Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Naivety and over-confidence cost us tonight. We played right into their hands. These cunts have done the same to better teams than us; we thought we could get through with energy and momentum, but against these lot you need steel and snide. We thought we were in control but they were just waiting for their chance, waiting for us to slow down, for less than just 5 minutes, and that's all they needed.

We have to be honest with ourselves, the quality was lacking a bit tonight. We have heart and industry, but there is still plenty of room to add quality. And we will need it, to go further next time.

Sickening though, after everything. But we have to somehow recover from this, and learn. That's been us in the last few years, every failure, a lesson; every setback, an opportunity. Responding to this and finishing the season well elsewhere, will make us stronger in the long run.

That first bit is exactly right, we slowed down, felt too comfortable with our advantage and Juventus are able to speed up very suddenly which they did. I agree it is an experience thing, for both the players and the manager too.

Gutted but that was a tough tie and a tough game. We learn and move on, next stop the F.A Cup bring it back to the New White Hart Lane lads.
Heads up... and feel proud.

I love MP. But this is a game where he was found out.
Should have closed shop in the 2nd half. We could even have done so after conceding the first goal.
He had no answer to Juve's changes.
This loss is really hard to stomach.

By the way, just some perspective. Juventus are unbeaten in 21 games.

This is the longest unbeaten run of all the sides in the top 5 European leagues and have only conceded 4 goals within that run.

We scored 3 of those 4 goals

Experience did us and Alli and Kane not quite having the oomph when most needed.

Say whatever of the likes of Higuain, Messi and Ronaldo. Neymar and even Bale. The Drogbas of this world and my favourite, the Brazilian Ronaldo. They make that difference.

We are getting there and can afford to lose a player or two and still get there but context.

PSG and many other clubs have spent more and continue to fall short. It is a hard competition but the more you are in it the better you should get.

No need for disappointment. Just pride really.

Watch, we'll go on to win the FA Cup beating Leicester in the final and all we'll see is

"It's only Leicester"

"We didn't have to play a hard game all tournament"

"It's only the FA Cup, even Woolwich have won that"

I’d be over the moon if that happens - wouldn’t give a single fuck what the media say.

By the way, just some perspective. Juventus are unbeaten in 21 games.

This is the longest unbeaten run of all the sides in the top 5 European leagues and have only conceded 4 goals within that run.

We scored 3 of those 4 goals

Correct but that perspective was needed beforehand to temper the over optimism.

Italy may not have the best league in the world but they still produce the odd gem of a club team and this is that team.

Before the melters arrive.

Honestly disappointed. but in no way were we humiliated, facing one of the best sides in Europe is challenging and a lapse in concentration happens, the players are human.

This shite about our mentality or defence is rubbish. We weren't broken down going 2-1 today or in Turin, we went straight back to attack. as to our defence, one of the best in the league with a 21 CB and our main CB injured. if anything Juve's defence was more soft and with more luck we could have converted 2-3 more goals

Put yourself on a pedestal with your first line why don't you ?
Very common on here.

Right... fuck this... we need to harness and use the EXPERIENCE of tonight and kick the shit out of EVERY opponent we come up against....
How DARE Chellini dedicate such a hatchet job for Davide Astori...
Playing for a team whose tactics are to stamp on the opposition, then cry crocodile tears and pretend that was in their 'memory' makes me sick to the stomach. But BT seems happy to LAP it up... but I'm sure will come down like a self righteous ton of bricks on Dele next time he tries to win a penalty ... (Which he won't manage to... ever again!)

Cos as we've ALL learnt.. diving out of the way of a crunching tackle is FAR worse than the 'Gamesmanship' and 'experience' of stamping on the oppositions leg.
.FUCK EUROPEAN FOOTBALL IF this is what it's come to!

Absolutely gutted. Had to go and hide in the bathroom for a bit after the final whistle.

I knew we were going to have problems after not putting two away in the first half. There was just no way they were going to continue being that shit when facing exit from the Champions League. Dier clearly wasn't right, not that I'm putting all the blame on him.

Sigh.

At 1-1 had to put wanyama on and take the sting out of it but threw ourselves forward and set ourselves up for an easy counter. Had some warnings and then their first goal. Had to dive about win some fouls and keep ball for a bit and recompose ourselves

I love MP. But this is a game where he was found out.
Should have closed shop in the 2nd half. We could even have done so after conceding the first goal.
He had no answer to Juve's changes.
This loss is really hard to stomach.
Who the fuck are you? Get out of here with that shit, we've got nothing to be ashamed of. It was a decent tie that just didn't work out for us. We bossed Juve for 80 minutes of the 90, but it didn't work out. Such is life.

Back
Top Bottom