Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

not sure why so many turn their noses up at Zaha , I think he would be a good addition
I reckon he would be a winger version of Scott Parker in that everyone doesn't want him now but if he came they'd realise he's very good.

Pulisic will only bring more Americans here anyway, do we want this place to turn into reddit r/coys lads? Didn't think so.

I reckon he would be a winger version of Scott Parker in that everyone doesn't want him now but if he came they'd realise he's very good.

Pulisic will only bring more Americans here anyway, do we want this place to turn into reddit r/coys lads? Didn't think so.
Love the guy. Would still play him today. Not with today ability of course.

Portugese league, no less. Nailed on flop. He's not Premier League-proven.
tumblr_mkqimsIvr61ruw1vso1_500.gif

Oh, and one quick thing about the recent 'Tottenham won't sign Bale' articles - this feels very much like something the club has directly briefed the journalists on. Perhaps because the entire fanbase on social media suddenly fell in love with the idea of re-signing him.

Unless it's an enormous bluff (I don't think so, sadly).
:levywtf:

Alas, it'd probably be in our best interests for Bale to renegotiate with Real and sign a new contract. Please God, I never want to see him at United.
i think logic dictates thats it's unlikely.
Even if we match any fee, his agent aint gonna negotiate a pay cut for him (Bale), cos thats less money for him (agent), unless Bale insists that he does. The only way the transfer happens is if bale is insistent that it happens.

In the old days we may have been able to negotiate a deal like the one that took Keegan to Newcastle:a sponor pays a chunk and gets personal appearances.
but that don't happen anymore either cos they generally keep their image rights outside of the basics (kit etc)

i think logic dictates thats it's unlikely.
Even if we match any fee, his agent aint gonna negotiate a pay cut for him (Bale), cos thats less money for him (agent), unless Bale insists that he does. The only way the transfer happens is if bale is insistent that it happens.

In the old days we may have been able to negotiate a deal like the one that took Keegan to Newcastle:a sponor pays a chunk and gets personal appearances.
but that don't happen anymore either cos they generally keep their image rights outside of the basics (kit etc)
This reminds me of the second thing... it’s not even like there’s ‘brand synergy’ that would push Bale to us. We’re Nike and he (like Pogba) is Adidas... and who is it that makes the Man U kits again?

Meanwhile:

59c1be08cb38e0b217f4cb37be5ab023.jpg

The idea of Bale seems amazing, but if it in any way would negatively impact Kanes role or his future with us then I'd say pass.

Does Bale want to be second fiddle, after being a sub at Madrid, at a club where he was the top dog before?

The idea of Bale seems amazing, but if it in any way would negatively impact Kanes role or his future with us then I'd say pass.

Does Bale want to be second fiddle, after being a sub at Madrid, at a club where he was the top dog before?
There’s also the serious question of finances. Maybe one day we’ll be the club that can throw caution to the wind and spend the fee/wages on Bale - but right now the priority does have to be on the balance of the squad.

If there is actually a transfer kitty that would allow us to ship out Toby and Dembele (and assorted deadwood) and sign:

- Martial
- Pulisic
- De Ligt
- a CM

Then that would be absolutely incredible. Bale would derail 2 or more of those from happening - all for an asset that decreases in value over time with an slightly iffy injury history.

There’s also the serious question of finances. Maybe one day we’ll be the club that can throw caution to the wind and spend the fee/wages on Bale - but right now the priority does have to be on the balance of the squad.

If there is actually a transfer kitty that would allow us to ship out Toby and Dembele (and assorted deadwood) and sign:

- Martial
- Pulisic
- De Ligt
- a CM

Then that would be absolutely incredible. Bale would derail 2 or more of those from happening - all for an asset that decreases in value over time with an slightly iffy injury history.
that, and anyone that thinks we wont be operating under financial contraints until the stadium is paid for is an eidjit

There is more chance of me signing for spurs this summer than Bale
And i'm overweight , asmatic and can't run for more than 30 seconds
Wish people would remove thoughts of bale completely

Ferguson never thought he was shit so the comparison is pointless. He played a part in many of United league wins, Champions League and domestic victories. A player that Ferguson trusted. Which is a lot more than what a Spurs fan thinks of a successful United players ability.

Just like if Pochettino is an admirer of Pulisic we should perhaps, I don't know, back the decision?

Who gives a fuck how many goals he's scored as a teenager in the Bundesliga. Pochettino probably doesn't

Can't really see it with the kid myself and think he'd be our entire net spend can't justify that sort of money just cos Ronaldo cracked it that's irrelevant , the upside was bigger with youth players then aswell because you didn't pay 50 -70milion for them then thus had a better ratio of risk and reward.

Now, i think he would. Last couple of years, not so much. He'll cost a lot though. Way things are going now, especially for domestic players, probably £60 million +

Yeah he's been priced out of a move by the market now. Signed that contract with Palace and he's pretty much stuck there until it ends in 2022 (he'll be around 29 then I think). He is good, but no way is anyone paying £60-70m for him. Nobody who could afford that needs him.

I'm usually opposed to signing yanks because American footballers are generally second rate athletes who were not good enough for NFL, NBA or MLB but I think Pulisic is the exception and would be an excellent signing. Very well balanced, two footed, technically proficient, decent turn of pace. Would be a big upgrade on a particular player I'm not going to mention.

Back
Top Bottom