Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I keep on reading this like it's some sort of surprise that the teams that finish high in the league tend not to lose their home games...........

Winning your home games is a must, but every season we lose away to a rival must have a psychological effect on the team.
I remember the Anfield 'curse' that took 70 odd years to break, and we still continue to lose there. It's a cycle that we have to break. I know that this season will be harder with Wembley, but my point still stands.

If a Utd fan came on here calling us bottlers and spineless, how do you think that would go?
The fuck are you on about. We're debating wether melting after a defeat, on your own forum, can be justified, not wether trolling on another clubs forum is justified.

It's actually the opposite - their years of success have attracted people that only want to follow a winning team, that's not a winners mentality, it's expecting other people to win for you without putting any effort in yourself.
It depends where you draw the line. If you meekly accept second best, it means you'll probably always be second best.
Bandenstein paradox

Id prefer to call it a winners mentality.
Oh, and by the way, I have never once labelled us the biggest club in England

I don’t see how bitching and moaning about every setback is a winners mentality. To take golf as an example, the real winners are the players who take a dropped shot in their stride, they don’t dwell on it, they don’t let it eat them up. They know they’re going to drop shots (lose games) and accept it as part of the game. It’s how you react to adversity that makes you a winner.

Maybe all those that want to be “realistic” and “tell it like it is” without fear of neg reps from all the happy clappers could create their own forum, where they can be down on Spurs to their hearts content. They could call it “The Limp Cock” or something like that.

Or maybe some shouldn’t be so fragile when it comes to such opinions, shouldn’t resort to ratings or name calling and actually challenge such viewpoints. Its called a discussion board for a reason but I suspect you would be far happier with it being an echo chamber.

I would love someone computer savvy to make a compilation of the light fouls awarded to United and our blantant fouls received but not awarded. Alli on young springs to mind and the player hanging on Dembele before he threw him

So I blagged a ticket on Friday from a mate who goes to united on a regular basis. Had to keep quiet being in with the united fans and the result was disappointing, we had chances with Delle especially.

I did sit with a grin throughout the match though, I was close to the away end and yes I am biased but our support was incredible. United fans are an embarrassment, silent until they scored and even then it was muted.....the Jose brand of football in full effect!!

Or maybe some shouldn’t be so fragile when it comes to such opinions, shouldn’t resort to ratings or name calling and actually challenge such viewpoints. Its called a discussion board for a reason but I suspect you would be far happier with it being an echo chamber.

We had a little discussion the other day on where Spurs’ priorities should lie regarding trophies. You made your points and I made mine, but ultimately what was achieved? I don’t suppose either of us found it particularly interesting.

The Spurs board is more about making statements - the interesting discussions are usually in General Football or Off Topic. We tend to be too entrenched in our views on Tottenham to allow the middle ground needed for a decent discussion.

Back
Top Bottom