Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

" il Tottenham difende meno bene della Lazio e questa vittoria ci dà una bella spinta: dovremo essere bravi e fortunati" ha evidenziato Allegri.

It's not.

Interesting from Allegri. Many pundits have talked about our high defensive line and chances to get behind our advanced full backs. But few teams have managed to exploit that and our defensive stats are good. Man City game may be the model for Juve. Sane had a lot of fun against Trippier in a back 4 and Costa could offer similar threat for Juventus in theory. So does Poch go to a back 3 with Sanchez on right to help deal with that, and reduce defensive responsibility on Trippier. Or stay aggressive with 2 CBs?

They're gonna be at full strength AREN'T they...?
And having had the weekend 'off' (albeit for tragic circumstances)

I assume they'll do a minutes' silence/applause pre-match??

We're gonna have to be bang on it from the off... and not let any emotion, or the occasion cloud our targets...

I say go for the win, and if we fall short, a low scoring draw will see us through...
But 'just' going for a draw could see us come unstuck.

It will be a one minute silence:

Interesting from Allegri. Many pundits have talked about our high defensive line and chances to get behind our advanced full backs. But few teams have managed to exploit that and our defensive stats are good. Man City game may be the model for Juve. Sane had a lot of fun against Trippier in a back 4 and Costa could offer similar threat for Juventus in theory. So does Poch go to a back 3 with Sanchez on right to help deal with that, and reduce defensive responsibility on Trippier. Or stay aggressive with 2 CBs?

I think it’ll be a back 4. While tripps really struggled vs sane he coped really well in a 4 (to my surprise) against martial/Sanchez, mane/Salah and lol Mkhitaryan/Ozil so he’s earned my trust. I think he learned from city tbf. My main concern is that someone tracks to help him be it Son/Lamela/Lucas...../Sissoko

We have two away goals.

So they need to score at minimum twice to win
giphy.gif

Have you ever watched Paulo Dybala? We have not had an attacking player of his quality since Jurgen. And we have never had a defender I would be confident could contain him for a full game.

Yes I have.

We shall see but should you be wrong I'll be EXTREMELY quick to remind you of your words of doom.

In the meantime, please fuck off and leave this site. You're a fucking disgrace.

Juventus just put in a 'masterclass' typical Juve performance away at Lazio.

And if they were to play like this on Wednesday, then we will find it very difficult. Hard to break down, solid defensively and worryingly an end product.

Lazio have one of the best attacks in the league and Juventus limited them to ZERO shots on goal all game and Lazio were at home!

Juventus of course won it in the 93rd minute.

A performance like this Wednesday would put them through to the quarter finals. An early goal for us would be fucking amazing.

If we play on Wednesday like we played in Rome there is not a chance in hell that we will go through. Starting from the fact that in rome we did not need to win and we played not to lose while in London we will play to win. I think Allegri will still be relatively cautious in the first half but if the score will not change in our favour he will have to take risk in the second. A big difference vs the first leg is that Matuidi and Dybala are back although Paulo is still far from full form. Higuain is still not sure, but I think he will play in the end.
It should be a game with goals though since I do not expect you to sit and wait to defend the draw and you are very dangerous in attack, but I expect juve to have a much better hold of the midfield vs the first leg. It should be a good game, unfortunately did not manage to find a ticket :(

Last edited:
Hahaha.

You're waving the white flag already and have the cheek to call me a cunt?

Pathetic.
Listen, rat, you spoke our of turn. You're trying to double down on it.

I spoke with honesty. Fools like you give us the idiot class reputation. We must respect the Old Lady, or they will hurt us. We are going into this game with the wrong head, and it's because of cunts like you.

And don't bother with your private message apologies. I don't want to hear then. Wash your mouth.

Listen, rat, you spoke our of turn. You're trying to double down on it.

I spoke with honesty. Fools like you give us the idiot class reputation. We must respect the Old Lady, or they will hurt us. We are going into this game with the wrong head, and it's because of cunts like you.

And don't bother with your private message apologies. I don't want to hear then. Wash your mouth.

Apologise?! Hahaha, for what? For not giving up before a ball has even been kicked?!

Fuck off and fuck McGinn as well. All Scottish players are gash. He wouldn't even make it into our reserve team!

What a dick. Go and have a drink, might prevent you from acting like such a cunt.

Ffs.

Allegri actually does not respect us at all, that is why he didn't shake poch's hand at the end of the game.

He thinks he has some divine right to get past us because we're the new guys on the block as far as CL goes.

o_O
Really not sure where are you getting that from....I have listened to many of Allegri's interviews and he has always talked about Spurs as a very strong team that has the same chances to qualify as us.
He did say that your weakest link is defense or less strong compared to a world class midfield and attack. And to be honest I do not think that is a wrong assessment of the team's relative strength and it was demonstrated in Turin where you conceded and created a lot of chances

Back
Top Bottom