last 3 games have bought up some problems, we didn't play well against Man City and got a draw, we didn't look great against Wycombe and needed a 97th minute winner and today we we're contained by a Sunderland side who, coming in to the game were on a poor run. It's not wrong for us to expect better and I think the game was pretty dull and we needed to ask a lot more questions of Sunderland. But it's not exactly a surprise, the home game was a 1-0 and we made heavy weather of that too. Moyes likes to park the bus and it can be fucking frustrating to find a way around it.

Tonight also was just not right for Son, there are some games where he does something magical, his first touch was working against him too often and some of our set pieces were just unproductive.

There will be a lot more games where we will unlock the opposition and hopefully Boro will be one of those teams we do it against on Saturday.

Also, though some will rightly point out the high number of draws, just remember not all of them are 2 points lost!

Way to ignore the rest of my fucking post.

Thought the rest of it was ridiculous is why. 2 points a game?

They've averaged 2.4 points a game so far. They have 16 games left.

2.4 x 16 = 38 points out of a possible 48 = 10 points dropped = we have to win every single game of the season

2.0 x 16 = 32 points of a possible 48 = 16 points dropped = we have to win every game but we're allowed 2 losses or 3 draws.

I don't see either situation possible.

They need less than 2 points a game.

We need Chelsea to drop 9 points and not drop any ourselves, not gonna happen. I said from the beginning of the season that top 4 would be great. The coming transfer windows we need better footballers in attack, not rugby players like Sissoko

The players are professionals, us supporters are amateurs, but last season away to Newcastle when it counted in one game it looked the other way round.
I'm reading nothing into this one game, but it was disappointing, enough said for me.

Not aimed at you Joe, but the endless never see anything but a great result and performance no matter what has happened on here gets on my tits a bit, whatever happened to discussion ?

Well City gave us a lesson and it was funny on here. We knew we'd got out of jail. We were crap, but I can't recall too much moaning about our performance. Everyone's frustrated that we didn't make tonight count against a car crash of a team that we'd beat 9 times out of 10. We missed a big opportunity tonight.

The reality is the chances of us winning the FA cup or Europa are far, far, far higher than winning the league at this stage.

Sometimes football is about knowing when you're beat and leaving with a trophy anyway, rather than trying to juggle and losing everything.

I'd take 3rd-4th and a European run over 2nd and out in the next round.

The thing that bugs me most about all this is that Mane would probably have us 1st in the league.

Instead we bought Sissoko. Yay.

I don't expect you to know, I expect you to have the balls to make a guess.

What fixtures will Chelsea drop points in, do you think?

You really are a moany little bitch,,,, all your doing is guessing....
how does it take balls to guess?
What does it matter if I guess or not...... your a fucking reptile mate! Go do one!

Back
Top Bottom