Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Catastrophe

:dembelewtf:

Losing to Newcastle by that margin was not a catastrophe? Finishing behind Woolwich when at one point we had a big gap, if I remember something like 9 points is not a catastrophe?

Poch saying he wanted to kill the players and he felt sorry for the fans was not a catastrophe?

The end of our season could not have ended worse. That is a catastrophe.

I honestly think that we do have a great opportunity this season: Man Utd and Man City are in transition; so too Chavs but they've been lucky with results and some dreadful performances against them; Woolwich and Liverpool both have significant, material weaknesses in their teams. If our club really believes it and works damn hard to achieve it, I do think we are contenders for the title. I also think the competition is only going to get more difficult in subsequent campaigns. COYS.

We need Chelsea to drop 9 points and not drop any ourselves, not gonna happen. I said from the beginning of the season that top 4 would be great. The coming transfer windows we need better footballers in attack, not rugby players like Sissoko

Someone should show the chinese some tapes from the Euros, so we can get some of our money back.

Poch was disappointed but I cannot believe Sky's markings of the players. Vorm and Rose a 5. no way
Player ratings

Sunderland: Mannone (8), Jones (6), Kone (7), O'Shea (7), Manquillo (6), Denayer (6), Rodwell (6), Ndong (7), Larsson (6), Defoe (7), Borini (6).

Subs used: Honeyman (6).

Tottenham: Vorm (5), Walker (7), Alderweireld (7), Dier (6), Rose (5), Dembele (7), Wanyama (6), Eriksen (6), Alli (6), Son (7), Kane (6).

Subs used: Janssen (n/a), Sissoko (6), Davies (6).

Poch was disappointed but cannot believe Sky's markings of the players. Vorm and Rose a 5. no way
Player ratings

Sunderland: Mannone (8), Jones (6), Kone (7), O'Shea (7), Manquillo (6), Denayer (6), Rodwell (6), Ndong (7), Larsson (6), Defoe (7), Borini (6).

Subs used: Honeyman (6).

Tottenham: Vorm (5), Walker (7), Alderweireld (7), Dier (6), Rose (5), Dembele (7), Wanyama (6), Eriksen (6), Alli (6), Son (7), Kane (6).

Subs used: Janssen (n/a), Sissoko (6), Davies (6).
No way Son a 7. Definitely spurs most active player and mostly likely to score but never put one of his chances together in a clean fashion. Tough day for him for sure.

Losing to Newcastle by that margin was not a catastrophe? Finishing behind Woolwich when at one point we had a big gap, if I remember something like 9 points is not a catastrophe?

Poch saying he wanted to kill the players and he felt sorry for the fans was not a catastrophe?

The end of our season could not have ended worse. That is a catastrophe.
Last season was not a catastrophe. I'm not going to get into squabble about it either. So I'll just bounce.

No way a team as Spurs can gain 9 points in 15 games, but a single player would have gotten us an extra 10 points in 23 games.

Your logic is at an infant's level

3 goals and he gives us 9 points.

We've got the most draws in the entire league. If he scored 3 goals at crucial times we'd be 6 points better off, no problem.

It would be very, very easy for Mane to add 6-9 points to our team.

I mean Sunderland now: they're utter gash; I'm comparing them to Villa last season. Even Poch has just come out, said we were poor and that he's disappointed. No need to pretend that we should be happy clappers tonight. It's clearly a bad result. Not the end of the world or the end of our ambitions this season at all - with our quality they should still remain high - but it's still a bad, disappointing result.
Saying it's a bad result, which it is, is different from saying it's definitive of our squads mentality which it isn't. Ones realistic the other is melty. That's what I'm referring to.

Chelsea have drawn 2 games out of 22.

You can wank yourselfs off all you like over the thought of Chelsea drawing 3-4 games, but it isn't going to happen. Statistically they'll draw 1 more, maybe 2. But that won't be enough to win the league.
I think chelsea will drop enough pt's.
But we won't win enough games to capitalise on it.
Top 4 still on & still in 2 cups. Plenty to play for!

3 goals and he gives us 9 points.

We've got the most draws in the entire league. If he scored 3 goals at crucial times we'd be 6 points better off, no problem.

It would be very, very easy for Mane to add 6-9 points to our team.

Right, right.. We have Kane and Dele who have both scored more than him, and Son who have scored just 2 less in 600 minutes less. But no, Mané would have given us an extra 10(!) points.

Saying it's a bad result, which it is, is different from saying it's definitive of our squads mentality which it isn't. Ones realistic the other is melty. That's what I'm referring to.
Again, Poch often talks about the mentality and the need for us to get it right more consistently. I'm not melting. You're just a bit weak-minded, I guess.

:pochserious2:

I think chelsea will drop enough pt's.
But we won't win enough games to capitalise on it.
Top 4 still on & still in 2 cups. Plenty to play for!

Europa league is very winnable if we take it seriously tbh. 9 games to win it.

FA Cup is also very winnable, we can beat any team on our day and this would be a fantastic learning experience for our squad. 4 games to win it?

I'm genuinely of the belief that until we win a trophy I don't think we can push on for the league. The experience simply isn't there.

Back
Top Bottom