The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We drew 6 of our first 11 last season.
Bit concerned about Davies getting skinned by Yedlin, who'll have a point to prove.
The other point is if we play 3 at the back is Wanyama ready after just 45 mins pre season.
Son is available according to team news.

Other wise it's Dembele winks.

So in a 3 at back maybe
Lloris
Dier Alderwiereld Vertonghen
Sissoko wanyama/winks Dembele Davies
Dele Eriksen
Kane.

Vorm
Son
Winks/wanyama
wimmer
Janssen
Kid
Kid

Lloris
KWP Alderwiereld Vertonghen Davies
wanyama/winks Dembele
sissoko Eriksen Dele
Kane

Vorm
Dier
Winks/Wanyama
Son
wimmer
Janssen
Kid

Bit concerned about Davies getting skinned by Yedlin, who'll have a point to prove.
The other point is if we play 3 at the back is Wanyama ready after just 45 mins pre season.
Son is available according to team news.

Yedlin is out for the game. Newcastle's predicted XI looks shite.

5-0 Spurs :tobyarm:

Trippier out, Wanyama and Son available:

5kedj9.png

Eriksen is more conditioned from pre-season but less suited to the formation. Counter-attacking away from home, Son gives more direct options and was sexy as fuck against Leicester.

Trippier out, Wanyama and Son available:

5kedj9.png

Eriksen is more conditioned from pre-season but less suited to the formation. Counter-attacking away from home, Son gives more direct options and was sexy as fuck against Leicester.

You are OUT OF YOUR MIND for leaving Eriksen out.

You are OUT OF YOUR MIND for leaving Eriksen out.

Not really. He'll probably start, but he is just 10x better when we have 4 at the back. When we have 3, he can't find the pockets he needs to be as effective. We still win, just not as convincingly and he needs to score a worldie because the team doesn't function as well.

Last edited:
Not really. He'll probably start, but he is just 10x better when we have 4 at the back. When we have 3, he can't find the pockets he needs to be as effective. We still win, just not as convincingly and he needs to score a worldie because the team doesn't function as well.

So Eriksen scoring a worldie to win us the game is the reason he shouldn't play? :llorishuh::deledoubt::vertna:

Probably the least bothered I've been about the first game of a season ever

I understand why. I think you are embarrassed, take the season off pal

Everybody knows and has said that KWP isn't ready for a role as back-up to Trippier. Only the deluded people like you thinks he can

"We have two possibilities – one to play with three at the back, another to use the back four..."
"Different players, like to use Kyle Walker-Peters in the back four, or with three - Moussa Sissoko if we play with wing-backs."

Pochettino

:goonermong:

First 7, won 5 drew 2. Best start since god knows when.

Next up, Toby gets injured v West Brom. We just hadnt learnt how to function without him. Without his injury I honestly believe we'd have been won 8 drew 3. Wouldve beaten West Brom, B'mouth, and Leicester. Might even have got the win at Goons.

Toby's the one we need to somehow have a Plan for when injured. Maybe back 3 of Verts with Dier and Davies either side?

We have different possibilities to play, different set-ups,” he said. “One possibility is to play with three at the back, another is to play with a back four with Kyle Walker-Peters (in what is) a natural position for him.

“He was good against Juventus but if we play with wing-backs and a player like Moussa Sissoko… we are waiting until the last day to decide. I’m sure that one way or another it will go well."
Mauricio on right-back options at Newcastle 11 August 2017 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

Can't believe this is on Sunday!

As it's Newcastle despite being mid-August I can wear my Spurs shirt under an innocent-looking jumper even though I'm in the home end. Shall be tearing it off as I emerge from St. James's Park triumphant!

Really?

Eriksen started last season slowly. It wasn't until we went 3 at the back that his freedom off the ball allowed him to flourish and gain confidence.

Back
Top Bottom