Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If i could give you an agree and a like, I would.

Saw this on reddit earlier... for anyone who has forgotton how poor we were this time last year. Yes, we missed Kane for some of that - but our Wanyama and Toby injuries are also big.

qiX4Cbj.png

We're not Everton right now, that's for sure.
And why nothing was done to improve this season? There is always a risk with such trends plus limit our chance for top finish.

And why nothing was done to improve this season? There is always a risk with such trends plus limit our chance for top finish.
Although we didn't go crazy in the transfer market, we still added some quality (hello, Davinson) but we couldn't have necessarily mitigated for losing Wanyama and Toby at the same time.

We're perhaps suffering a little from taking the Champions League deadly seriously this time. Especially with those injuries I don't think our squad is that deep - so we seem to have CL hangovers and a cumulative fatigue (Eriksen needs a game off).

Tbh, i love all the inter-fan banter (esp. at games), its players adopting the aforemention 'cup final' mentality fir a psuedo, one way rivalry that gets under my skin. I'd be left feeling thoroughly ripped off for 36 games per season if what was me.

Genuine question; who are your proper rivals?
Hi
We're in a strange place really - Forest and Derby both hate us, and we them - but they hate each other even more. And we rarely seem to be in the same place at the same time - we were miles off the pace when those two were decent, and obviously recently it's been the other way round. Coventry seem to see us as rivals but we've never been too bothered from our side.

Not sure what you mean about players? My view is that actually most couldn't give much of a toss about rivalries but the atmosphere and the fans can get them going during the game.

And why nothing was done to improve this season?

- Breaking our trf record on a player who has been amongst our best performers so far this season.
- 24m on a FB that lots actually deemed an upgrade on KW.
- Promising young CB for depth.
- Back-up striker that scored 15 EPL goals last season in a shit team.
- A young keeper who has already shown his ability and value to our overall depth.

Yup.... Nothing to see there.

There is always a risk with such trends plus limit our chance for top finish.

Coherent and poingient, as always...
Keep up the 'good' work.

:adethumbup:

Last edited:
Hi
We're in a strange place really - Forest and Derby both hate us, and we them - but they hate each other even more. And we rarely seem to be in the same place at the same time - we were miles off the pace when those two were decent, and obviously recently it's been the other way round. Coventry seem to see us as rivals but we've never been too bothered from our side.

Not sure what you mean about players? My view is that actually most couldn't give much of a toss about rivalries but the atmosphere and the fans can get them going during the game.

Of course the fan factor plays a part but when the drop off is so drastic outside of those 2 games a year (see WH vs us) then i question the broader attitude of the playing staff.

Do you not think your players showed a 'certain' trait last year?

Like i said before, I'll be suprised to see your lot so on it for the remainder of the season.

(It's a 'sympathy vote' on my part... For want of a better expression...)

5 signings (including breaking our transfer record) = nothing?
I was referring to the bad start of last season and repeating this season. Why there is no improvement on the playing field? I don't know where you watch Spurs home matches but I watch them at Wembley and all fans around me are saying the same thing, " slow start against Burnley, Swansea, WBA and Palace, always the same, Dele should be rested, Eriksen looks tired, Dier is not playing well, subs are coming on late delayed". The manager should improve matters instead of blaming the players as per last night.

And as for the signings, they were OK, not going into details as wasn't the object of my post. But I would prefer to be man u, man city and chelsea in making signings, be more ambitious and breaking PL transfer record after another and win the title. But as it is now, any trophy and top 4 will do.

Of course the fan factor plays a part but when the drop off is so drastic outside of those 2 games a year (see WH vs us) then i question the broader attitude of the playing staff.

Do you not think your players showed a 'certain' trait last year?

Last season was just plain weird. We had won a league nobody expected us to and hadn't got any idea (as a club) what to do next. Neither had the players. I think the Kante loss was massive (look how Chelsea did when he was injured) and it's only now that our midfield is showing real solidity. Which threw up some odd results, even for us. Eg battered City whilst in the middle of a dreadful run. Lost 6-1 to you lot when we'd generally been doing ok.

Back
Top Bottom