Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For this reason, I expect defeat.

A characteristic shared by a number of your countrymen, and I never doubted it would be a dour Scot who would make the effort to shit on our night under the lights before a ball is kicked. You’ve spent too long under the sea Vince, so break the surface, come up into the light, the air is sweeter up here. Also, please stop quoting Cicero. You may fancy yourself as the Aristotle of the Clyde, but at least he got behind his team you defeatist Quisling.

P.S. I am also on a yellow along with Cooper and Mindblown so vote away son, vote away.

Last edited:
Have you ever watched Paulo Dybala? We have not had an attacking player of his quality since Jurgen. And we have never had a defender I would be confident could contain him for a full game.

Lol. He’s not Pele. Or messi for that matter.
And you’re also saying he’s far better than Harry Kane?

Maybe check the great Sporting Lisbon defenders who stopped him scoring over 180 mins and let me know why they are better than our defenders? A Liverpool / Sunderland reject being one of them and a pure journeyman the other.

And am I reading it right that you think Ledley would have struggled against this genius - when you say “And we have never had”??

As in never? Never ever ever?

I’m all for giving opponents respect. But there’s respect and then there’s pure batshit crazy.

:pochshock2:

If we play on Wednesday like we played in Rome there is not a chance in hell that we will go through. Starting from the fact that in rome we did not need to win and we played not to loose while in London we will play to win. I think Allegri will still be relatively cautious in the first half but if the score will not change in our favour he will have to take risk in the second. A big difference vs the first leg is that Matuidi and Dybala are back although Paulo is still far from full form. Higuain is still not sure, but I think he will play in the end.
It should be a game with goals though since I do not expect you to sit and wait to defend the draw and you are very dangerous in attack, but I expect juve to have a much better hold of the midfield vs the first leg. It should be a good game, unfortunately did not manage to find a ticket :(
3-5-2?
3-4-3?
4-3-3?

The onus will be on Juve to score the away goal. I am sure we have the fire power to score against them. But this is a game where our defence needs to be focused. Go forward as a team & defend as a team.we have to be ruthless & fight till the end as we did at their ground.

This could be another classic.

Bit nervous now we get closer to kick off, but we have shown our true selves in the CL this season and no reason to think we are going to have a bad day at the office now.

Lloris
Trippier Sanchez Super Jan Davies
Dier Dembele
Eriksen Dele Son
Kane

I would start with Son over Lamela just purely as he seems to have played himself back into form after having a tiny dip.
If we are to soak up and hit them in the counter his pace and goal scoring prowess will be handy.
Would rather we try to win than park buses and run the clock down.
Lamela could come on once we are in the lead to help sure it up with some snidey play and pressing which is one of his strengths compared to Sonny.

A characteristic shared by a number of your countrymen, and I never doubted it would be a dour Scot who would make the effort to shit on our night under the lights before a ball is kicked. You’ve spent too long under the sea Vince, so break the surface, come up into the light, the air is sweeter up here. Also, please stop quoting Cicero. You may fancy yourself as the Aristotle of the Clyde, but at least he got behind his team you defeatist Quisling.

P.S. I am also on a yellow along with Cooper and Mindblown so vote away son, vote away.
Aristotle was a yid?

We have the away goals which was all important. Their game plan has to be to score and see out the game at 1 nill which will suit us as it suggests them being defensive but can't park the autobus. No mistakes from us, we will not lose on the day. Be it a draw or win , we will get through Im sure. We did good at their place and hope we can do good Home and win in style but Il take any way to be honest.

Well googled sir, well googled.

Thank you. Surprisingly l didn't. I could bore you to death about Archaic, classical , Hellenistic history.
My anorak side gets the better when enjoying Herodotus , Xenonphon and the march across the Persian Empire, City State Polis formations , Alexander's successors such as Ptomely to Cleopatra the last Hellenes to rule Egypt, Rise of Macedon , Pericles Athenian direct democracy, Spartas bizarre 2 king monarcy, Magnia Grecia especially Syracuse and Neopolis (Napoli), Indian Greek kingdoms odd mix of Olympian and Buddist cultures .
etc etc.

Forgive me

Last edited:
Really pumped for this but also completely shitting it!

A lot of the team is self selected.

Lloris

Trippier Sanchez Vertonghen XXXXX

XXXXX Dembele

XXXX Alli Eriksen

Kane

Davies, Dier and Lamella I reckon.

They're gonna be at full strength AREN'T they...?
And having had the weekend 'off' (albeit for tragic circumstances)

I assume they'll do a minutes' silence/applause pre-match??

We're gonna have to be bang on it from the off... and not let any emotion, or the occasion cloud our targets...

I say go for the win, and if we fall short, a low scoring draw will see us through...
But 'just' going for a draw could see us come unstuck.

I believe every champions league game either this week or this round will have a minutes silence.

If we don't concede early goals I will be happy, I have a feeling one team is going to do something early on that is going to set the tone for the whole game.

I feel like its a Wednesday today, have to keep reminding myself that its not match day today =\ I agree, lets all go home from work, go strait to bed and wake up for Wednesday. Hope its just one of those games that we will speak of for years to come, you know, that year we won the champions league for the first time, beat Dortmund, Madrid and Juventus before crushing Man City, PSG and Real Madrid again =D

All this talk of Lazio reminds me of the game at WHL a few years ago in the Europa League, in between joining in chants with us about Gazza they sang ‘JUDEN TOTTENHAM’ for pretty much the entire game, strange fascist cunts

Is it tomorrow yet

Back
Top Bottom