Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks for the pointless response.

Now tell me how that helps out the CURRENT situation regarding the HG quota?

The HG quota only applies to players above a certain age 21/22 (forget which) no?

That said, there's no prohibition us playing more players who are under that age.

So my original point was its more beneficial us paying big bucks for someone not ready quite yet but with huge potential (who in my example was foreign) than someone who's equally as unsuitable but more due to ability than age (HG player)

If Eriksen would leave, we’ll need a world class player to replace him, meaning Grealish would still not get that much game time (unless he will be playing in a different position ofc)

But surely our Danish Duke will sign a new contract and we won’t need to worry about all this :eriksenlol:

yea i'd hope we'd get someone else too, but if grealish isn't meant to backup/understudy/replace eriksen long-term, i don't exactly know what we're doing chasing him. i don't think hes either a prem level CM or a better attacker than any of our current crop. he's gonna need a lot of games in the next 2-3 seasons to reach his full potential, and i don't think we are an ideal destination for him to do that. it's just a weird fit to me all around. best place i think he could go right now is one of burnley, leicester, newcastle, or everton.

if we just need to up our homegrown count and have a cup alternative for eriksen, couldn't we just rebuy tom carroll from swansea?

Last edited:
Lot of reports Fekir might have failed a medical. Bad news for us because we"ll have to wait around to see who Liverpool will decide to bid on instead if that transfer falls through.

But we can maybe add Fekir to the list of deadline day transfers at knockdown prices we might make.

Lot of reports Fekir might have failed a medical. Bad news for us because we"ll have to wait around to see who Liverpool will decide to bid on instead if that transfer falls through.

But we can maybe add Fekir to the list of deadline day transfers at knockdown prices we might make.

Seems he passed the medical mate.

"
According to the Liverpool Echo, the medical team sought a second opinion over a knee issue they discovered.

However, after further examination and with their fears eased, Fekir passed his medical and is now expected to become the club’s second most expensive signing."

Your comment is madness tbh... may not come in as a starter but will be a very good squad player this year (which is what 20-30m will get you in the prem these days). Did you watch him under Sherwood in the prem at all ? When they beat us at our place ? Against Liverpool in the Semi-Final when he was 19 ?? If he is a championship player and kept Onomah out of the team last year... then what is Onomah ? League One ?
Bollocks

Pre-incoming transfers squad:

Kane
Son

Son-----------------------------------------------Moura
Dele-------------------------------------------------Lamela
Eriksen
Lamela

Dele-------------
Winks-------------
-------------
Dier
--------------Wanyama

Rose-----------------------------------------Walker-Peters
Davies--------------------------------------------=---Aurier-------

Vertonghen-----------Sanchez
Davies-------------------Dier

Lloris
Vorm
Gazzaniga

Trippier, Foyth, Carter-Vickers, Dembele.

Pre-incoming transfers squad:

Kane
Son

Son-----------------------------------------------Moura
Dele-------------------------------------------------Lamela
Eriksen
Lamela

Dele-------------
Winks-------------
-------------
Dier
--------------Wanyama

Rose-----------------------------------------Walker-Peters
Davies--------------------------------------------=---Aurier-------

Davies-------------------Dier

Lloris
Vorm
Gazzaniga

More like:

Kane
Son

Son-----------------------------------------------Lamela
Dele------------- ---------------------------- --------Aurier
Eriksen
Lamela

Dele
-------------
Eriksen-------------
-------------
Dier
--------------Rose

Rose
------ ------------------- ------------Aurier
Vertonghen------------------------------------------=---Dier-------

Sanchez-------------------Lloris

Lloris
Kane

Better than any transfer ... interesting comment that Kane's wages include up to 50% in bonuses ... so a basic 200k could earn him 300k ... that confirms why our wages budget is so much higher than all the contract salaries added together .. it's the 50% bonuses ... also means that if don't play, you don't earn the big bucks, that seems fair enough and bloody shrewd management ....

Well, such a structure also has a downside. It will double the frustration of not being picked for a game and for being injured. This may partly explain why our full backs, that were rotated quite frequently, wanted out.

Furthermore, it adds pressure to the manager to play the established players over the upcoming. Which may explain why you see a Sissoko getting ten minutes towards the end of the game that is already won in place of a talented youngster.

Well, such a structure also has a downside. It will double the frustration of not being picked for a game and for being injured. This may partly explain why our full backs, that were rotated quite frequently, wanted out.

Furthermore, it adds pressure to the manager to play the established players over the upcoming. Which may explain why you see a Sissoko getting ten minutes towards the end of the game that is already won in place of a talented youngster.
thats quite handy if you want to shift someone on and not have him do a Bogarde

Back
Top Bottom