Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pulisic instead plz (on potential).

This does raise one thing though... if we are going to make a move for Pulisic, I sure hope we're doing so now. I'd rather not let it get to the point where Dortmund have sold several players already and decide to pull the drawbridge up.

Poch and his staff are keen admirer of Pulisic apparently. Not surprised. He tore us an absolute new one in the Europa League when he was 17 or so? and was their best player in the Champions League fixture at Wembley last season (harsh goal disallowed too).

Only 19. Wealth of experience in one of the best leagues in the world and full of European experience. Adds something different to our team and still very mouldable in terms of what Pochettino wants.

Plus as already mentioned. The American market.

Must admit, much prefer taking gambles on these highly rated talents than the likes of Zaha etc. who is quite clearly a big fish in a small pond and loves being as such.

Kid is 19 and he is not a striker, he also has a lot more to his game than goals. I remember watching him against us and he was their best player.

Presses well, dribbles in tight spaces, makes runs that pull players out of position, a general arse to play against and somewhat different to any player we have.
In that clip of his contribution to the Wembley game, he loses the ball a third of the time, mishits the pass a third of the time and only uses it well a third of the time.

And no, he's not a striker but he's a winger-come-attacking midfielder - Son basically - and should be scoring more.

Central midfield is our priority, that where we need to go biggest

Poch and his staff are keen admirer of Pulisic apparently. Not surprised. He tore us an absolute new one in the Europa League when he was 17 or so? and was their best player in the Champions League fixture at Wembley last season (harsh goal disallowed too).

Only 19. Wealth of experience in one of the best leagues in the world and full of European experience. Adds something different to our team and still very mouldable in terms of what Pochettino wants.

Plus as already mentioned. The American market.

Must admit, much prefer taking gambles on these highly rated talents than the likes of Zaha etc. who is quite clearly a big fish in a small pond and loves being as such.
I don't know how it came across on TV, but sat at Wembley I was terrified every time Pulisic had the ball and was running at our defence. Completely forgot how young he is/was watching him play (which I feel is a good sign).

Then again, I get scared whenever relegation fodder are counterattacking against us.
:vert:

Like you, I much prefer the idea of signing him to Zaha. I think the latter has peaked whereas the former shows enormous signs of promise while being incredibly young and playing for a style/quality of team we're trying to emulate.

Oh, and one quick thing about the recent 'Tottenham won't sign Bale' articles - this feels very much like something the club has directly briefed the journalists on. Perhaps because the entire fanbase on social media suddenly fell in love with the idea of re-signing him.

Unless it's an enormous bluff (I don't think so, sadly).
:levywtf:

Alas, it'd probably be in our best interests for Bale to renegotiate with Real and sign a new contract. Please God, I never want to see him at United.

Agreed, let's keep Sissoko and let some other PL rival get this young, talented, quick and tricky player. After all he'd be unlikely to improve under Poch that much...............

FFS

Imagine if Fergie had laughed at his scouting department when they recommended Ronaldo.

THREE goals in 35 GAMES!? at 18 years old!? for a winger!?

He'll never make it.

Imagine if Fergie had laughed at his scouting department when they recommended Ronaldo.

THREE goals in 35 GAMES!? at 18 years old!? for a winger!?

He'll never make it.
We also need to remember that our best chance at buying world-class players is to snap them up before their profile explodes. If Pulisic had just come off the back of a better season (or was going to the World Cup) then I don't think we'd be able to get him - but if we move right now then we probably can.

Agreed, let's keep Sissoko and let some other PL rival get this young, talented, quick and tricky player. After all he'd be unlikely to improve under Poch that much...............

FFS
That might work if he played in anything remotely like the same position, but he doesn't, so how about we replace Sissoko and (potentially) Dembele with a top class central midfielder?

How much would you pay for him?

What are the fees being banded about?

Doesn't matter what I'd pay for him. If Pochettino wants him and Levy stumps up the cash to back his man, so be it

A transfer fee shouldn't dictate what to expect from a player.

Pulisic is widely regarded as one of the best young prospects in world football. If he ended up at Spurs, a club widely regarded as a place where young talent is given game time and allowed to progress then go for it. That excites me.

Whether that's true or not he was shit and never lived up to the hype , you can't simply use Cristiano Ronaldo as validation for spending large sums on every high profile prospect.

Ferguson never thought he was shit so the comparison is pointless. He played a part in many of United league wins, Champions League and domestic victories. A player that Ferguson trusted. Which is a lot more than what a Spurs fan thinks of a successful United players ability.

Just like if Pochettino is an admirer of Pulisic we should perhaps, I don't know, back the decision?

Who gives a fuck how many goals he's scored as a teenager in the Bundesliga. Pochettino probably doesn't

What are the fees being banded about?

Doesn't matter what I'd pay for him. If Pochettino wants him and Levy stumps up the cash to back his man, so be it

A transfer fee shouldn't dictate what to expect from a player.

Pulisic is widely regarded as one of the best young prospects in world football. If he ended up at Spurs, a club widely regarded as a place where young talent is given game time and allowed to progress then go for it. That excites me.
Sissoko was £30m. If Dortmund need £50m to get the deal done for Pulisic then so be it. If it keeps Poch happy, the kid comes good, and his wages won't be super high then it sounds right.

If we spent £100m buying Martial and Pulisic to turn our team into a 4-3-3 then I think I'd faint.

Sissoko was £30m. If Dortmund need £50m to get the deal done for Pulisic then so be it. If it keeps Poch happy, the kid comes good, and his wages won't be super high then it sounds right.

If we spent £100m buying Martial and Pulisic to turn our team into a 4-3-3 then I think I'd faint.

Again. It's not my money being spent, so I don't care what the fee is. If it costs £100,000,000 to get him, Pochettino wants him and Levy backs him, who gives a toss?

If we get Pulisic, I would probably say it's highly unlikely we get Martial and we head into the season with Pulisic, Son, Lucas, Dele, Eriksen and Lamela being able to play behind Kane, which is pretty good going in the attacking sense.

Martial scored 2 goals in 15 games at the age of 19 by the way. He'll never amount to anything.

Back
Top Bottom