Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Trippier is going to be playing the high profile games For a month or two yet
So Trippier against Real Madrid (ergo: Ronaldo) twice?

tenor.gif

Been thinking about this lots.
Our defence is pretty damn fine.
Madrid’s attack is one of the best 3 in world football imo.
I’d play Aurier here as he has pace to burn & will need it big time. As much as I dislike the poncey twat Ronaldo, he’s fucking mustard. However...I think that Aurier & Toby will smash the fucker into sulk mode. Am so nervous & excited for these 2 games against this shower.
It genuinely does give us an idea of where we are at top European level. We have already done Dortmund-& I think we did them very well thank you very much. Madrid is what it’s all about though. Not getting ahead of myself, but I think these games are going to be a lot closer than most outsiders think. I’m going to stick my neck out & day they will beat us at theirs & we will take all 3 points at Wembley. Done a little man wee at the thought of that...
:ledleylick:

Or alternatively we could develop beyond the psychological age of 6 and realise that other people's words and opinions do not define us.

I find the word ‘mong’ offensive - a word I see many times on this forum. It doesn’t ruin my day or anything like that, but it makes me question the mental age of those who use it.

I suppose it’s up to me to develop my ‘psychological age’ as you put it. I’ll get right on it.

I’m sorry that you find my observation immature, but what does your reply make you? I think you’ve snookered yourself - and get your own username. Cheers.

oh dear you thought my point was about you personally, thus proving my point

mong and beast are very different uses of language in different contexts

I can definitely live with the username jibe, thus proving my point :)

Regardless of colour, calling someone a beast is questionable. We have plenty of words to describe a fully committed athlete.
Attaboy Joe! We'll just use 'fully committed athlete' instead of beast so we can all be politically correct.
Great euphemism that. You should be really proud.

Aurier had Ronaldo in his pocket for PSG. He must play.
Didn't see this, but great if true.

I have a very vague memory of a very young Jamie O'Hara being up against CR7, and keeping him pretty quiet in a 0-0.

Apologies if this is utter bollox, today's one of my "2" days in a 5:2 diet, so am prone to delusions. Currently hallucinating about chocolate fudge cake, Jammy Dodgers, milk chocolate Hobnobs, Marmite Crisps, doughnuts, winning a PL match at Wembley.........:lamelaaghh: :pocheyes::hugoshock::dierno:

Didn't see this, but great if true.

I have a very vague memory of a very young Jamie O'Hara being up against CR7, and keeping him pretty quiet in a 0-0.

Apologies if this is utter bollox, today's one of my "2" days in a 5:2 diet, so am prone to delusions. Currently hallucinating about chocolate fudge cake, Jammy Dodgers, milk chocolate Hobnobs, Marmite Crisps, doughnuts, winning a PL match at Wembley.........:lamelaaghh: :pocheyes::hugoshock::dierno:
He was man of the match in the CL a couple seasons ago in a 0-0. Cristiano Ronaldo threw everything at him.

Attaboy Joe! We'll just use 'fully committed athlete' instead of beast so we can all be politically correct.
Sanchez and Dier are our beasts and I will continue to refer them as that in a positive way!

Are people honestly telling me I can't call a player a beast or a monster, just because they are black? These are perfectly fine terms to use for athletes, whether they are white, black or Asian. I've called Dier a beast, I've called Son a monster. Does that make me racist now?

Beast, monster, freak athlete. These are all perfectly fine to use when describing an athlete.

Dont be silly, I'm not saying them.

oh dear you thought my point was about you personally, thus proving my point

mong and beast are very different uses of language in different contexts

I can definitely live with the username jibe, thus proving my point :)

Writing ‘thus proving my point’ twice in three sentences doesn’t mean you’ve proved it. It would appear that you’re more sensitive than you think you are.

Don’t be beastly Ahab. I’m not sure you understand what ‘politically correct’ means. What’s political about it? Don’t you mean lazily stereotypical? Why think of your own words when someone else’s will do?

Back
Top Bottom