Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

59d.jpg

Anally?

Fuck off with your martyrdom. You don't get disagrees for the truth, but for your melted subjective alternative version of the truth.

Were we good? No.

Does that mean we always fail when we're in a good spot, that our transfer window was a shambles, that Poch got it all wrong, or that we're a one-man team or any other fucking nonsense? No!

We are lacking some key personnel due to injuries (Kane, Wanyama, Dembele (I know he came on as a sub)), have a couple that haven't properly recovered from periods of illness (Eriksen, Davies), have a couple that haven't quite found their top form yet (Alli, Son). We had 24 hours less to recover and prepare for the game from the league cup. We have had fixtures against RM and Dortmund in the CL, while they've met very easy opponents. We've had reasonably tough schedule in the PL, while they've mostly just had very easy games. They field their strongest team apart from Drogba.

Yet we run the game for a significant majority of the first half, the second being more even. We have a huge chance to make it 0-1 minutes before they score, and have a goal disallowed seconds before they score.

We lose 1-0 away at Old Trafford, against a cynical, long-ball playing, billions-of-pounds paying, Manchester United. We weren't great, we've had a harder run up to the game, we have more problems with injuries, yet we were at least on par.

It's not a disaster.
I've missed all the in-fighting but I have to say you're making a shitload of excuses there, one way or another. Imagine if that were a scouser putting forward those same arguments last week, we'd have been howling in mirth at his delusion.

Across the board people were bigging us up for this, we should be seen as favourites, would win by 2 or 3 goals and on and on. Obviously, United having lost at Huddersfield and us having beaten Liverpool meant that the balance of football had shifted irrevocably in our favour.

Basically what I mean is I hate predictions and I hate assuming that we are suddenly the best or second best team in England because of a couple of hiccups in our rivals. People were universally assuming that Arsen*l and Chelsea were an utterly spent force based on a couple of poor results but there they are, a point behind us.

Hey, I've just realised that Spurs play Real Madrid in a few days, having got a draw at the Bernabeu and with a bloody good chance of progressing from the group stages. Also it's October and were 3rd.

Don't get me wrong - I'm gutted about today too. But it's not so bad, relatively.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid I think the key sentiment there was "its not a disaster".

I agree about predictions though.
I wasn't saying it was a disaster, I don't think it was, a disaster would be my house falling down. Shit happens, Spurs lose, especially away to United. We'll lose a few more games before the season ends too, hey ho.

I didn't concentrate too much on the last 35 minutes, I had people coming over and was doing stuff, then they arrived. We seemed a bit better than them in the first half, they seemed quite a bit better than us in what I saw of the second. Would a boxing score of 58-42 in their favour be about right? It was from what I saw but my United friend reckons a draw would have been fairer. Whatever, football has never been fair.

I wasn't saying it was a disaster, I don't think it was, a disaster would be my house falling down. Shit happens, Spurs lose, especially away to United. We'll lose a few more games before the season ends too, hey ho.

I didn't concentrate too much on the last 35 minutes, I had people coming over and was doing stuff, then they arrived. We seemed a bit better than them in the first half, they seemed quite a bit better than us in what I saw of the second. Would a boxing score of 58-42 in their favour be about right? It was from what I saw but my United friend reckons a draw would have been fairer. Whatever, football has never been fair.

You barely watched the game and now you come on here to comment on it?

No I watched 65 minutes normally like you. I three-quarters watched the last 15 and half-watched the last 10.

Which is why I'm not commenting so much on the game, more on people's excitable pre-match opinions

No I watched 65 minutes normally like you. I three-quarters watched the last 15 and half-watched the last 10.

Which is why I'm not commenting so much on the game, more on people's excitable pre-match opinions

Normally like me? I watched it all. Maybe you should temper people’s enthusiasm with some wise words of caution in future? I, for one, would look forward to it, rather than you glancing at the TV whist preparing cocktails, and then shitting on people for being bullish. You’ve forgotten what it’s like to be a fan Bill - you know - getting a bit giddy and all that.

Didn't think you'd suggested as much, just thought you"d missed the tone of the guy's post a bit...

I didnt even see the game, so maybe I'm a bit less emotional about it all than usual, but regardless of how well we're doing, losing to a Maureen team 1-0 away ought not be a flabergasting occurence and, for many of the reasons the prev. chap listed, i dont fear for the rest of our season because of it.

Normally like me? I watched it all. Maybe you should temper people’s enthusiasm with some wise words of caution in future? I, for one, would look forward to it, rather than you glancing at the TV whist preparing cocktails, and then shitting on people for being bullish. You’ve forgotten what it’s like to be a fan Bill - you know - getting a bit giddy and all that.
That has to be contender for the most patronising post on the internet.
Well done.

I should know I've posted a few myself.....
:)

Back
Top Bottom