The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We may as well give Sissoko some time off to go house hunting in South London. He knows he won't be here next season and he's lost Poch's confidence, and that's reflecting in his performances. A swap with Zaha seems likely to me.
Absolutely no way Palace would accept Sissoko for Zaha.

They would probably rather just give us Zaha.

Anyone remember in the 80s during a dull game people singing "We've lost that double feeling, bring back that double feeling"

Be a nice song to resurrect, maybe with a more positive slight.

Jesus, the double, I'd go off in my trolleys like the 5th of November

Not easy at 55 youngsters

I always believe its possible as long as its possible. I thought as each week past, it was getting harder. Today has given us some hope . Wednesday is another gane, another possible. Cunte has not experienced PL end of season when lesser teams seem to try harder. Chavs have been scrapping results, lets hope thier luck has gone.

I think that's a good point actually, about it being a new situation for Conte, but also for his team this season. Don't forget we have not lost to a shit team this season, Chelsea have. Which means that it isn't just the City and Utd games that they may drop points in. Every team they play will feel they could take points. Even at Stanford Bridge. I don't think many teams think that when they play us, certainly not at WHL.

Irrelevant unless we get more than Chavs, 11 more, I guess.

Not irrelevant at all. It's a good thing worth mentioning. I for one enjoy our newly found 'contender' status. I'm not going to start bitching and moaning like some people here over every missed chance, less than perfect pass or wrong step. I'm enjoying that we've won more points than any other team in the PL in 2017. Wouldn't surprise me if we've got more points since the start of last season than anyone else actually, but finding out is too much of a bother.

Love Poch - "why not?" :pochsmirk:

God I love him.

As per Wanyamas knock early on on his back, anyone see that? I'm watching again (see fullmatchsports.com/full-match-highlights-burnley-vs-tottenham-epl-2016-17/?tab=first-half, not linking properly to keep the site going longer), haven't seen anything 8 mins in...

Chasing the double with lengthy injuries or suspensions at some point this season to Dembele, Kane, Lamela, Walker, Rose, Toby, Jan and today Wanyama and Winks go off.

Injury free next season and we will absolutely piss the title

All we can do is keep the pressure on and hope something gives. We can always dream.

Frustratingly or helpfully the game between City and that red lot is important for us.

We actually need a City win to give them confidence but of course that puts us under a bit of pressure.

If and that is a big IF results go our way then this could yet be the Premier League we hoped for.

I still 100% maintain Chelsea are not as good as 7 points suggests.

That's not what you originally said though is it?

Does "signing" Insinuate that you are saying "relative to cost."

I'm not defending him, just saying that hes not the worst player I've ever seen play for us. He's had very little consistent playing time, and looked rusty as fuck today.

I did feel a little bit sorry for him, gets subbed on into the middle two, plays for two mins and then comes out the second half out wide again.
That's exactly what I said. I didn't say worst player to pull on a Spurs shirt I said worst signing we've ever made.

And has been calamitously bad. His touch is terrible and almost everything he does is wrong. The champions league performance was one of if not the worst performance I've EVER seen in a Spurs shirt.

Newcastle pissed themselves laughing when we signed him and it's painfully clear why.

You felt sorry for him today? He had to filling for a measly 2 minutes at the end of the first half in CM and then slotted into the position he's played every other time he's played for the whole second half. He doesn't even do the very basics right. It's appalling.

I like to back players and be optimistic but he makes me so bloody angry.

Back
Top Bottom