Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To any of the melters who are saying we were outplayed or that we bottled it or just generally being negative you can fuck off into a wood chipper. To everybody else, virtual beer on me

Why does the 'mentality' tag and 'bottle' tag get thrown about every time we lose a big game?

Yet when we win big games, it's usually because the other team is off form etc.

Strange.

Gutted.
But on a cheery note, walking back to Wembley Park a little lad was waving his flag & consoling his old man. The immortal words “never mind dad, we are going to be in it next year. Unlike Woolwich.”
Fair play son.
:tobyarm:

Lads, cheer up. We’ve put everything out there in the Champions League this season, beaten the best, topped the group of the death and got a very creditable draw in Juventus.

We don’t lose 10-2 over 2 legs, we didn’t fall to pieces to the hands of Europe’s best, we went toe to toe with them. The players will learn, Poch will and we will. We’ve shown Europe who we are.

I know people like to express disappointment in different ways, but we have plenty of things to be positive about.

That’s actually cheered me up a little...

When Poch starts telling our players to start doing to the opposition what Juve did to us tonight, the 'holier than thou' British media will hound him out of British football... Juve adopted disgracefully dirty spoiling tactics... yes they scored twice, but could easily have been down to 9 men had the officials and media not been wanking over their nous & 'experience'... well if experience means stamping on the oppositions best player, then fuck that. I'd rather win a game fair and square.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're joking, either that or you're pissed (off!)

We could have been 1-0 down after 25 minutes and Vertonghen could have been sent off. Swings and roundabouts.

Watch, we'll go on to win the FA Cup beating Leicester in the final and all we'll see is

"It's only Leicester"

"We didn't have to play a hard game all tournament"

"It's only the FA Cup, even Woolwich have won that"

Faced 4 teams in the CL this season. 3 of them were Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Juventus.
I think the way we performed against them all as a collective is admirable.
I agree. The team has been fantastic and if anything over achieved.
But some of our players are just out of their depth at the very highest level. That's not a criticism. They give 100%. But sometimes you need more.

Absolutely gutted. Had to go and hide in the bathroom for a bit after the final whistle.

I knew we were going to have problems after not putting two away in the first half. There was just no way they were going to continue being that shit when facing exit from the Champions League. Dier clearly wasn't right, not that I'm putting all the blame on him.

Sigh.

Overall I am proud of our CL outing this season. It brought us some great memories. Now we've learned the lesson and should build on that for our next outing.

We won the group of death and held Juve at bay for large parts of the two legs. Now we march on. There's a game on Sunday my friends with 3 points on the line and we are still in the cup to boot.

If we did not let going out to Gent/Genk/whoever in the Europa last year derail our season we won't let this derail this one

Back
Top Bottom