Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we're up against the 9 above us.
But the 20 or so below us dont seem to be under such constraints.
Come on Joe. Surely even you can see the absurdity in this. When the likes of Bournmouth, Huddersfield and just about every other PL team can attack the transfer market with their untold wealth, but Tottenham Hotspur, a champions league club, have to sell to buy, something ain't quite right mate

Bradley Lowery: Sunderland fan dies after long illness - BBC News

Bit of perspective, go out and enjoy your weekend guys, enjoy your friends and family

JD bust a gut all season both on and, reportedly, off the pitch for Bradley.

Meanwhile, Adam Johnson tries to weasle his way out of Pedo-prison, Moyes accepted relegation within 5 mins of taking the job, Lescott is probably taking his lego head on its next adventure of "turn up, get paid, no effort" etc. etc.

Young lad sees his "heroes" drop out of the league with complete disdain towards the club, and passes away shortly after having seen all that. Such a shame.

Meanwhile, people whinge about why we're not competing to make our club full of the same parasitic attitude that blighted Sunderland (JD aside).

I mean, fuck. If Bradley couldn't inspire a team of professionals to look like they gave a damn, what hope is there? No excuse for some of the so called "players" out there.

Come on Joe. Surely even you can see the absurdity in this. When the likes of Bournmouth, Huddersfield and just about every other PL team can attack the transfer market with their untold wealth, but Tottenham Hotspur, a champions league club, have to sell to buy, something ain't quite right mate

Step 1: Realise you're taking tabloid headline as verbatim

Come on Joe. Surely even you can see the absurdity in this. When the likes of Bournmouth, Huddersfield and just about every other PL team can attack the transfer market with their wealth, but Tottenham Hotspur have to sell to buy, something ain't quite right mate

What do you mean 'even me'? I used to be a critic of our transfer policy, but we're doing really well, and we're building a stadium. If we were pissing about in mid-table I'd be standing next to you with a pitchfork, but we are really good these days - I'm happy to be patient.

Last edited:
Some more of this shit, anyway

hertyid on COYS:

Lots of interesting stories around this week.

These things I know:

Bale is not coming back.

Walker is probably leaving.

We have someone in Northern Italy at the moment. Not sure who we are talking to.

Poch and Levy are very close.

Did somebody mention net spend?!

goatstare.gif

What do mean 'even me'? I used to be a critic of our transfer policy, but we're doing really well, and we're building a stadium. If we were pissing about in mid-table I'd be standing next to you with a pitchfork, but we are really good these days - I'm happy to be patient.
Ok. But you say because were up against the 9 above us. When we was the 18th richest club peeps would say well we can't compete with the 17 above us. If we were the second richest team people would still justify our sell to buy policy by saying we can't compete with the 1 above us. It just baffles me why so many look for reasons to justify our ham fisted approach.
The Leeds/Portsmouth Parodox is another favourite often wheeled out. I agree we are doing really well. But ,surely, Poch should not be in a position where he needs to sell to buy. It's absurd

Bloke in the pub (who goes by the name of Rocket) says Dier to Utd is done. I give up.

Lol. As if we'd sell a player days after Nike painted a huge picture of him on the side of a building.

it's as silly as the media suggesting PL teams being linked with Serge Aurier, who isn't allowed into the UK :roflmao:

Last edited:
Ok. But you say because were up against the 9 above us. When we was the 18th richest club peeps would say well we can't compete with the 17 above us. If we were the second richest team people would still justify our sell to buy policy by saying we can't compete with the 1 above us. It just baffles me why so many look for reasons to justify our ham fisted approach.
The Leeds/Portsmouth Parodox is another favourite often wheeled out. I agree we are doing really well. But ,surely, Poch should not be in a position where he needs to sell to buy. It's absurd

If you look on other club's forums they're insanely jealous that we picked up our first team for what we did. Our mixture of youth and experience - focus on young English players - is admired by all. It's only our fans that say it's ham fisted. Most clubs have to sell to buy.

Lol. As if we'd sell a player days after Nike painted a huge picture of him on the sider of a building.

it's as silly as the media suggesting PL teams being linked with Serge Aurier, who isn't allowed into the UK :roflmao:

I did point that out to him. I fucking hate Utd fans in the South.

But that is exactly my point. You are conflating a lot of different views and incidents together then claiming it is a distinct group who should be maligned. You are creating an enemy so you can oppose something. As for why, I don't know. It gets you liked, people like bashing an enemy. It creates a scenario where the members have to align with your views or become that group of 'people'. If someone has been on the 'wrong' side of any of the things you listed it is as if they take on someone's else views on Poch, they take on someone's view on Alli's tackle (which was shocking) and that person becomes the same as someone who likes to moan after a loss. In reality very few people (if any) fall into all your arbitrary timeline of incidents.
It is funny, as with all threads, there are far more people complaining about 'negativity' then actual people being negative.
I'm simply expressing a view, I'm not suggesting anyone "join the movement "....

You seem to crave debt....something ain't right? I'd like to see you run the club, while building a stadium.
Actually no I wouldn't....instead of a new ground we'd have half built one where we can't pay the builders.
No naming rights, no kit deals, no renting Wembley, no fuck all.

But no worries, because Lemar and Costa would be here on 200 grand a week, while we ground share with Barnet

Coming on to this forum is the internet version of going to a game. All you want is some decent one-eyed partisanship, but what you get is a load of people moaning like fuck. And it will be worse in the new place. The days of going to a match to support Tottenham are long gone. Many feel the ownership of a ST gives them the right to complain - and maybe it does. It's just modern football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom