Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Dembele isn't fit - we'll start Wanyama/Dier.

But I'd love to see the Dier/Dele partnership again. It was so great for that brief period in 2015/2016.

A shame Winks has regressed really because he would have been good to have in a match like this where we're going to need to keep hold of the ball.

Though maybe Pochettino has one more surprise in him!

Last edited:
If dembele isn't fit as Alastair gold keeps suggesting on twitter :pochrolleyes:

Who is in favour of seeing dele in midfield lining up next to wanyama/dier? It would free up space for lamela/moura to start along side Kane, Christian and son.

Very attacking line up, but I do feel we need to score and it could do dele the world of good arriving late in to the box.

City have been starting with one recognised DM this season(Fernandinho), and sometimes with out one at all. Seems to work for them. . .

Dembele won't miss the Juve game. I'm certain he'll be fit

So I think Allegri knows it won’t be easy. Just like Poch knows it won’t be easy.

Allegri went on to say that Juve "will need to be good and lucky" (emphasis added). Agreed he knows it won't be easy, and even if he thought it would be easy, he wouldn't be telling his team that.

Not directed at you, but often too much is made from quotes in the media, and without reading what else he said, it's far too easy to take comments out of context.

He'll have his team prepared, hopefully it won't be enough to matter and we advance.

It's weird, straight after the first leg I was really confident, even allowed myself to think about the next round (stupid of me I know).

The closer we get though the more I am shitting my pants.

If we continue our form of rising to the occasion at Wembley, make sure our talent shines through but stay mature in our performance. Then we will be fine I'm sure.

Can't afford another nightmare start, and we need to do a number on Dybala. He is by far there best player and they have missed him dearly.

We need to remember that we have seen off some of the best teams in Europe at home in this campaign. It would be mightily shit if this old tart were the ones to do us over.

Still, I have faith!!!

COYS

It's weird, straight after the first leg I was really confident, even allowed myself to think about the next round (stupid of me I know).

The closer we get though the more I am shitting my pants.

If we continue our form of rising to the occasion at Wembley, make sure our talent shines through but stay mature in our performance. Then we will be fine I'm sure.

Can't afford another nightmare start, and we need to do a number on Dybala. He is by far there best player and they have missed him dearly.

We need to remember that we have seen off some of the best teams in Europe at home in this campaign. It would be mightily shit if this old tart were the ones to do us over.

Still, I have faith!!!

COYS

I know exactly what you mean. It's going to be tight, tense and far from easy unfortunately BUT I think we will do it.

Been to the games against Real Madrid and Dortmund and Woolwich but this one could top them all.

I’m usually pretty relaxed until just before kick off.

But I am proper shitting bangers already for this one. We had a great result after the shit awful start against them but they are devious bunch of cunts make no mistake.

I have this awful feeling that they are going to pull off a con job or two on the ref that will leave us scratching our heads.

I’m just praying we box clever and don’t get dragged into any of their funny business.

Sounds twee but really think that for this match crowd really got to act as the 12th man. Non stop singing right from kick off, not just after we score! When Wembley is full (and it will be), creates intimidating atmosphere for opponents.

Allegri went on to say that Juve "will need to be good and lucky" (emphasis added). Agreed he knows it won't be easy, and even if he thought it would be easy, he wouldn't be telling his team that.

Not directed at you, but often too much is made from quotes in the media, and without reading what else he said, it's far too easy to take comments out of context.

He'll have his team prepared, hopefully it won't be enough to matter and we advance.

Yeah you’re right. Managers play their own game as much as the players do.

Pressure is on them more than us.

If dembele isn't fit as Alastair gold keeps suggesting on twitter :pochrolleyes:

Who is in favour of seeing dele in midfield lining up next to wanyama/dier? It would free up space for lamela/moura to start along side Kane, Christian and son.

Very attacking line up, but I do feel we need to score and it could do dele the world of good arriving late in to the box.

City have been starting with one recognised DM this season(Fernandinho), and sometimes with out one at all. Seems to work for them. . .
I don't think Poch trusts him there yet. He can be great, but I don't think Poch likes him trying stuff in that part of the pitch. He was one of the reasons for the domination against Pool but also cost us against WBA being lackadaisical. I could see Poch trying to mold him and playing him more often there in the coming years, but I'd rather drop Eriksen back in that role for this week if need be. He can still exert his creativity while also being a reliable outlet for the defenders. A lot of games he ends up dropping deep anyways.

If we sit back and play tight we are playing into their hands. They will out bore us. 0-0 at half time will be a horrible scoreline for us. We need to come out and boss them from the off. If we get the first goal their heads will go, race out the blocks boys

Back
Top Bottom