Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Strange, getting myself a ticket to the Swansea game, all the lower tier is sold out, really annoying if the best seats are all ST holders and they don't turn up.
I'm going to the Swansea game. The late Kick off time makes it feasible. I'm also hoping to persuade Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon to meet me for a pre-match pint so we can put to bed once and for all his idea that melters are somehow less worthy supporters than himself.

Massively disappointing to concede another late goal at Wembley. It's a big call from Porch to come out publicly and question the mentality, and the right one I think. We've worked so hard to cut out these sort of lapses, and last season we were the ones scoring the late goals. We simply cannot let this rot set in again. As for Dele, I think he might have been a bit embarrassed with his original effort, wouldn't read too much into the muted celebration.

I've got no respect for people who buy a ST and don't go. It was obvious that this would happen. Half of them aren't supporters, they're day trippers - picking and choosing depending on the opposition.

Nah - not for me.
This time of year is prime holiday season especially for people with kids; and there are so many tickets available that you can't pass on through the exchange. In this day and age it is quite hard to attend absolutely every game, especially with work and family commitments. If you've been going to games regularly for 25 years, when you have kids, should you give up your ST and face years at the back of the queue? It's not quite so simple. I'm surprised at the empty seats to some degree. The area that you don't see on TV is where the SS-PL were migrated too, and that was packed yesterday - pretty decent atmosphere too. I think a lot of the empties were the corporate seats. Could be wrong.

Strange, getting myself a ticket to the Swansea game, all the lower tier is sold out, really annoying if the best seats are all ST holders and they don't turn up.
White Hart Lane was the same though. A row of 8 directly behind me was empty for past two years, only had people in them for no more than 2 games per season. Same in every single stand at every single game (including derbies). On a percentage basis I'd bet the figures are close take Burnley yesterday against Burnley at The Lane. Last season they must have been 500 seats not taken against Woolwich! Appreciate my eye test could be way off here. But nothing new about ST's be that at Wembley or WHL I feel, at Wembley it's amplified because of that hideous Bobby Moore club that sit behind the dugouts.

Too slow throughout. Players wanting two touches, meanwhile Burnley revert to their hyper organised shape.

You look at Man City's winning goal, one touch, imprecise, not afraid to lose the ball - the opposite of us for most the game yesterday.

Has Mousa gone backwards with less penetration and too many safe passes? Where was Eriksen's penetration? We looked like the aim was merely ball retention.

The result was disappointing, I can accept that. But how we went about the task I didn't like.

This time of year is prime holiday season especially for people with kids; and there are so many tickets available that you can't pass on through the exchange. In this day and age it is quite hard to attend absolutely every game, especially with work and family commitments. If you've been going to games regularly for 25 years, when you have kids, should you give up your ST and face years at the back of the queue? It's not quite so simple. I'm surprised at the empty seats to some degree. The area that you don't see on TV is where the SS-PL were migrated too, and that was packed yesterday - pretty decent atmosphere too. I think a lot of the empties were the corporate seats. Could be wrong.

Yes of course that's a factor, but as another poster mentioned that many tickets were on sale on twitter with the seller offering to meet at the match. We'll get a better idea when the kids go back to school.

I'm going to put yesterday down to a bad day at the office.
Players not fully fit yet and so nowhere near peak form both physically and mentally.
The loss last week I think was very damaging mentally.
I have a sneaky feeling the reason we were trying so hard for the 2nd goal was for Kane, to end the August thing. Its admirable sentiment, but there is no room for sentiment.
We basically shot ourselves in the foot, and it was totally preventable.
The break is probably not a bad thing, the players can hopefully clear their heads, we can make some more signings and have some time for them to train before the next match.

Yes of course that's a factor, but as another poster mentioned that many tickets were on sale on twitter with the seller offering to meet at the match. We'll get a better idea when the kids go back to school.
Maybe people have bought extra STs as an investment for the new stadium. Sad if true. A cunt of a husband of a friend of mine has access to 5 STs at the Death Star. Blags about it. Always has spares. Knows fuck all about football. I hope we don't become that. The trouble is, the more our crowd ends up like that, the less appealing it will be to go to games at all. I became a STH in the 90s when anyone who wanted one could get one. They even tried to sell half season tickets. At least you knew the crowd was there for the right reasons... although in fairness the atmosphere was pretty shit and depressing! We're all fucking mugs for following this game.

I am going to 5 games this year, probably 4 in the New Year, and 6 games will be used by my family in the UK, totaling 15 games my seat is occupied, only 4 games my seat is free.
My point is made, subject closed.
Ok, fair enough but your post didn't say that.

Oh, just seen you've edited it. Why didn't you say that in the first place?

Coming from the guy who massively melts, moans & cries any time people have a criticism of the club.
You melted yourself in to the bin. Hardly one to take anti-melting tips from.

The 'King' of the melters speaks

:dembelelol:

As for the game I listened on radio and just seen highlights

Yes I'm pissed off and very disappointed like most of us

Not going to blame Tripps although he didn't play well like a few others but also not going to melt

We never start well enough but come November, at latest, we, and Harry, start to fire

A couple of signings, Rose and Lamela back?

3rd at least

Woolwich laughable
Dippers flattered by opposition who should have scored early on but Welbeck is a fucking joke!
Citeh fortunate against Bournemouth ffs
ManUre haven't played anyone yet

No I'm not worried

COYMS

Slightly concerned about Everton though.....

Reflecting on it and watching the game over again I think our guys need to relax a bit. I think they need to enjoy their football again.

We seemed a bit tetchy and not liberal enough with our freedom to play. I think the issue is Pochettino knows he needs to bring players in for attacking options, I just don't know if he has found who he wants yet

I have a sneaky feeling the reason we were trying so hard for the 2nd goal was for Kane, to end the August thing. Its admirable sentiment, but there is no room for sentiment.
We basically shot ourselves in the foot, and it was totally preventable.
...so you mean in order to break ONE 'curse' (Harry in August) ...we played into the hands of the OTHER curse...?
Fuck... we really are doomed then!

...so you mean in order to break ONE 'curse' (Harry in August) ...we played into the hands of the OTHER curse...?
Fuck... we really are doomed then!

Just need some calm heads.
No one fucking panic!

c60.gif

Back
Top Bottom