Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hasn't he already signed? The only loophole in the contract was being granted right to work so if Utd or them lot turn up they'd have to negotiate with :levystare:your

Normally we sign players subject to work permit / visa all the time (i.e Sanchez) but this time was a little more complicated as there was a genuine possibility the appeal could be rejected. I reckon he's already signed a few weeks ago, to be honest.

"We are told there was interest from Manchester United and Chelsea - but Aurier has chosen Tottenham and cited Hard Cash and his sponsors Nike as major factors in his decision."

mqdefault.jpg

Eat it, melters.

Fixed it for you.

Normally we sign players subject to work permit / visa all the time (i.e Sanchez) but this time was a little more complicated as there was a genuine possibility the appeal could be rejected. I reckon he's already signed a few weeks ago, to be honest.
I think you may be right the HO allows a 23 day gap for representation from employers depending on suitability/ availability /character/ nature of employment. Guess the club's legals were confident so just had to bide our time

So obviously his conviction has been quashed on appeal?
Like I thought it would have been a masssive gamble to apply for a visa knowing he had a criminal conviction.

Hopefully he's already signed for us.
Now he has a work permit.

Seems like a good signing but how are people so certain that he is an upgrade on Walker? He's never played in this league before.

If Walker was still here, would we be expecting Aurier to jump straight ahead of him into the first XI or just offer competition from the bench? I think it would be the latter surely.

Back
Top Bottom