Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You’ve also been very clear that Sanchez had been playing very well and Toby has been rubbish in any games this year. Yet above you are saying that there no way Poch would drop a key player. Is he key or rubbish?

Toby played rubbish. Never said he was a rubbish footballer. You know this and your not the first to keep trying to turn it into something its not, but well done.
He was rubbish against WBA and Brighton....probably part to lack of game time, and probably part to lack of committment.
In form, and committed he is a key player to our squad.
We have seen that Poch doenst just drop key players for that long, as was the case with Kane and Dele. He played them to form (while I disagree with that tactic, its not the issue here
before you go all off topic about that).

Therefore, i dont believe Toby was dropped between January and May due to form.
Try not to ask me to explain it again, its crystal clear what Im saying. You know that, even if you disagree.

More than happy to stop engaging with you Sammy. Let’s agree to disagree. I’ve no wish to change your mind on anything and i’ll now stop responding to your posts.

Probably why he’s going to hang around for another year and then leave for nothing, making himself and agent the most they can get out of it at this stage.

You never know maybe he’s realised that Spurs don’t need him as badly as he thought, Utd aren’t willing to pay, no one else is interested, and our offer looks like the best deal out there and he signs it.

For me his commitment has been laid bare though for all to see...despite what Poch said, we all know why he was dropped.
Look at Dele and Kane when they were poor, he played them anyway and everyone thought that was great....no way he’s dropping Toby for 4 months over a dip in form.
Not gonna lie sammy the pre knee injury Toby really was one of the best CB in world football. He was world class

But since then he's only been very good and injured.

And you're right his stock has fallen since. I can't predict what is gonna happen ... what we do know is he pissed off Poch and any backtracking is gonna some portions of humble pie.

Who knows it sounded to me like he got a pretty good offer from us as well

I can tell by your tone you've had enough ... Im inclined to agree

Think from his Instagram posts Toby is pretty settled at Spurs. Very supportive of the club and positive about everything.

And also heard a rumour there’s a clause Toby can go for 25m next summer.

Who really knows though?

He probably doesn't post them himself.

He has a very good PR team.

Probably why he’s going to hang around for another year and then leave for nothing, making himself and agent the most they can get out of it at this stage.

You never know maybe he’s realised that Spurs don’t need him as badly as he thought, Utd aren’t willing to pay, no one else is interested, and our offer looks like the best deal out there and he signs it.

For me his commitment has been laid bare though for all to see...despite what Poch said, we all know why he was dropped.
Look at Dele and Kane when they were poor, he played them anyway and everyone thought that was great....no way he’s dropping Toby for 4 months over a dip in form.

You didn’t you fucking fraud!

I can't help but feel that Man Ure are planning Levy at his own game and winning at present. IMHO if Toby went to Man Ure for the money we wanted, we got atrial for £50million or so, then we would have turned our attention to De Ligt. As it is, Man Ure are standing their ground and we are not getting drawn in to a deal where we will struggle to win.

I can't help but feel that Man Ure are planning Levy at his own game and winning at present. IMHO if Toby went to Man Ure for the money we wanted, we got atrial for £50million or so, then we would have turned our attention to De Ligt. As it is, Man Ure are standing their ground and we are not getting drawn in to a deal where we will struggle to win.

If United play this game long enough Martial will leave for free.

Is that winning?

If United play this game long enough Martial will leave for free.

Is that winning?
That's two years away, by that stage Martial may find his career tailed off or he could have fallen in love with football and be tearing the EPL apart.

At the same time a 31 year old Toby Alderweirald could be about to leave for free or have left for £25 million, or could have signed a new contract and be back to his best or injured.

Who knows what two years will bring. All we know is that we are stuck with a key player wanting out while they have a bit part player wanting out. Who is better off there?

That's two years away, by that stage Martial may find his career tailed off or he could have fallen in love with football and be tearing the EPL apart.

At the same time a 31 year old Toby Alderweirald could be about to leave for free or have left for £25 million, or could have signed a new contract and be back to his best or injured.

Who knows what two years will bring. All we know is that we are stuck with a key player wanting out while they have a bit part player wanting out. Who is better off there?

Evidently TA hasn't been a key player this last year. Better squad with him, sure, but "key"? Not any more thanks to the awesome signing of the bwoy Davinson.

Besides, surely the state of what remains is the guage of whos better off? ....Not the contents of their potential 'out' list.

As Airfixx Airfixx has said Toby is no longer key and we will get minimum 25m for him next summer as the moment that price kicks in interested parties will start talking high wages with him.

The only real loser is Toby. He has not signed a new contract since he joined.
He has been very badly advised tbh.

Martial is a young man and if he keeps working will get a chance. Just probably not in a Mourinho team unfortunately.

Also Martial cost United 3 x what Toby cost us. So they have more to lose.

We can still double our money and have paid Toby less than we actually wanted to pay him since 2016. I think martial actually earns more than Toby.

Mind boggling when you think about it.

Apparently ManUre have slapped a £75 million price tag on him

No way is he worth that
Maybe £30 million

Fools - so what is Rashford worth if they st that with Martial?

Problem for them then is if they get a reputation for taking young players then not playing them and putting stupid valuations on them. People won’t wanr to go there.

Just older players looking for a payday.

See if they try and get Bale I guess.
That will mean they have to look at selling one of their attacking players.

Fools - so what is Rashford worth if they st that with Martial?

Problem for them then is if they get a reputation for taking young players then not playing them and putting stupid valuations on them. People won’t wanr to go there.

Just older players looking for a payday.

See if they try and get Bale I guess.
That will mean they have to look at selling one of their attacking players.
Not to mention putting a price tag on them that generally only PL clubs can afford. Yet refusing to sell to PL clubs/rivals.

So at the end of the day there are only a select few clubs out on the continent that can afford to buy the player but those clubs are already stacked with talent so there is no guarantee of the player getting more playing time at the new club unless the new club sells someone else.

Back
Top Bottom