Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't quote that bit.

Why can't we spend 250mil on transfers like Manchester City? or 200 like City and United? Or put people on 300k a week?

Do you really not know why? If not, there's nothing I can say that'll get it through to you.
I said "I prefer to spend like man u ...." which means if we had the option and the money. And then I said very clearly "But as it is now, any trophy and top 4 will do" which means we don't have the funds.
The thing is most Spurs supporters are against spending but there is nothing wrong if the club can afford it. Spurs fans have to be more ambitious to win the title. Look at manu, chelsea or man city supporters who are not bothered about the billions they are spending on players because all they want to win titles and they are and we aren't.

I said "I prefer to spend like man u ...." which means if we had the option and the money. And then I said very clearly "But as it is now, any trophy and top 4 will do" which means we don't have the funds.
The thing is most Spurs supporters like you are against spending but there is nothing wrong if the club can afford it. Spurs fans have to be more ambitious to win the title. Look at manu, chelsea or man city supporters who are not bothered about the billions they are spending on players because all they want to win titles and they are and we aren't.
They are not bothered by the billions they are spending BECAUSE THEY CAN AFFORD IT.

We cannot, hence I'm against spending outside our means until we create the revenue (new stadium) to make it sustainable. Then, go for it, spend to your hearts content.

They fact you're idolising City and Chelsea tells us all we need to know really. If you want a club bankrolled by criminal money, go support them. Spurs is a proper football club doing things the right way.

Not wanting us to spend beyond our means is not a lack of ambition. It's worrying about the sustainability of our great club. If we spent what City do on transfer on wages and transfers, we'd be fucked with just a single season out of the Champions League.

You're living in dreamland.

They are not bothered by the billions they are spending BECAUSE THEY CAN AFFORD IT.

We cannot, hence I'm against spending outside our means until we create the revenue (new stadium) to make it sustainable. Then, go for it, spend to your hearts content.

They fact you're idolising City and Chelsea tells us all we need to know really. If you want a club bankrolled by criminal money, go support them. Spurs is a proper football club doing things the right way.

Not wanting us to spend beyond our means is not a lack of ambition. It's worrying about the sustainability of our great club. If we spent what City do on transfer on wages and transfers, we'd be fucked with just a single season out of the Champions League.

You're living in dreamland.
It is none of your business if Levy tomorrow decides to borrow £500m or bring in an oligach to invest to spend on players. What are you going to do! You can go and support another club like fulham, palace or even woolwich.
THFC has capable financial experts and don't need your advice.
Another Spurs deluded fan.

Anyway, we disagree, so let's leave it there. Thanks for the chats.

It is none of your business if Levy tomorrow decides to borrow £500m or bring in an oligach to invest to spend on players. What are you going to do! You can go and support another club like fulham, palace or even woolwich.
THFC has capable financial experts and don't need your advice.
Another Spurs deluded fan.

Anyway, we disagree, so let's leave it there. Thanks for the chats.
Of course it's my business. I've supported this club my whole life and will until I die.

Exactly, the club has financial experts and don't need our advice. Luckily, I'm not the one giving them it. You are...

I would prefer to be man u, man city and chelsea in making signings, be more ambitious and breaking PL transfer record after another

That's you dishing out the advice. Not me.

Interesting that I'm the deluded one when I'm advocating the way Spurs and their ''capable financial experts'' are running the club and you are the one suggesting we do it differently. So are they capable or not? You're sitting on both sides of the fence.

FYI - You don't just ''bring in an oligarch''.

Last edited:
Do some homework, go and check chac 2012 squad and compare to ours, don't be a deluded fan.
Im not a deluded fan, please don't patronise-theres enough of that on here.
I can see things for my self. Im trying to spin a positive where all around here is negative.
Actually, the point I made is correct so... :dembelefingers: The comparison of squad players is irrelevant to the fact.

Every club broke their transfer record pretty much. Big fucking deal. It was still 15 million less than we got for Walker. Are we supposed to be dancing in the streets about it or something
What's that got to do with what I said?

Um no. I said putting me on ignore and then peeking at my posts and quoting thim was like a dirty little pervert taking a sneaky peep. I was using the term as a comparison. Completely different to calling someone a cunt, a prick, a mong outright.
I dont know.
Oh, ok. So it isn't a childish insult then. Haha. What a funny excuse.

What's that got to do with what I said?

Oh, ok. So it isn't a childish insult then. Haha.

Basically what John is saying is that its better to profess innocence whilst being an uber troll than it is to have some balls and call someone a twat when they're acting like one.

''capable financial experts'' are running the club and you are the one suggesting we do it differently. So are they capable or not? You're sitting on both sides of the fence.

FYI - You don't just ''bring in an oligarch''.
I'm a bigger dick than you . Please could you ask them how to win a trophy as we are pretty shit in that department this century.
Thanks

I'm a bigger dick than you . Please could you ask them how to win a trophy as we are pretty shit in that department this century.
Thanks
At the start of the season you gotta expect us to win trophies despite spending much less.
When we don't win trophies it's your own fault for expecting us to win trophies when we spend much less.

The tottenham riddle.....
I will spend less & win, I didn't win as I spent less.

riddle #2: I am big, strong & powerful like my legs. But I can only kick like a 6 month old baby. Who am I?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom