Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale wants to play regular football and enjoy it

I'm not just saying it because its clichéd but this under mourinho?

I think he could easily foresee trouble with Jose especially as he has the same agent as Shaw

Compare that with the opportunity to work under a vibrant dynamic coach like Poch and it's not obviously yanited any longer

Not just that but it's the players you have to play with. I can't see Bale being too excitted at the prospect of playing with Lukaku for instance, whereas I'm sure he'd love to play with Kane.

What I like is it's off his foot. I've seen so many of these, whilst spectacular there are so many of them that come off of the shin or some other body part. This was plumb. Also, the cross had a fair bit of pace on it and because it was behind him Bale still has to adjust, at no point was he completely set. Incredible.
Same here, the cross was a standard cross moving quite quickly across him not at all the typical type that you would attempt what he did. Exceptionally difficult even if you are set and he wasn't. You will have spare fingers on one hand working out what other players in world football can match that.

Don't underestimate the influence of sponsors here either. Bale is probably adidas's biggest football athlete behind possibly pogba. They'll be desperate to have him in a united shirt rather than spurs Nike kit. Obviously there's loads of players at clubs who aren't sponsored by the same companies as them, but I'm sure they'll be trying to influence him

Don't underestimate the influence of sponsors here either. Bale is probably adidas's biggest football athlete behind possibly pogba. They'll be desperate to have him in a united shirt rather than spurs Nike kit. Obviously there's loads of players at clubs who aren't sponsored by the same companies as them, but I'm sure they'll be trying to influence him

wit that in mind if we dont yet have stadium sponsor then signing Bale could help pay for itself with a sponsor willing to pay that bit more.

I'd hate to see him in a Utd kit, and I'm not sure he'd even improve them. He won't want to be playing as an auxiliarly right back in Mourinho's 451.

Utd would be better off signing another Lingard type player.

I dont think its a coincidence De Gea went addidas gloves when united changed

Not just that but it's the players you have to play with. I can't see Bale being too excitted at the prospect of playing with Lukaku for instance, whereas I'm sure he'd love to play with Kane.

120m transfer fee and 300k a week. Absolutely no chance. Just can't see it as much I wish it will.

He’s not coming back here. If a PL club makes an offer we have to be informed and can match that offer then they have to sell to us, despite interest from anyone else.
Nothing to stop a non PL club making the first offer, in which case we have nothing.
So, if the clause is real, if Man U offer £70m, are we going to match that?
Bale will also have to take a massive cut in wages. He’s only going to get £150 k at the very very most.

Also, there’s the slight problem of him wanting to play regularly and getting him to do his defensive duty.
Of course it would be great to see him back here. He would be a great addition to the squad. Not going to happen though.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom