Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont think there is any shame in going out to them. Yes the nature of the defeat hurt but onwards and upwards, I have faith in the players and Poch to come back stronger as they have done for every time we have faltered.

Think we came up short against an experienced and talented side, no shame in that but on another night we could have been out of sight.

The big hope is we learn to channel the disappointment and go for the FA Cup and a champ league spot. What happens in the remaining fixtures is in many way even more important, time to grow up a bit and get it done.

Fucking heartbreaking. But we need to be honest in our defeat and learn our lessons. When it comes to the biggest games, Trippier and Davies are simply not good enough. Lets not pretend otherwise. And if we want to push forward and make a mark in these competions, we need to keep players like Toby and Danny. We have shown we are a club that belongs at the top table. Lets keep hold of the players that can keep us there.
Danny Rose isn't half the player Ben Davies is currently.

Very disappointing. In control at half-time but lost it in five minutes. We have to get over this and quickly, starting on Sunday.
COYS
Well, we lost it in five minutes, then in the next 25 minutes. That's when our inexperience showed and their Italian-ness/exprerience came to the fore. We looked like boys against men then, although it hurts me to say it

progression is progression

this is the experience that other teams have had for years, we can't expect to do as badly as last season and waltz into the final the next.

but we've improved in europe while not allowing it to massively knock on our league form, from here we kick on.

coys

The CL is still a mythical land for us as proven by Davidson tonight. Was awesome all game, made a rash decision coming out of the line and Dybala scores.
When that rashness leaves him, he will be so good.
Slightly disappointed with Harry tonight. Looked like he simply ran out of steam after about 50 minuted

What may not have come across on the screen but was obvs (esp in the second half as they came towards us) was how much they niggled at Kane and Dele all game - nasty niggly grapples and kicks that will fatigue anyone

Gutted, but it's progress, both for the players and Poch - a Learning lesson for both, and against what is a proven great side with a master (and dirty) defender in Chiellini who saved their bacon more than once in the second half

Onwards, upwards and time to close out the season. And any gooner that gives shit, just remind them they've got another year out of this competition to come so pipe the fuck down

COYS

we didn't create enough chances and we didn't capitalize on the ones we did. we deserved to lose, if we won we would have deserved that too. Seeing our boys play and how the wanted it gives me no doubt that we will get top 4 and i could see us win the FA. our team is good enough we just didn't preform today, and that sucks, but it is a pleasure to be a part of.
We created enough chances mate.

The lack of experience in managing the game at 1-1 and pushing forward was clear. Had to calm down and just keep the ball for a few minutes and almost play on the counter rather then push too far forward. Really gutted as we deserved more but proud of what we did. That's the difference at this level. Deserving it means fuck all. Great teams are ruthless in the KO stages.

Don't know what to do with myself. Fucking hurts. It was there for us. But, you've got to experience the lows to truly enjoy the highs, and fucking eh have we had some great highs in the competition this year. We shocked a lot of people this year, the world took notice and I will remember so much of it so fondly and I'm beyond eager for our lads to learn from this and take it up yet another level next season.

He shit himself a minute earlier when Harry hit the post and wasn’t prepared to give us a second chance. Bent Polish bastard
Stick to fucking plumbing and milking our system
Unnecessary xenophobic bullshit.
Nothing wrong with the many Polish people I know. Work hard and pay their fucking taxes. Unlike many of our own I'm afraid

It hurts so much. . .

I feel like even the stats reflect that we deserved to win this tie. The way we collapsed at the back was far too "spursy" for my liking.

At the same time though, I am proud of this spurs team. My mate keeps telling me that "we are in our peak now, we have to win it's now or never" but I honestly think this kind of experience will help this spurs side.

This was not some joke team we went out too, they know how to do it. There experience was too much, it hurts but I still love us. Fuck those pasta eating bastards, they can take this win but they can't take the fact that over the two legs we were by far the better team.:tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom