Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
DE43OCGWsAABuUh.jpg

??

Not looking to get in the middle of anything but for the right price surely a talent that could be developed for a season or two and potentially offer versatility whilst Edwards and Onomah develop?
At age 24, not a lot of developing is going to happen. And if you want Edwards and Onomah to develop, you need to give them minutes. If you have Barkley taking up the minutes which they would be getting, how do they develop? It's a bit chicken-egg.

To me though, it boils down to I don't think Barkley is a talented enough player for Spurs, and I feel that buying him blocks the development of players who might be talented enough. Others will disagree. I am ok with that disagreement.

Juicy Sushi: Among PL players, but not when one looks further afield. Also, here's the problem with assists: they're not a measure of a player's ability. An assist is a pass converted to a shot that was scored. So the pass isn't what's being counted

I am placing you on ignore, not because i want to, but because there is not an icon called "shoot stupid mother fucker" .

Last edited:
entering lah lah land here...

Manchester City sign Kyle Walker
Manchester United sign Eric Dier
Real Madrid sign Kylian Mbappé
Spurs sign Gareth Bale

ooooooooooooooh!

Kane

Dele Eriksen Bale

Dembele Wanyama

Rose Vertonghen Alderweireld Trippier

Lloris
i know, i know but, why not just go for it! there's a trophy right there without doubt!

Vorm, Lopez, Davies, Carter-Vickers, Walker-Peters, Winks, Onomah, Edwards, N'Koudou, Lamela, Son, Janssen

Last edited:
I think we sign Barkley and if he turns out to be very good we probably win the league, if he turns out to be good/okay we finish Top 4.

If we buy no one and have a disappointing season the rest of the squad will start to think about moving on.

Are you kidding me? How good do you think that Barkley is? If he is the difference between winning the league or not. Why are we the only top club chasing him? I agree he would bring depth to our squad but nothing more. Probably he'll be in the starting 11, 50% of the PL games and score 5-7 goals for us throughout the season.

Are you kidding me? How good do you think that Barkley is? If he is the difference between winning the league or not. Why are we the only top club chasing him? I agree he would bring depth to our squad but nothing more. Probably he'll be in the starting 11, 50% of the PL games and score 5-7 goals for us throughout the season.

5-7 extra goals last season might have turned 4 draws into wins......

Oh..so when the Premier league dished out the tv billions, they forget to include us I guess. Not to mention the Nike, AIA and other mega revenue streams.
So, we're not only in the unique position of having to use player sales to generate our only transfer funds, we now have to use player sales to fund the wages of those that are left.
Our financial position must be more precarious than I thought.
Welcome back

*don't buy players that are not PL-proven - too uncertain!*

*rely on our youngsters - who are not proven in any senior league - instead*

... the state of some of these anti-buy fools on here. :pochfacepalm:

If we want youngsters to break through they need to be given a chance. We can't then have an England international first choice and an equally good backup playing in said youngsters position. KWP is one of our highest rated youngsters. And should he struggle if given the chance we have alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom