Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing Walker and Rose will be a killer blow to our squad. With those guys on the park we had the beating of potentially any other eleven. Regardless of who we now sign, I think we have been set back a couple of years.

I hope our other stars don't start looking elsewhere

Losing Walker and Rose will be a killer blow to our squad. With those guys on the park we had the beating of potentially any other eleven. Regardless of who we now sign, I think we have been set back a couple of years.

That's why we need to make a stance and make life very difficult for Rose.. Make others think twice..

I agree. That's why I was so surprised we let Walker go. He must have acted in a really petulant way and if so I hope he gets found out at City

I agree. That's why I was so surprised we let Walker go. He must have acted in a really petulant way and if so I hope he gets found out at City

He will contribute to a few defensive fuck-ups and goals for sure, but offensively they look dangerous. They are seemingly the favourites and for good reason. But they've still got Stones and crocked Kompany, which means no matter how good their new keeper is, they'll ship a few.

When Walker fucked up before, he had Toby, Jan and/or Dier. Plus rush-goalie Hugo.

I dont agree actually....they turned out to be a pair of bottle jobs who couldnt handle the competition they claim they crave. Wait til they are sitting on City and Utd benches.....but that will be ok because they can earn 200k a week.

Trippier took over from Walker, Rose was out for months. We were absolutely destroying teams without them.

Cracking players, but fuck them both......if we had to lose any two, then it was the positions we are best covered in at least.

You fnish 3rd and then 2nd. You have a number of your players in the Prem team of the year. You have a record points haul. You have a superb manager. You have the top goalscorer again and you are moving to a huge and new stadium.

Not sure what has gone on since Hull but in between them and Newcastle I do not see a club with the desire to take the next step I am sad to say.

Instead I see a perverse justification in our inactivity and a club that seems to want second best.

Really odd in every regard.

Rose says himself he's not looking to leave and Poch has said we will bring players in and only people who we want to sell will be sold.

Repeat it to yourselves

I think the club need to release a statement for the fans at this stage.

This window has turned ugly....some fans are on the side of Danny Rose. Fuck them, they can shove their support,

The rest of us need some clarification as to where we are heading in terms of stability.

You fnish 3rd and then 2nd. You have a number of your players in the Prem team of the year. You have a record points haul. You have a superb manager. You have the top goalscorer again and you are moving to a huge and new stadium.

Not sure what has gone on since Hull but in between them and Newcastle I do not see a club with the desire to take the next step I am sad to say.

Instead I see a perverse justification in our inactivity and a club that seems to want second best.

Really odd in every regard.

Should we violate FFP and bankrupt the club to compete with teams that have higher revenues?

You note the new stadium, you get we aren't in it yet, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom