Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saw lots of people I didn't recognise in the away end yesterday. Did others that went think that? Maybe with it being quite a low LP tally.

Slightly off topic, but...I was talking to a Man Utd fan (from Manchester but living in London) on the way back, he was explaining the extremely complicated ticketing system for getting tickets to United away games. I still don't quite understand it, but basically it's not done on LPs and is instead done on a ballot, but with one group of people (essentially away season ticket holders) almost certainly getting them. However, a lot of these people sell them on for a big profit, so to get a ticket you need to pay between £70-£200 for a normal away game like Swansea, and £400+ for Liverpool or Man City! And he says you end up with tourists etc in the away end and their away support (which IMO is still good) is getting worse and worse.

They don't seem to have the taboo on selling tickets for above face value that we have. In our away ends you rarely see tourists. Do people on here who go away but not with their own ticket ever have to pay above face value? My impression is it don't happen much with us. It's just wrong. And it seems it will eventually be the downfall of a once formidable away support in Yanited.
Something to keep a very close eye on when we are in the new stadium and corps. Are getting an increased allocation.

I can only speak from personal experience have held a Corp season ticket for a number of years whilst waiting for my own ST. No matter what away game I wanted to go to I could get always got a Woolich ticket. Never met anyone that sold it on for above face value, in fact I think it was only the “big” games they were bothered with. All were diehard Spurs fans, just with dosh.

Still don’t agree with this though, don’t think having more money I.e Corp/premium seat holder should make you more entitled for a ticket.

My guess is that most members are 14 year old replica shirt wearing geeks who have never actually been to a game in their very short lives.

You predicted a defeat against Liverpool then claimed you’d predicted a comfortable win. It’s the action of an insecure, 14 year old, replica shirt wearing geek - it’s immature.

I thought it was a decent nail biting game, clearly missed Kane and I think they just deserved to edge it if someone had to win

This is Joses Man U at Old Trafford on the back of a bad defeat, no mugs

This may have already been commented on but you could tell by the goal celebrations they couldn’t believe their luck!!

Game could have gone either way and a draw a fair result

Looking forward to Wednesday

COYMS

I know it’s a forlorn hope, but one day I’m hoping for a bit of perspective. Why do people like you only show up after a defeat? Why do you want to make this place insufferable? Everyone knows what you’re going to say anyway.

I don’t know

He surprised me with the shoot up the high school shoot up

FFS

Both teams were poor. They had two DMs we had Winks.
They had lukaku we had no Kane.
They weren’t that much better. They were at home.
We held in and a draw would have been fair result.
Yet you have to take chances. We plugged away and pulled them open .Dele scores that different outcome.
Then they hit the post.
Went route one, long, flick on and goal.
Hard to stomach but if we would have won it would be the same for them.
We have been without key players of last season for most of this.
No Rose, Dembele, Wanyama, And Kane today.
With what we have got we did ok.
It’s nothing to do with Mourihno instilling a mindset. It’s defending with 5 defensive players. breaking up moves and hitting you with a long ball.
Pulis does that, with lesser quality players.

ITs football.
We have also stuffed Mourihno teams. I think if we would have had Kane , different game.
Son is not as physical. You have to thread it through to him, and they knew that

And that fat little cunt Moss seemed to favour them

Is it possible to un-foul folk?
I went on a bit of a spree earlier.

Sleep on it

You were probably right

I can’t get my head round the poster watching 65% of the game or whatever

Not a classic by any means but I was on the edge of my seat all game

Gutted at the result as those smug cunts didn’t deserve it but listening to Talksquawk later a lot of their fans still not happy with entertainment level of Maureen’s footy

So fuck em

Sleep on it

You were probably right

I can’t get my head round the poster watching 65% of the game or whatever

Not a classic by any means but I was on the edge of my seat all game

Gutted at the result as those smug cunts didn’t deserve it but listening to Talksquawk later a lot of their fans still not happy with entertainment level of Maureen’s footy

So fuck em

I think I may have caught some innocent bystanders in the crossfire :(
Couldn't see my hit list anywhere tho.

Not seen the game because of work. Rarely watch MotD. Never if we lose.
I've managed to stay away from any media pish as well.

So i'm quite chilled :)

It’s the prevalent across all the Spurs message boards unfortunately. Vear from the consensus or express an unpopular viewpoint and the smears will commence. There is a large number of online supporters who clearly only want to hear comfort narratives when it comes to their own club and absolutely have no tolerance for any form of varied discussion.
Maybe all those that want to be “realistic” and “tell it like it is” without fear of neg reps from all the happy clappers could create their own forum, where they can be down on Spurs to their hearts content. They could call it “The Limp Cock” or something like that.

The difference yesterday was the subs. Ut'd have game changers - we don't!! Proven when Martial came off the bench and scored. When I see Sissoko in starting lineup I worry. Believe he missed a sitter and Ali should've buried his chance. Llorente for Son, Martial for Rashford. There's the difference. FFS put Marcus Edwards on bench for Kane. What's to lose? How many games is Llorente gonna need 'to gel' ? - before he becomes another Soldado???

I don't get peoples' surprise that on a Tottenham forum people get upset about people ripping the shit out of Tottenham. If you went on a Man U forum and said they were a bunch of bottlers and spineless, do you think your comments would be warmly received?

as much as i am disheartened by the result, i gotta say i enjoy the game. trying to be ass objective as i could, i think we played better and the game is good as spectacle. But they do get the better chances.
I cant fault any players, we ran we ran and ran. Winks is superb, but he seem to ran out of fuel at the end. When i saw the heavy rain, i know it's going to be more difficult for us and we probably couldnt win.
Dele is another one putting a great shift. After the row with Young he seem to be better.
Our back three is so good, Dier most of all really impressed me. We are better than their three that's clear, three of them take their chances acting like a Libero with the other covering. I dont know whether Dier could done better for their goal though.
I just feel like Aurier did not do very well, holds the ball well but did not do much with it. I hope he is better than he is now because of match fitness and everything. If him and Sissoko are linking up better, God knows what would happen.
Llorente is doing well i feel it's just quite frustrrating when the other did not pick him up. He must tell them to show him more to the ball.

That being said, it is a problem for us, MU is far from their best. No Pogba they are a middle team. Not to mention the under par Mkhitaryan and Herrera. They even played Smalling.
We need to have more conviction in our play and we need to be better.

3 years same manager and we lose 1-0 to manu away, this is called no progress wrt this match.
3 mistakes, own goal KW, back pass from Dembele to Miki and he scores and yesterday.
I wanted a point but got nothing and hate to see manu jose winning.

If you went on a Man U forum and said they were a bunch of bottlers and spineless, do you think your comments would be warmly received?
If Man Utd lose a game, any game, thats exactly what you'll find.
No hard luck, blame the ref, we did our best bullshit on Red Cafe brother. If they lose the team gets fucking hounded

Saw lots of people I didn't recognise in the away end yesterday. Did others that went think that? Maybe with it being quite a low LP tally.

Slightly off topic, but...I was talking to a Man Utd fan (from Manchester but living in London) on the way back, he was explaining the extremely complicated ticketing system for getting tickets to United away games. I still don't quite understand it, but basically it's not done on LPs and is instead done on a ballot, but with one group of people (essentially away season ticket holders) almost certainly getting them. However, a lot of these people sell them on for a big profit, so to get a ticket you need to pay between £70-£200 for a normal away game like Swansea, and £400+ for Liverpool or Man City! And he says you end up with tourists etc in the away end and their away support (which IMO is still good) is getting worse and worse.

They don't seem to have the taboo on selling tickets for above face value that we have. In our away ends you rarely see tourists. Do people on here who go away but not with their own ticket ever have to pay above face value? My impression is it don't happen much with us. It's just wrong. And it seems it will eventually be the downfall of a once formidable away support in Yanited.

I don't think I've ever heard of an instance of someone paying above face value for a Spurs away ticket - just doesn't ever come in to question.

If Man Utd lose a game, any game, thats exactly what you'll find.
No hard luck, blame the ref, we did our best bullshit on Red Cafe brother. If they lose the team gets fucking hounded
I stand corrected then, every forum has their melting killjoys. Doubt the melters are well liked on there though. I’ll test it out. I’ll sign up and copy and paste MindBlowns post from here onto there, let’s see how they react

You didn’t state a ‘plain fact’. As has been demonstrated, whilst it’s preferable, it’s not necessary to win the league. I’ll refrain from calling you a prick though.
I have never said it is impossible to win the league when losing these games. I just said it is not something you'd expect. And if we can perform as we did against Dortmund or Liverpool in the first half, then I'm very positive we'll grab some points at some difficult matches. But yes, I think the general statement, that you drop the important points at home vs Bournemouth rather than away in a derby is correct.
*refraining as well*

Back
Top Bottom