Spurs vs Watford: Sat 8th April 12.30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

C8rZWCKXgAAEpV5.jpg

Still haven't given up hope. We have a far easier fixture list than Chelsea.

Just noticed when we play at home they play away..... and vice versa....:carrollwtf:
if they take full points in the next 2 games I think it's 2 hands on the cup for them, but I reckon Bournemouth will pick up at least a point today, and then there away to united......:pochserious2:
Any way let's just concentrate on our games and keep winning, but it will be nice if we can do our bit and keep putting a bit of pressure on them, and enjoy the fucking ride! This is the best I have ever had it being a yid, (in me early 30's) and regardless if this is our year or not I think success in the form of trophies is on the horizon!
COYS!
:tobyarm:

If Kane is fit and ready to go he has to start don't want another match where were struggling to breakdown a team with 11 men behind the ball for 85 mins .if we're 2-3 up by around 60mins get him of and get son or Janssen on .i see us blowing Watford away 4-0 .COYS

I agree we get him off but if say we are 4-0 up and Kane has scored both, how can we sub him on a hat trick with half hour left?
:sonpoint:

I don't think our fixtures is far easier tbh.
I disagree. I think the difficulty of the away fixtures is what's key.

They have to play Manchester United, West Brom, Everton & Bournemouth away from home which are all games they could easily drop points in. I think only playing West Ham, Hull, Palace & Leicester away is a much easier set of fixtures.

They have to play Manchester United, West Brom, Everton & Bournemouth away from home which are all games they could easily drop points in. I think only playing West Ham, Hull, Palace & Leicester away is a much easier set of fixtures.

Leicester and Palace aren't easy anymore, though we should be beating both. Hull are still far from safe and if they still have a chance when that game comes about they'll be up for it. Saying that, the league could be well and truly over come the final day anyway and West Ham are always up for their cup final.

The next two league games will either see us have a glimmer of hope or will hand Chelsea the title. We can go 4 points behind today. That's pressure on Chelsea heading into the late kick off.

Leicester and Palace aren't easy anymore, though we should be beating both. Hull are still far from safe and if they still have a chance when that game comes about they'll be up for it. Saying that, the league could be well and truly over come the final day anyway and West Ham are always up for their cup final.

The next two league games will either see us have a glimmer of hope or will hand Chelsea the title. We can go 4 points behind today. That's pressure on Chelsea heading into the late kick off.
Yeah, let's be honest. Chelsea will almost certainly not lose two on the trot. I'm just not investing too much thought in the title race. If somehow it comes off then all well and good, but my main concern at the moment is finishing second, as that means great progress.

Last edited:

Bull. Two (maybe three) teams in a relagation fight. A resurgent Leicester. One relegation team that treats us as their main rivals and are desperate to always beat us. Plus, in between all of that, we have to face United and Scum in what will probably be the most "must win" NLD for both sides in a long, long time.

I really dislike the whole "easy fixture" narrative. I don't think our run in is remotely as easy as pundits and fans make out out to be.

I fully expect us to drop points in some of these games, even if we still finish second.

Bull. Two (maybe three) teams in a relagation fight. A resurgent Leicester. One relegation team that treats us as their main rivals and are desperate to always beat us. Plus, in between all of that, we have to face United and Scum in what will probably be the most "must win" NLD for both sides in a long, long time.

I really dislike the whole "easy fixture" narrative. I don't think our run in is remotely as easy as pundits and fans make out out to be.

I fully expect us to drop points in some of these games, even if we still finish second.
I fully expect Chelsea to drop points all to play for

I fully expect Chelsea to drop points all to play for

They will drop points.

So will we.

If you guaranteed me that we'd win all of our remaining fixtures then we'll win the league. But you can't guarantee me that and we wont.

They will drop points.

So will we.

If you guaranteed me that we'd win all of our remaining fixtures then we'll win the league. But you can't guarantee me that and we wont.
Strange statement I'm not guaranteeing anything, are you absolutely guaranteeing that Chelsea won't drop enough, maybe they will, maybe they won't. It's seven points in it not long ago we 13 fucking points behind now we need just two good results to go our way and we're bang in it. Nothing guaranteed but all to play for.

Lovely day again today... hope it's a nice evening too ;)

We seem to have a habit of playing well around this time of the season in recent years. Didn't we beat Chelski and the scum within a few weeks around this time under Harry? The title looks a pretty long shot realistically now, but if we were to pick up a couple of points on Chelski today who knows? I'm just loving that here we are in the race in April for the second season running, and looking stronger now than last year.

Strange statement I'm not guaranteeing anything, are you absolutely guaranteeing that Chelsea won't drop enough, maybe they will, maybe they won't. It's seven points in it not long ago we 13 fucking points behind now we need just two good results to go our way and we're bang in it. Nothing guaranteed but all to play for.

If they get passed the next two fixtures and they are still 7 points ahead, we aren't catching up. It just ISN'T happening. In fact, I'd say unless we are 3 or 2 points behind heading into gameweek 33+ - we aren't winning the league.

But top four will almost be guaranteed by that gameweek.

Your statement started with 'If' and that's the point I'm hoping the luck they had starts evening itself out, like they were lucky to beat Stoke (twice) but unlucky not to at least get a point against Palace. Bournemouth may just be another one of those days for them and Jose will be at his bus parking best at OT. Even if one of those results go our way and we win, it'll down to 4 points with 6 games to go. The pressure will be all on them. Of course this is all my positive conjecture (I really hope they lose all their remaining fixtures FA semi included)

C8rZWCKXgAAEpV5.jpg

Still haven't given up hope. We have a far easier fixture list than Chelsea.

Not sure about the far easier fixture list

Palace (A), Woolwich (H), West Ham (A), Man Utd (H), Leiecester (A)

Are all tougher than Man Utd (A), Everton (A), West Brom (A)

Especially not against Watford. Would be very stupid to risk him, especially with the cup semi coming up

If Kane is fit he's going to get some game time, because he's brilliant and because of his personality. But I would rather start him and take him off early than bring him on late as later in the game you'll get lazy challenges, particularly if we put several past them when you'll get frustration creeping in. Most important thing is not to risk injury as we need him for the SF.

Back
Top Bottom