Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just tough it through this season and we'll be back to normal. The players need to be professional and do their part as well but I agree empty seats are a killer
I've got no respect for people who buy a ST and don't go. It was obvious that this would happen. Half of them aren't supporters, they're day trippers - picking and choosing depending on the opposition.

Nah - not for me.

Strange day - draw...... When Kame dosnt score it seems he gets in the way . Son ,you forget he was there. Concede, our defence is all over the place and our FBs are slow. Sissoko is shite and we need to buy players and question marks over Pochs ability to game plane and so on. Playing exactly the same and win- all's well?
We are a team that relies on being match sharp and having confidence . Poch does make some poor calls but gets it spot on most times.
We need to pull together, get energy from all the doubters and become strong. I feel we will struggle in the PL but do well in the CL.

If his thought process is like this surely he knows he needs 18 realistic first team starters to choose from.

Look at Liverpool, Salah, Lallana, Mane, Firmino, Coutinho all vying for 3/4 attacking places, not to mention Origi. Dele and Eriksen are guaranteed starters even if in shit form. Unacceptable for me when football is as fast and furious as it is these days

This is probably what Rose was pissed off about when he said some players have no competition and are guaranteed starters no matter what happens. Many Southampton fans said that Poch had favourites who he would never drop - Dele and Eriksen seem to fall into both those categories. Undropable, not due to form, but due to a lack of competition and a managers liking. Lamela getting injured didn't help either.

This is probably what Rose was pissed off about when he said some players have no competition and are guaranteed starters no matter what happens. Many Southampton fans said that Poch had favourites who he would never drop - Dele and Eriksen seem to fall into both those categories. Undropable, not due to form, but due to a lack of competition and a managers liking. Lamela getting injured didn't help either.

Poch did speak about needing people who genuinely think they will challenge the likes of Dele and Kane earlier in the summer. Maybe the penny has dropped with him but the club are slightly behind on being in sync with him. Maybe the start to our season has woke them up. It'll be a big 4 days for our club now regardless

Too many theatre goers ruin it for the ones who would give a nut for the club. A shame
Well when half of your ST holders live in America and the Outer Hebrides it is a shame. Think about someone who went for the first time today? What did they see? Yes, empty seats in the top tier - that's to be expected, but so many empty seats in the lower tier that are hogged by ST holders who couldn't be arsed. People blame Wembley, but they're wrong - it's our own fans that are causing this problem. Still never mind, you'll all be guaranteed a ticket in the new ground where you'll still pick and choose and hope to make a modest profit on the TX scheme when you choose to go bowling because we're playing Stoke.

Last edited:
Well that was an interesting day.

Felt ill halfway through the first half (don't know if it was the sun or something I ate), but went and spewed in the bogs at about 40 minutes. Did the same again around 60 minutes then had to leave as I felt like shite.

Got back to where my car was parked but felt awful, so checked myself in to a premier inn in Ruislip, and slept for a few hours. Finally felt well enough to get back in the car at 1115 and just got home.

Day to forget all round, I think.

Well that was an interesting day.

Felt ill halfway through the first half (don't know if it was the sun or something I ate), but went and spewed in the bogs at about 40 minutes. Did the same again around 60 minutes then had to leave as I felt like shite.

Got back to where my car was parked but felt awful, so checked myself in to a premier inn in Ruislip, and slept for a few hours. Finally felt well enough to get back in the car at 1115 and just got home.

Day to forget all round, I think.

u okay hun?xx

Back
Top Bottom