Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe, but my point is that so many ST holders were absent. The members and casual general sale buyers bailed us out, and it's going to fuck with attendance at the new ground.

We'll have 90,000 for Real Madrid - glory hunting twats.
I've noticed it is a particular problem with the lower cost STs. This is why the club needs to revise its policy of denying ST holders the chance of resale before a sell out. Many ST holders have better seats than the general sale ones and I bet if they were able to put their tickets up for sale in advance then quite a few of those lower tiers seats would sell before those in the gods.

I've noticed it is a particular problem with the lower cost STs. This is why the club needs to revise its policy of denying ST holders the chance of resale before a sell out. Many ST holders have better seats than the general sale ones and I bet if they were able to put their tickets up for sale in advance then quite a few of those lower tiers seats would sell before those in the gods.

Well the lower tier wasn't well represented today and that's the only area that is 95% ST holders. Why is the first thought that a ST holder has is to sell their seat? And why aren't ST holders going to the game? This isn't aimed at you, but it's shit in my opinion.

As for you next point, I would never pay the £7.50 for the ticket exchange con. Seats aren't hard to come by at Wembley. You have to admit that people have bought ST's with no real intention to go to Wembley on a regular basis and it results in the embarrassing scenes we saw today.

Last edited:
Well the lower tier wasn't well represented today and that's the only area that is 95% ST holders. Why is the first thought that a ST holder has is to sell their seat? And why aren't ST holders going to the game? This isn't aimed at you, but it's shit in my opinion.

As for you next point, I would never pay the £7.50 for the ticket exchange con. Seats aren't hard to come by at Wembley. You have to admit that people have bought ST's with no real intention to go to Wembley on a regular basis and it results in the embarrassing scenes we saw today.
I noticed that and it is sad, but as a season ticket holder, I will do my best to get to as many game as I can, four more this year.

It better not be aimed at me as I won't skip games unless it's absolutely unavoidable. I'm not in the lower tier anyhow.

Why should they do what I suggested? Because it is a fact that with twice as many season tickets there will be some who bought who weren't as desperate as those at the top of the waiting list, and there will be those who bought mainly for a seat in the new WHL (you even had people on here saying as much). That means there will be empty seats in the season ticket areas. My solution is that we accept that and hope that the club try and get more of those seats filled so that the lower tiers look fuller. That would be better for crowd harmony and also for the players.
You have no intention of paying the £7.50? That's paid by the ST seller not the buyer isn't it? As a ST holder I'd rather sell my ticket for face value with £7.50 deducted than not be able to go and lose the whole sum of the ticket. For the buyer, what's the difference? Seems far more logical to me. I am trying to offer a solution to the problem rather than just being frustrated about those who but a ST and don't go. It is what it is, so how best can the club reduce the problem? That's how I am looking at it.

Well that was an interesting day.

Felt ill halfway through the first half (don't know if it was the sun or something I ate), but went and spewed in the bogs at about 40 minutes. Did the same again around 60 minutes then had to leave as I felt like shite.

Got back to where my car was parked but felt awful, so checked myself in to a premier inn in Ruislip, and slept for a few hours. Finally felt well enough to get back in the car at 1115 and just got home.

Day to forget all round, I think.

It better not be aimed at me as I won't skip games unless it's absolutely unavoidable. I'm not in the lower tier anyhow.

Why should they do what I suggested? Because it is a fact that with twice as many season tickets there will be some who bought who weren't as desperate as those at the top of the waiting list, and there will be those who bought mainly for a seat in the new WHL (you even had people on here saying as much). That means there will be empty seats in the season ticket areas. My solution is that we accept that and hope that the club try and get more of those seats filled so that the lower tiers look fuller. That would be better for crowd harmony and also for the players.
You have no intention of paying the £7.50? That's paid by the ST seller not the buyer isn't it? As a ST holder I'd rather sell my ticket for face value with £7.50 deducted than not be able to go and lose the whole sum of the ticket. For the buyer, what's the difference? Seems far more logical to me. I am trying to offer a solution to the problem rather than just being frustrated about those who but a ST and don't go. It is what it is, so how best can the club reduce the problem? That's how I am looking at it.

I don't think you've got the hang of this yet. The £7.50 surcharge is paid for by the buyer, and scandalously the selling ST holder gets a loyalty point for NOT attending the game. Thankfully most people are wise to this shit.

I know you're not in the lower tier - you're in club Wembley, but I fail to see how this is any different. I'm not accusing you of non-attendance, I'm accusing the many who will cherry pick the games they deign to attend. In short it means we will never fill our new ground, never mind Wembley regardless of how many seats are reported as 'sold'. Anyway, when we finish 6th to 8th as many are predicting, getting tickets will be much easier to get hold of and that includes away games. We're not going to be a top 3 club for long and many of our fans will lose interest.

Great. With respect you shouldn't be a season ticket holder, but don't say it's sad when you're directly causing the problem. I wonder which games you will try to attend?
Liverpool, Palace, Saints and Spammers, I will attend.
Bournemouth , Brighton and Swansea, my seats are being used.
And next year, in my retirement status, I will attend more.
So I am not causing the problem of empty seats.

Last edited:
Great. With respect you shouldn't be a season ticket holder, but don't say it's sad when you're directly causing the problem. I wonder which games you will try to attend?

Isn't that the clubs fault & not the purchaser?

They're well aware of where these people live yet still accept their ££

1gDMvBo.gif
:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

The most underrated gif of all time

The club cannot discriminate by the residence of the season ticket holder.

Of course it can't but all I'm saying is that the club is aware that many holders live thousands of miles away & just by logistics won't attend every game. They've taken the £ over anything else. I'm not blaming the fans who buy the tickets , in fact I'm saying it's not their fault, the issue lies elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom