Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bad day so far for us.

Until we find a way to not lose ground when we play the top 5/6, at their grounds in particular we will not be good enough or strong enough.

City are doing what Chelsea and Leicester did. It is nigh on impossible to compete against and demands near pefection to even stay close.

Today, like so often we were good. The nonsense about ambition is just that. Fine margins of course but they fall on the wrong side at the wrong times to be more than just coincidence or bad luck.

Not sure what the solution is.

To be fair. We were shit. Again, there was no urgency in our play. It's strange. We play like that Wednesday, we will get destroyed.

IMO Shit is probably a bit harsh! its fine margins, if Dele took his chance just before they scored we be heralding a magnificent 3 points and a masterclass in counter attacking football.

On Wednesday when Spammers got their winner from a corner, the goaLscorer was jumping against Son the smallest player in our team. He was in that position again today on the near post. llorente took over and is tall enough but surely someone else should take those duties and not Son because he is striker.

But Chelsea last season and Leicester the season before did better at their opponents grounds than we did.

Today a draw would have been an excellent result.

Not good enough if our ambitions are greater than top 4.
Yes, our away record against the top 6 is poor. There’s no denying that. I think it’s the downside of having such a young team.

Both teams were poor. They had two DMs we had Winks.
They had lukaku we had no Kane.
They weren’t that much better. They were at home.
We held in and a draw would have been fair result.
Yet you have to take chances. We plugged away and pulled them open .Dele scores that different outcome.
Then they hit the post.
Went route one, long, flick on and goal.
Hard to stomach but if we would have won it would be the same for them.
We have been without key players of last season for most of this.
No Rose, Dembele, Wanyama, And Kane today.
With what we have got we did ok.
It’s nothing to do with Mourihno instilling a mindset. It’s defending with 5 defensive players. breaking up moves and hitting you with a long ball.
Pulis does that, with lesser quality players.

ITs football.
We have also stuffed Mourihno teams. I think if we would have had Kane , different game.
Son is not as physical. You have to thread it through to him, and they knew that

IMO Shit is probably a bit harsh! its fine margins, if Dele took his chance just before they scored we be heralding a magnificent 3 points and a masterclass in counter attacking football.

Average then. We barely threatened their defence or goalkeeper. I'm not surprised that Eriksen had an off day and so did we.

But Chelsea last season and Leicester the season before did better at their opponents grounds than we did.

Today a draw would have been an excellent result.

Not good enough if our ambitions are greater than top 4.

this "you have to beat your rivals away" thing.....

Last season's champions

at WHL lost 2-0
at the Emirates lost 3-0
at OT lost 2-0
at Anfield Drew 1-1
At Eithad - went 1-0 down KDB did a Ronny Rosenthal and Chelsea went on to win

1 bloody win in 5 and the won the league

Give it a fucking rest-

Oh while we're at it. Mourinho

Lost 2-0 at the Emirates
Lost 2-1 at the Lane
Drew 0-0 at the Eithad
Drew 0-0 at Anfield
Lost 4-0 (FOUR-NIL) at the bridge

Funnily enough no one won all the games away at the top sides cause we bloody well went unbeaten at the Lane

Last season's champions

at WHL lost 2-0
at the Emirates lost 3-0
at OT lost 2-0
at Anfield Drew 1-1

Give it a fucking rest-

Lost 2-0 at the Emirates
Lost 2-1 at the Lane
Drew 0-0 at the Eithad
Drew 0-0 at Anfield

Funnily enough no one won all the games away at the top sides cause we bloody well went unbeaten at the Lane

Guarantee you’ll get no answer.

Last season's champions

at WHL lost 2-0
at the Emirates lost 3-0
at OT lost 2-0
at Anfield Drew 1-1

Give it a fucking rest-

Lost 2-0 at the Emirates
Lost 2-1 at the Lane
Drew 0-0 at the Eithad
Drew 0-0 at Anfield

I did not say win.

Which team out of the top 6 had the best record?

Liverpool - who scraped 4th.

Says something about how they play and use space.

My point is a valid one, which I think some posters on here will recognise.

We are close and we can dominate most teams some of the time but we rarely or too infrequently translate that to victory or at least manage to maintain parity.

Chelsea and United have 3 points on us which we can now only match at best this season. Liverpool is a plus for us but I think any of the top 6 who take anything like 19 points plus from 30 is securing top 4 and probably top 2.

Liverpool's record last season is maybe because none of the other top teams thought them real contenders despite them having some super days.

Mourinho knew today that we were a real and psychological hurdle. He knew it.

Says something about how they play and use space.

My point is a valid one, which I think some posters on here will recognise.

We are close and we can dominate most teams some of the time but we rarely or too infrequently translate that to victory or at least maintain parity.

Chelsea and United have 3 points on us which we can now only match at best. Liverpool is a plus for us but I think any of the top 6 who take anything like 19 points plus from 30 is securing top 4 and probably top 2.

Liverpool's record last season is maybe because none of the other top teams thought them real contenders.

Mourinho knew today that we were a real and psychological hurdle. He knew it.

That’s bollocks. We finished 10 points ahead of Liverpool (with their space lol) and 17 ahead of the great Mourinho’s team. That’s SEVENTEEN. Also your initial post has been thoroughly debunked. Show a bit of class for once.

That’s bollocks. We finished 10 points ahead of Liverpool (with their space lol) and 17 ahead of the great Mourinho’s team. That’s SEVENTEEN. Also your initial post has been thoroughly debunked. Show a bit of class for once.
Debunked? I think not.

Did we get more points away from home against the top 6 sides than Chelsea, the one team who finished above us?

I genuinely do not know but I cannot remember us winning at any of their grounds.

Back
Top Bottom