Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HLoDQQp.jpg

Does any idiot here genuinely think we could sign a better player than Bale right now?

And no, I’m not talking about some QPR player, or Max Aarons, or Zaha, or whoever the latest flavour of the month is, that NONE of you will still want in January.

Not “maybe in three years he might be quite effective”.....

Im talking about world class talent.

Add the Spurs connection, the world class manager, and the fact he wants to come here, I’m sorry but anyone trying to bash this move is a fucking idiot

Got sent this from a mate earlier

"
A guy who works with Jose & the coaches sent my mate this:

Jose and Nuno said that Bale could have played yesterday but they didn’t want to risk him.
They are blown away at how good he is, his absolutely flying in training - and Bale is so happy to be at spurs again - he’s itching to get on the pitch"

He could have gone to a bigger club, if he had wanted to. He wanted to come home though, to us. This is a player who wants to regain that feeling, that link with the fans, which he has not had at Real. Back to a club which has progressed since he left but which has still fallen short. He wants to win something here, be instrumental in delivering that, and shove Real's face in it.

For me this is what football is all about. I remember the magic of Bale's goals, they were unfathomable. That late winner against West Ham will always be in my memory. It was like a nuclear bomb. It was pure glory. And he's back, chances are that we get to experience more of that feeling. What could be better? Incredible signing in my view.

I really don't want to get over excited about Bale so in my mind I'm telling myself he is old and past it and we will get only a few moments of quality from him this season.

But when I see shit like these latest articles about how impressed the staff are with his application and quality I get a little bit jumpy and I need to try and contain myself. Please don't let me believe we're getting proper Gareth Bale back because I don't think my heart can take it !!
Hi mate, a Bale fan from Madrid here. He was still the best of the squad in Madrid by far, but after two years in the bench we'll need time to see what he can do concerning speed. I have faith he will recover, he's an athletic beast. However, he's so injury prone that in that sense it's difficult to be optimistic.

You have millions of new spurs fans this year, we the madridistas who like Bale, Mou and Reguilón. The Bale affair has been so insulting for him and for us that we badly want him to prove Zidane and the club have been a**holes with him and with us, the fans who pay to see him playing by our side.

We are following the Premier League this season more than La Liga, our squad is just awful and we have zero chances in Europe, our only real target, the league is a small meaningless trophy now a days.

So COYS and Gareth we want you to give Spurs the league this year.

Back
Top Bottom