Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's not many players that would be willing to learn and sit on the bench firmly behind Kane in the pecking order. Every year under Poch there has been a player people wanted to sell too quickly. First it was Lamela, then Son, now Janssen. Give him time - I would be shocked if a Poch/Levy sells him in the window.

There's not many players that would be willing to learn and sit on the bench firmly behind Kane in the pecking order. Every year under Poch there has been a player people wanted to sell too quickly. First it was Lamela, then Son, now Janssen. Give him time - I would be shocked if a Poch/Levy sells him in the window.
Two years from now the Big Vin will be a goal machine (provided Poch sticks around). I'm willing to put money on it.

The guy is young and will only improve by starting games, which he won't do here as he's already behind Kane and Son, and possibly someone else if we buy in the Summer. If we can get him a decent Premier League loan we should do that. Ask yourself, would any of the clubs we're competing with rely on him next season given what we've seen this one? 1 goal from a penalty all season? No chance.

The guy is young and will only improve by starting games, which he won't do here as he's already behind Kane and Son, and possibly someone else if we buy in the Summer. If we can get him a decent Premier League loan we should do that. Ask yourself, would any of the clubs we're competing with rely on him next season given what we've seen this one? 1 goal from a penalty all season? No chance.

Kane can't play every game it's as simple as that..... if we are in the CL next year, and get a couple of decent cup runs going we are going to need another striker, look how much trippier has improved under Poch and how many games has he started?
With Poch if you go out on loan it's with a view to sell, not to get expirence......

Kane can't play every game it's as simple as that..... if we are in the CL next year, and get a couple of decent cup runs going we are going to need another striker, look how much trippier has improved under Poch and how many games has he started?
With Poch if you go out on loan it's with a view to sell, not to get expirence......

But he's shown he's not good enough so why persist with him? He's not gonna get any more mobile or faster. Son's already ahead of him. If we buy Zaha, I'd expect Poch to prefer him up top ahead of Janssen. If you saw anything positive from him today then you're turning him into a charity case.

But he's shown he's not good enough so why persist with him? He's not gonna get any more mobile or faster. Son's already ahead of him. If we buy Zaha, I'd expect Poch to prefer him up top ahead of Janssen. If you saw anything positive from him today then you're turning him into a charity case.

It's nothing to do with being a charity case, tell me who you can get who will come in and be willing to warm the bench for Kane?
Plus when he came on against Swansea we were 1-0 down....
Wonder how that one ended? If there was ever such thing as assist of the season I'm sure Jansen would be in the running for his back hill to son......
he might not be scoring but when he is playing others seem to be knocking them on for fun......

I want Kane to be on bench for Bournemouth (I want him to start the FA Cup against Chelsea and so on from there) and come on if we are struggling to get goals.

I want to give Janss another chance. I know he doesn't score goals and he blew that one chance against Watford but he is good at holding the ball for players like Son and others. Plus, i think our attack flows well when he is on the field. Or is that just me?

I want Kane to be on bench for Bournemouth (I want him to start the FA Cup against Chelsea and so on from there) and come on if we are struggling to get goals.

I want to give Janss another chance. I know he doesn't score goals and he blew that one chance against Watford but he is good at holding the ball for players like Son and others. Plus, i think our attack flows well when he is on the field. Or is that just me?

Everything good came through him. Not saying anything about Kane, of course, but it's not a coincidence we didn't score more today after Vinny came off. He offers something slightly different that frees up others.

It's nothing to do with being a charity case, tell me who you can get who will come in and be willing to warm the bench for Kane?
Plus when he came on against Swansea we were 1-0 down....
Wonder how that one ended? If there was ever such thing as assist of the season I'm sure Jansen would be in the running for his back hill to son......
he might not be scoring but when he is playing others seem to be knocking them on for fun......

We've been scoring for fun without him quite happily. It's s similar situation as with Batshuyi at Chelsea. If a false 9, Pedro or Hazard in their case, Son or new signing in ours - is played ahead of the back up striker, then what's the point of them staying? Especially as they're both young. They could end up basically wasting two years of there careers.

Janss? :deledoubt:
I think the goals will come with him, he seems to be getting into the good posistions now, the goals will come I'm sure of it, but even if they don't he is allowing others to score and getting some "fire" assists as well.... I think people just need a player to slag off..... and big Vincent is an ideal scape goat.....

Did you watch the match or the highlights?

I watched it all. Janssen gave the ball away with his first 3 touches and gave away a dangerous free kick with his fourth. He missed a chance Kane would tucked away then did a Soldado on the goal line. Then his lack of mobility meant he couldn't get on the end of a cross. Did I miss anything?

We've been scoring for fun without him quite happily. It's s similar situation as with Batshuyi at Chelsea. If a false 9, Pedro or Hazard in their case, Son or new signing in ours - is played ahead of the back up striker, then what's the point of them staying? Especially as they're both young. They could end up basically wasting two years of there careers.

You could also say we have been scoring for fun since Kane has been injured..... is it 16 or 17 goals we have scored since he got injured..... doesn't mean we don't need Kane! As CJJ CJJ says above it's no coincidence we score 3 against Swansea and another 4 today when Vince was on the pitch..... and to be honest if a player is helping us score and win games then surely that's a good thing?

You could also say we have been scoring for fun since Kane has been injured..... is it 16 or 17 goals we have scored since he got injured..... doesn't mean we don't need Kane! As CJJ CJJ says above it's no coincidence we score 3 against Swansea and another 4 today when Vince was on the pitch..... and to be honest if a player is helping us score and win games then surely that's a good thing?

He did well for Son's winner but we've won the last 4 Kaneless games mainly down, in attacking terms, to Dele, Son and Eriksen. Even Sissoko does the odd good thing, that doesn't mean we should keep him though. We dropped points during Kane's first injury mainly down to Janssen not being good enough.

He did well for Son's winner but we've won the last 4 Kaneless games mainly down, in attacking terms, to Dele, Son and Eriksen. Even Sissoko does the odd good thing, that doesn't mean we should keep him though. We dropped points during Kane's first injury mainly down to Janssen not being good enough.
How is this troll still at large?

Back
Top Bottom