Spurs Vs. Stoke (Home) - Kick off Sunday 1:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whether people like it or not or want to accept it or not the variety of goals and goal scorers in our team has dropped.

2015-16
Kane - 28
Lamela - 11
Dele - 10
Eriksen - 8
Son - 8
Chadli - 7
Toby - 4
Dier - 4
Dembele - 4
Carrol - 3

Total top 10 = 87

2016-17
Kane - 19
Dele - 13
Son - 11
Eriksen - 8
Janssen - 4
Wanyama - 3
Rose - 2
Lamela - 2
Winks - 1
Davies - 1

Total top 10 = 64

The fact Janssen is in our top 5 scorers, followed by Wanyama, says everything imo. Toby has 1 vs 4, Dier has 0 vs 4, Dembele has 0 vs 4. Far less variety in our goals than last year and Kane scoring a hat trick and Dele chipping in today doesn't change that.

Happy with the result, but we need more goal scorers in our team. Some teams will triple or double mark Kane and Alli out of games and at that point we don't tend to score at all.

Yet we are 2nd with the 2nd best goal difference......

Whether people like it or not or want to accept it or not the variety of goals and goal scorers in our team has dropped.

2015-16
Kane - 28
Lamela - 11
Dele - 10
Eriksen - 8
Son - 8
Chadli - 7
Toby - 4
Dier - 4
Dembele - 4
Carrol - 3

Total top 10 = 87

2016-17
Kane - 19
Dele - 13
Son - 11
Eriksen - 8
Janssen - 4
Wanyama - 3
Rose - 2
Lamela - 2
Winks - 1
Davies - 1

Total top 10 = 64

The fact Janssen is in our top 5 scorers, followed by Wanyama, says everything imo. Toby has 1 vs 4, Dier has 0 vs 4, Dembele has 0 vs 4. Far less variety in our goals than last year and Kane scoring a hat trick and Dele chipping in today doesn't change that.

Happy with the result, but we need more goal scorers in our team. Some teams will triple or double mark Kane and Alli out of games and at that point we don't tend to score at all.
If we are smashing teams 4-0, do you really give a fuck whether Lloris chips in with the odd goal? Every silver lining seems to have a fucking cloud for some.

Yet we are 2nd with the 2nd best goal difference......

I've not argued we're not.

My point is simple

We're the 5th top scorers in the league.

Last season we were the 2nd top scorers in the league, missing top spot by 2 goals.

I'd just prefer us to be less reliant on two players. I agree and understand you will always be reliant on 2-3 "special" players, but not to the degree we are when Kane not scoring results in a loss most of the time.

2015-16
Kane - 28
Lamela - 11
Dele - 10
Eriksen - 8
Son - 8
Chadli - 7
Toby - 4
Dier - 4
Dembele - 4
Carrol - 3

Total top 10 = 87

2016-17
Kane - 19
Dele - 13
Son - 11
Eriksen - 8
Janssen - 4
Wanyama - 3
Rose - 2
Lamela - 2
Winks - 1
Davies - 1

Total top 10 = 64

Good heavens only 87 goals last season and none in the second half today ! they need to sort it out !

My point is simple

Last season we were the 2nd top scorers in the league, missing top spot by 2 goals.

I'd just prefer us to be less reliant on two players. I agree and understand you will always be reliant on 2-3 "special" players, but not to the degree we are when Kane not scoring results in a loss most of the time.

And I would perfer us to be 10 points clear of 2nd place, still be in the CL, and also to have been playing the saints at Wembley instead this afternoon.....

My point is simple

Come off it Jay. We won handsomely. And you're still finding something to moan about. Go get laid. I am. And I'm nearly 48 years old.

If we are smashing teams 4-0, do you really give a fuck whether Lloris chips in with the odd goal? Every silver lining seems to have a fucking cloud for some.

You're missing the point massively.

Teams will look at us, look at how to beat us and see we only have 2 players who score and simply mark them out of it. We need more goal threats so that space is created - you can't double or triple mark 3 players, but you can 2.

Next season another goal scorer whether AM or ST is essential.

For now I guess Poch will stick with what works and not play our 3rd top goal scorer - a mistake imo, but each to their own.

You're missing the point massively.

Teams will look at us, look at how to beat us and see we only have 2 players who score and simply mark them out of it. We need more goal threats so that space is created - you can't double or triple mark 3 players, but you can 2.

Next season another goal scorer whether AM or ST is essential.

For now I guess Poch will stick with what works and not play our 3rd top goal scorer - a mistake imo, but each to their own.

I'm sure that's what every team tries to do? mark the top scorers?
:kanehand:

"Tottenham's Dele Alli: "It has been a difficult week for me. I felt horrible after the game in the week. I'm delighted to respond like this today. Harry Kane is a fantastic player, it's great to have someone like that in our team. All the credit to him for my goal."

Fair play for him to mention that when being interviewed. Could have simply pretended it never happened. Hopefully motivates him for the end of the season

2015-16
Kane - 28
Lamela - 11
Dele - 10
Eriksen - 8
Son - 8
Chadli - 7
Toby - 4
Dier - 4
Dembele - 4
Carrol - 3

Total top 10 = 87

2016-17
Kane - 19
Dele - 13
Son - 11
Eriksen - 8
Janssen - 4
Wanyama - 3
Rose - 2
Lamela - 2
Winks - 1
Davies - 1

Total top 10 = 64

Lol are you seriously comparing a whole season against 66% of a season and musing over why one is bigger than the other.

:dembele:

2015-16
Kane - 28
Lamela - 11
Dele - 10
Eriksen - 8
Son - 8
Chadli - 7
Toby - 4
Dier - 4
Dembele - 4
Carrol - 3

Total top 10 = 87

2016-17
Kane - 19
Dele - 13
Son - 11
Eriksen - 8
Janssen - 4
Wanyama - 3
Rose - 2
Lamela - 2
Winks - 1
Davies - 1

Total top 10 = 64

am-i-bothered.jpg

2015-16
Kane - 28
Lamela - 11
Dele - 10
Eriksen - 8
Son - 8
Chadli - 7
Toby - 4
Dier - 4
Dembele - 4
Carrol - 3

Total top 10 = 87

2016-17
Kane - 19
Dele - 13
Son - 11
Eriksen - 8
Janssen - 4
Wanyama - 3
Rose - 2
Lamela - 2
Winks - 1
Davies - 1

Total top 10 = 64

That wasn't the point you made originally, nor the one I responded to.

Back
Top Bottom