Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently due to Poch "Wanting the players to hit peak at the right time". From what I've read he thinks that if we're fit for the start of the season we will burn out. So instead the aim is to struggle through the first month or two and then hit form in the Winter period onwards. We looked dead in the last 10-15 mins, struggled to move the ball or their legs.

I'm not sure I agree with the thinking behind Poch's "fitness plans". I would prefer a strong start to put psychological pressure on our rivals straight from the start.

Both Leicester and Chelsea started strong and they won the title. We start slow and both times lose it. I don't think the penny has quite dropped for Poch regarding this. No point hitting form in December if your rivals are already 10 points ahead.
chelsea didnt start strong. they had a fantastic run midseason. at one point after 4 or 5 games Conte's job was rumoured to be on the line.

Maybe, but my point is that so many ST holders were absent. The members and casual general sale buyers bailed us out, and it's going to fuck with attendance at the new ground.

We'll have 90,000 for Real Madrid - glory hunting twats.
I know , the empty seats didn't look good and there were lots of families with kids.
I was expecting this as so many people were selling their tickets on twitter.

I've paid a lot of money to go to games so in theory I should be the one whining with a "right to melt". But I'm not. Why is that? Because the heavens aren't tucking falling, that's why!
Coming from the guy who massively melts, moans & cries any time people have a criticism of the club.
You melted yourself in to the bin. Hardly one to take anti-melting tips from.

It's been a while since I could say a spurs result was truly, totally unacceptable but yesterday it really was.
Not because of the quality of opposition on paper, because any premier league side can have its day. But the fact that we were in complete control all game, had numerous chances and then, with a few minutes to go, have the ability to see it out and didn't. I love that we are a positive attacking side. But sometimes you just have to accept a 1-0 score line and take the 3 points. I feel like some of them have believed the hype a bit from last season and believe they should be smashing all the smaller teams every time. Extremely naive.

So why do you want so many new players
For obvious reasons:
1. We sold Walker first choice RB. Replacement.
2. Sissoko and Janssen are not good enough.
3. We don't know the future of Rose.
4. STRENGTHENING THE TEAM.

PS. If Janssen is in Poch plans. How many mins did he play in the 3 PL matches?

Well that was an interesting day.

Felt ill halfway through the first half (don't know if it was the sun or something I ate), but went and spewed in the bogs at about 40 minutes. Did the same again around 60 minutes then had to leave as I felt like shite.

Hope you feel better, mate, but imagine if you had stayed through added time...

BPpQEThk8pCPen4Fs3NVkI4P2kg8dGa-AHfnmggt__o4QZnTgd-2fIyb2UzrgjbYwoK1AVbHHqQH4SFn2iulDtu3bnF3qQ6zDXpRU3Q=w320-h205-nc

It's been a while since I could say a spurs result was truly, totally unacceptable but yesterday it really was.
Not because of the quality of opposition on paper, because any premier league side can have its day. But the fact that we were in complete control all game, had numerous chances and then, with a few minutes to go, have the ability to see it out and didn't. I love that we are a positive attacking side. But sometimes you just have to accept a 1-0 score line and take the 3 points. I feel like some of them have believed the hype a bit from last season and believe they should be smashing all the smaller teams every time. Extremely naive.

Well put. The new cliche is 'Game Management,' but it's a cliche for a reason. We are still not seeing games out the way other teams do and this will damage us.
Those 5 points dropped now have to be made up away from home, and you know how difficult that will be.

For obvious reasons:
1. We sold Walker first choice RB. Replacement.
2. Sissoko and Janssen are not good enough.
3. We don't know the future of Rose.
4. STRENGTHENING THE TEAM.

PS. If Janssen is in Poch plans. How many mins did he play in the 3 PL matches?

You just said we didnt make any mistakes last season which I find a bit odd. I remember plenty, but we developed a never say die attitude, played full on for the 90 plus minute, and had WHL.

Id like to add some players to cover the outs, but sitting there slagging off Janssen and Sissoko when its the first choices playing like a bunch of cunts is really odd

I've got no respect for people who buy a ST and don't go. It was obvious that this would happen. Half of them aren't supporters, they're day trippers - picking and choosing depending on the opposition.

Nah - not for me.

It is bank holiday weekend.

Think how many blokes got roped into going to the beach by their kids.

You just said we didnt make any mistakes last season which I find a bit odd. I remember plenty, but we developed a never say die attitude, played full on for the 90 plus minute, and had WHL.

Id like to add some players to cover the outs, but sitting there slagging off Janssen and Sissoko when its the first choices playing like a bunch of cunts is really odd
Nothing odd. The first choice did a job to a certin extent and we were winning 1-0.
Don't blame me for slagging off Janssen or Sissoko. Sissoko came on to play on the right where we conceded the gaol but he drifts to the middle. And for Janssen, ask Poch why he hasn't played him any mins in the 3 PLgames when we needed goals and Kane misfiring (August Phenomenon).
3 days and windows closes. With regrets to say manu, mancity, chels and liv have better squads and more geared for top 4 and CL.

I think it's simply a case of not taking our chances when we are in the driving seat. The fact we didn't get a second saw us open to the sucker punch, that last 10 minutes was unnecessary, had we given ourselves a margin of error that would have killed off Burnley and taken their belief away,it was a stupid result... We made it hard on ourselves.
That's how i saw it.You always have to get a 2nd against a team like Burnley.They don't give up.
It was a draw, not a loss...But it felt like one.

67000 is very
We bottled it and didn't keep hold of the ball in the last 10 minutes. Still surprised he took Eriksen off as he's one of the main calming influences in moments like that

I adore Eriksen but IMO that was the worst game he has ever had in a spurs shirt, I would have taken him off a lot earlier.

Although dominating the first half I didn't feel it was a great half. Early goal in the second half and we looked comfortable. Burnley changed things with a couple of changes and had a good ten minutes but we weathered that and looked certain to score again but the second goal never arrived and we blew it in added time.

Back
Top Bottom